Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0166.] viv's explore replies ━ it's leaf-bare!

Postby Vivika » Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:03 pm

CAVERNCLAN !!
    x( birdbones archive last post )

If the stars fell, they’d fall like leaf-bare’s first kiss.

They’d fall in a shower of silver dust trailing with whorls and swirls, streaming and flowing like a restless moth, shivering in the brittle frost. But leaf-bare is all encompassing ━ a fine, ivory veil pulled over streams and rivers, tucked between the needles of pines and dusting the cusps of cones. Beautiful, yet forever a barrier for hunting. Especially for hunting.

“Hear that?”

Her mentor’s voice lilted with a quiet melody like the rush of spring brooks freed from winter’s frost. With a little flick of her tail, she gestured her closer, warm nose guiding her gaze. “You see it?”

Under a flat rock, snow trickled off. One heavy sludge, then two. Like the flicker of a distant firefly, a long tail flashed, snaking underneath the outcropping, seeking shelter ━ refuge from the sea of bitter frost surrounding the lone rock. Clawed toes scrabbled against the ice, leaving countless nicks and prints.

“It’s… a lizard.” Her head tilted, curls brushing against her mentor’s side. “Are you gonna catch it?”

Chartreuse eyes caught hers, the touch of blue within, striking under the ashen skies. With a little smile, her mentor steered her closer, tail resting upon her shoulders. “You are.”

“I…”

“Use the world to your advantage. Leaf-bare… it comes with its challenges,” the tail lifted from her shoulders, “but also has its benefits. Go on, give it another go.”

With a soft snort, she shook herself and eased into a crouch, pawsteps gentle against the heavy snow. Take two… this time with a lizard. Her nose wrinkled as the little critter twitched, tail freezing mid-flick, under its rocky perch. Not again.

If it fled, she wouldn’t be able to catch it.

Unless…

She didn’t think ━ couldn’t think. As the lizard darted from underneath the rock, she sprang forward. She slid, paws slipping and skidding against the glossy, silver surface, like a water strider gliding across still waters. With momentum as her guide, she was a bird. A bird flying through frost and ice, wings slicing the gales like blades forged from silver.

Her jaws snapped shut. And this time… snug around a wriggling little critter. (+3FP lizard)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ sorrelstep (0% hunger), sandpelt (0% hunger),
    xxxxx sagefluff (0% hunger), minnowpaw (0% hunger) name (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP lizard
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +76XP → level 1 (114/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby hallowitch » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:46 am

Winterclan
Last Explore Post (N/A) | Last Response Received (N/A)
This is my first explore post so let me know if I did something wrong!! <3

Snow crunched beneath Sagebrush's feet as she wound her way through dense vegetation. Overhead, proud blue pine trees swayed impressively in the crisp breeze. Under each tree was a round patch of brown earth, where the snow hadn't penetrated the dense needles of the pines. It drew to Sage's mind thoughts of her old home, of dens sheltered under craggy rocks. She quickly pushed away thoughts of her old home - there was pain there that she didn't want to needle.

On that chilly breeze, Sagebrush could smell water. She was pleased, as easy access to water was crucial if this place would make a good home. She followed it only a few moments to the edge of a stream, about three cat-lengths wide. It flowed steadily and she didn't want to find out how deep it was. It tasted cool and clean, and its taste filled her heart with gladness. Cozy dens under the pines, a beautiful stream for water, all that was left was to patrol around to look for the scents of prey, predators, and other cats.

Sage was certain, as she made a wide circle around the copse of pines, that she was on the right track. The stream ran a long way, making her believe it would be a good defensive structure, as well as a possible food source. She found a few areas of old fox scent, but nothing indicating recent activity or a permanent den. And if the sounds of birdsong were anything to go by, lots of prey to be had, even in the difficult leaf-bare.

As she trotted across a place where rocks jutted up through the earth, making a fairly tall wall, she thought to herself, I think I've finally found somewhere that works. Sage had been thinking for a while now, on all her journey, about that they would call their clan, their home. There was many old words, and human words, that they quite liked the sound of. Given this place, it's beautiful snow and the tall spruce trees that would shelter her and any others who might come her, she landed on Winterclan. It was a good name.

The rock wall ended, and the breeze picked up. Ahead, a sound made Sagebrush pause. She lifted her nose, and took a deep breath. She thought, What could that be?

[ 390 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Sagebrush | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 0
experience: 0
-- items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
No
-- inventory
N/A
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:05 pm

Scorchclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Note: To avoid confusion, I figured I'd take a sec to explain how I'll do some explore responses! I'm thinking of doing each in a story fashion, switching between character's pov's with each response. I want to tie all the responses together but may switch out some cats and such along the way! Hope it's not too confusing <3

-
Satinwish nudges Marblenose, jolting the tom out of his sleep.
"Come on you sleepy squirrel, the sun's already at the top of the trees!"
Marblenose lets out a yawn, giving Satinwish a sleepy glare.
"It's still rising then, isn't it?" he grumbles, but rises to his paws upon noticing Inkpaw excitedly wiggling around behind her mentor. Satinwish likes to sleep in as much as the next cat, but with his antsy little apprentice eager to become the best warrior she can, well, he had to get up a bit earlier than comfortable. Marblenose can't help but grin at the apprentice, who is quickly growing from that little angry kit he found several moons earlier. Being the only apprentice in the clan could be lonely, but he had to admit that she did have a whole clan of cats at her disposal, happy to take her out hunting and to practice fighting whenever she'd like.

Once Marblenose has given himself a quick groom ("I can't have the prey see me like this!"), the three cats leave camp. Marblenose and Satinwish nod to Acornshine as they leave, and Inkpaw gives the guard a respectful bow. Once out of the camp, Inkpaw becomes more animated, the fresh air and redwood needles soft under her paws making her forget about warrior training and formalities. This is why he takes her out in the early mornings, not so much to hunt but to play, Marblenose realizes as he glances at Satinwish watching his apprentice with a smile. So the perfectionist apprentice can have a chance to feel like the young cat she is. Still, Marblenose wishes she could have another cat her age, an apprentice or kit to play with and allow her to be less uptight.

Inkpaw suddenly crouches, low to the ground with her haunches square above her paws in the perfect hunting crouch. The warriors stand back a bit, watching her with amusement as she shifts back and forth, preparing to pounce. She tenses up then leaps forward, crashing down on a crunchy leaf. It didn't even know what hit it!

Inkpaw holds the leaf up in her mouth, turning back to face the warriors with her eyes black with pupil. Marblenose can't keep it in any longer and lets out a small chuckle he had been trying to stifle.

"You got that leaf!" he says, trying to contain his laughter.
Inkpaw lets it fall from her mouth, frowning. "I was just practicing, I-"
"No, no, that was an amazing pounce Inkpaw! And you should be having fun while learning," he tries to backtrack. The last thing he wants is for her to get so self conscious she stops having fun altogether.
"Besides," Satinwish steps in, rescuing him, "warriors need to have fun to remember what it's like being a kit. That way they'll be able to train apprentices one day!"
Inkpaw seems dubious for a moment, but eventually nods, accepting their reasoning, and turns around to hunt another leaf.

"Thanks," Marblenose says aside to Satinwish while Inkpaw's preoccupied. "I owe you one."
"No problem. You know I've got your back anytime."
Marblenose grins back, and his nose twitches suddenly. An unfamiliar scent makes him stop in his tracks, and moments later it's clear that Inkpaw and Satinwish smell it too. Inkpaw jumps in between the warriors, all three of them making a wall as the scent wafts closer. It's a cat, they can tell, but not one from a clan or group. Only a single scent, void of the mingled scents typical to group cats, fills their noses. A loner perhaps, and up against three clan cats they wouldn't be a major issue if hostile. The clan cats wait as the ferns rustle.

The kittypet leaps into the clearing, not noticing the three cats at first. They attack a leaf just as the apprentice had done, not a care in the world. Their nose finally twitches after several moments and they spot the clan cats.

"Oh, hello there!"
The clan cats just stare in response. This cat is clearly a kittypet, or has just recently left that life for they still reek of another strange scent close up - two-leg.
Satinwish is the first to respond.
"You do realize you're in clan territory, kittypet."
The kittypet smiles. "I'm not a kittypet anymore! I'm actually looking for the flame cats. The ones who walk through fire and can create it? I'm not sure what clan is but maybe you can help me?"
Marblenose glances at the others. This kittypet is looking for them? Why on earth could they be searching for Scorchclan?

"Why are you looking for those cats?" Satinwish asks.
The kittypet's smile widens and they puff out their chest. "I want to join them!"
Marblenose isn't quite sure what to make of this. Sure, rogues have joined Scorchclan, but mainly the ones who lived nearby the territory and had some experience surviving in these woods. No kittypets have joined, and he isn't sure if one who's almost as old as a warrior would even be able to learn the needed skills.

"Should we take them to see Petalscorch?" The question comes from Inkpaw, mirroring the conclusion Marblenose had also come to. Satinwish regards Inkpaw thoughtfully.
"Yes," he finally says, "I think that would best."

They look back to the kittypet, who has been patiently awaiting the consensus.
"We might be able to help you," Satinwish says, "if you accompany us back to camp."
The kittypet bounces toward them, seeming very glad to oblige. "Ok!"

With the new cat in tow, Marblenose thinks to himself that this little patrol went a lot different than expected. And they're only partway through their journey. I wonder what could possibly happen on the way back? he muses.

[ 962 words ]

--cats on patrol
Caramel (will be Crisppaw/Crispleaf) | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Marblenose | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Satinwish | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Inkpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 80/100

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
mouse | 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

lovage | x1
poppy seed | x1
herb | x0
--items in inventory used
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0167.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:07 am

GLADEWOOD !!
    x( adamented archive last post )

He was in a vortex.

A vortex of frost and ice, the gales a lifeless song in his ears, the snow like a blinding sheet of ivory, pulling a veil over his eyes. And the frost never ceased its bitter vengeance, biting at the soft space between his toes, hell-bent on stealing the little warmth that fizzled within.

Head bowed, he trudged on, paws shuffling through the thick slush. His breath spiralled, a hazy, silver whorl, from his jaws as he huffed. He hated this season. Despised it. Even more than how the frost shunned the flame, curling its brittle lips in disgust at the warmth. He stamped his paws upon the ivory snow.

And paused.

There was just… something about snow. Beyond the cold and the howling winds, a charm lingered. It lingered like the feathers of a little dove, cooing in gentle tones. Snow was… pure. A free, unabashed innocence freckling the grounds, the hill and the trees. Like a little kit, it hid nothing. Especially not the brazen crimson stains from a fallen creature.

He inched closer, ducking beneath the teetering blades of frost clinking underneath a tree.

Under the tree’s fickle shade, a tiny creature rested, frozen and pale against the frost gathered around. Against the ashen skies, its translucence dulled, a mere, dwindling luster. Muted leaves and squashed fruit surrounded the lifeless being, along with the already fading slashes scoring the snow. (+1FP glass frog, +1 elder leaves, +1 juniper berries, +1 lovage)

His brows furrowed, heart a dull beat, rocking in his chest.

Another had killed the little frog. But whoever it was… had long since left, abandoning both prey and herbs.
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ harja (0% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+1XP for prey, +3XP for herbs

xx+1FP glass frog
    xx+1 elder leaves, +1 juniper berries, +1 lovage

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +44XP → level 0 (44/100XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, welcome to explore! your explore post was such a delight to read, ahh! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0168.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:14 pm

WINTERCLAN !!
    x( hallowitch archive last post )

Like castles of bronze sand tousled by the winds, the rocky ledge crumbled.

In the distance, a trickle of pebbles and stones splintered off the edge, fragments of sienna and silver plunging to the dusting of snow below. The jagged tips bounced off the planes of the walls, sharp edges glinting under the light.

It didn’t shake her.

Despite the weathered destruction, an allure just… cloaked this place. And it hung from every sweet pine bough, flowing with the swish of the streams and lingering in the coziness of snug dens. Even the wall, eroded as it was, boasted of something proud and regal. And each stone stacked in varying layers of rouge and chestnut freckled with gold spoke to her ━ a story without words. Perhaps… a story asking to be written.

Pawsteps careful, she ambled close, pinpointing the source of the commotion. The earth beneath her paws remained steady, a sign of safety. No quakes shook the ground… so the issue originated from above.

A flicker.
    Then another.
    And yet another.

All over the stone wall, little bugs crawled, a pale nest of muted colors alive under the glow of daylight. An orchestra of chirps and croaks arose as they hopped, leaping from crevice to crevice, burrowing between the cracks, dodging the odd leaf and berry falling from above. Their little leaps blended, perfectly in tandem, to the falling stones.

Under the gently drifting flakes of ivory, her paw eased up, claws unfurling one by one. Poised to capture the little hopping insects. And the tiny leaves they uncovered from above. (+1FP bugs, +1 deadly nightshade, +1 watermint)
    xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ sagebrush (0% hunger)

xxxx↳ +25XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+1XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xx+1FP bugs
    xx+1 deadly nightshade, +1 watermint

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +38XP → level 0 (38/100XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a, welcome to explore!! everything looks perfect on your end
    ─ if you have any questions at all, my dms/pms are always open! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hallowitch » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:13 am

Winterclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

As Sagebrush gathered the items she'd found, carefully as to not crush anything, she slunk into the spruce stand. All the trees were of similar size and age, with some variation, but the center-most trees were the largest. Their thick trunks and sturdy bows made for a rather large area underneath, where one could remain well hidden, but also were easily accessible. Sagebrush dug two shallow holes at either side of one of the largest trucks, and in the cool dirt she deposited her findings, herbs in one and the slightly-crunched beetles in the others. This would do well, for now. If more came, of course they would have to construct something a little more permanent.

Look at you, she thought to herself, Making future plans.

She didn't want to be presumptuous. She didn't want to get her hopes up. But this place...it was good. It was safe. It could be home. Not just for her, but for many others as well.

Now that she'd gathered a few things, her mind started to wander to what else she needed to do to make this place livable. Maybe even comfortable. Given that it was well into the afternoon now, and the sun would be dipping low soon, she considered that she'd want to make herself a comfortable place to sleep for the foreseeable future. But not under this tree - the tree with the storage. She went to the next one, then the next one. Still well inside the copse but not the direct middle. This tree was smaller, more crooked. The branches dipped low around it, as if bowing. The barely let an any light, and it felt like a cave. A glorious, pine-scented cave.

Sage spent a few minutes digging. She pushed the dirt away from the trunk so that it made a wall. Then she did a bit of grooming, pulling loose hair from her chest and belly and pressing it into the dirt, giving the wall some structure and making it feel a little homier. Then, she left the copse again.

Since the stream ran from west to north, she went south this time, which was kind of the way she'd originally been travelling. There were normal trees here, not just pine, and so she was able to sort through the leaflitter for some still-red leaves, soft and not yet brittle. She carried them, along with some soft bark she shredded off the trees, toward the spruce copse. The sun had almost disappeared now. She'd get to see what night looked like in her new haven, her new Winterclan. She hoped it would be kind.

[ 437 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Sagebrush | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
N/A
-- level 0
experience: 38
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
bugs | 1 FP | x1

deadly nightshade | x1
watermint | x1
hallowitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adamented » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:03 am

┌────────────┐
[x]
Gladewood

last post // last reply
[x]
xxxxxxxxx[x]

credits,, [x][x]
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Image Patrolxxxxx
xxxxxMembers
Harja [x]
he/him | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N
Leijona [x]
she/her | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N

Image Activexxxxx
xxxxxQuests
-
Image Itemxxxxx
xxxxxUses
-
Image Inventory
prey
grass frog [1FP] // x1
herbs
elder leaves // x1
juniper berries // x1
lovage // x1

Image Experience
[44/100 XP]
level 0

└────────────┘

Exploration #02
[x]

Death // Custom Prey // Level
No
xx.xxxxxx [x] xxxxxxxxx 0x

The forest was especially quiet that day. On the outskirts of the glade, the Wanderers rest in silence under the thick cover of winter brush. The heavy emerald green leaves hung in the faces of the Wanderers, a hush had settled between them all as it always does. Moments to relax and breathe were few and far between, they only took pause when it was absolutely necessary. Especially in the winter, it was important to keep moving, to teach their young not to get too comfortable in one place during the coldest of times. They needed the Gladerunners to serve this way in order to keep them alive, well, to get them where they needed to go with the least resistance in the least amount of time, to limit exposure and to build their strength in bond. There was always a chance they didn't all make it, but it was the Gladerunners' jobs to make sure there weren't many obstacles.

"You have to keep pushing forward, keep the other Wanderers moving and make sure not to lose anyone. Keep them from lagging behind. Leijona looked back to Harja, her odd colored eyes focussed intently on his, icy blue and squinted against the wind. Her striped and blotched main of sandy golden cream and a sweet cocoa brown framed her pale rosette spotted chest and glowing orange face like a halo, marred only by the snow and a few menacing scars across the right of her maw reaching up to her left eye. Leijona stood out in this kind of weather worse than Harja did and many of the other Gladerunners and Gladehunters. Stepping up to the plate as once a Gladehunter and now a Gladerunner was a huge responsibility for him, he took it very seriously. She had trained him to hunt, to seek, to breathe in all the wonders of the world from the spring wildflowers and the fragrant fields of green, even to accept the fate of great horrors such as unexpected floods, large predators, and unforeseen challenges.

Now, Harja would be relied on in a new way as a Gladerunner, not just an opportunity hunter among the Wanderers burying their scraps and picking up their leftovers, warming the kittens during mealtimes and stocking up during the Autumn moons when the prey was still plentiful but slowly dwindling. Leijona would need him to rise to be more, to serve his found family in all those ways and then some. He would need to herd even the slowest kittens and bring them to pace or carry them if he couldn't. He would need to push, no matter how the others pushed back. It was a matter of life or death. "As long as you keep the blood moving in your body you can keep yourself warm, generate your own heat. The youngest and stubbornest of them won't understand it, they won't accept it. You'll have to provide for them with your own heat in the worst of times, that means you need to get used to being tired."

It was a regular practice, to sprint around the group, nudging everyone closer and closer as they moved. A heavy, trudging stride through the snowbanks. Harja could feel his lungs still burning after the trek these past few days, his whole body ached from the bite of cold at his nose to the stiffness in his tail tip. The cracking in his paw pads, soft from the wet ground, was the worst of it. Often Harja felt like he could just stumble to the ground and let the warmth trickle away from his chest, become one with the frozen stones buried under a sea of fluffy, innocent white. Disappear like a ghost into the surroundings, one with the Glade and the Gladewood that surrounded it. "We have no room here for weak mentalities," She had reminded him, without words, just an intense glare of eyes that had seen so much before him. She was 24 moons older than he was, though she didn't look a single sun passing older than him. Leijona's body was strong and her spirit stronger, she had put her whole life into this secluded little world that they lived in.

They were all trapped in the cycle of day in and day out, they could forget the natural ways of life outside of themselves. From the wisest of the elden to the most naive of their newborns, their every folly was shared. Leijona could see that here, under the most rare moment of reprieve, the pressure was closing in on Harja. She could see it in the way he trembled intensely under his thinner coat, his tail low and twitching. There was a dip to his head and his shoulders, a sway to his gate, it was his breaking point. This was the place she meant to push him, watching so carefully to catch the moment. She had told him before their first journey together with his new denotation, he had absorbed all of Leijona's careful instructions and guidance, he had heeded the words and the desires of the Guidinglights they served. Now, she was pressing him further by allowing him to have a moment to calm. It could crush him, the sweet seconds of safety and warmth and stability, but more importantly, having it taken away when she pressed him to push onward again.

It was cruel. Leijona had long known the cruelty of a haven ripped away from waiting and begging claws, empathy filled her heart and only hardened her resolve. She couldn't allow herself to grow soft and allow him to slip, to give him pity would be an insult and to reassure him would be too kind. She just had to wait, as her mentor had done for her, to observe if Harja could keep up with the others of his rank. If he would drag them down, he would be a better use as a Gladehunter, providing for the rest. However, if he flourished here and persevered then he would make her proud as a Gladerunner. A position with so much responsibility, the safety and stability of the Wanderers would be in his paws if he succeeded, she knew that genetically he was blessed to blend so well in the colder moons. That coat of ivory and of stone, limbs rippled like waves and keen frosty blue eyes, thick furred shoulders that would keep him sheltered from the winds and rain and cold that came from above and protected him from the talons of predators of the sky. It was admirable and a quality she envied, to be so well camouflaged. Her own scarred and blotched pelt gave her away fiercely in such a terrible season, only serving her during the late Summer and Autumn.

Harja would rise to the occasion, however. He would serve the Wanderers as he always had, then he would exceed all they ever asked from him as he had dreamed since finding his new family. This precious home, upheld by the wandering hearts, shared in the warmth of their huddles in moments like this. At this point, Harja's body is too cold to comfort the dams and the kittens they lord over. He almost gave in and collapsed at the first hint of settling for the night. Leijona's watchful eyes, however, kept him afloat. Instead, he shuffled his feet under himself, to keep the blood flowing as she directed. He flexed toes and claws into the snow, into the dead grass, and the mud below. He cleared away the mess to the dry earth below, where he could find relief, a brief respite. Burning dug into him, radiating up his forelegs as the mud sunk deeper into his torn paws. He knew when that mud dried it would provide him a barrier for only a small while. But it was something, a consolation to his struggle, a tiny reward for how far he's come. Harja knew this was all a test.

He wouldn't disappoint her, his overseer. In his eyes, even she could see, past the exhaustion and the pain, a determination. She wouldn't be disappointed. It was only for a few hours, when the youngest and most fragile had caught their breath, before her rich mahogany toned voice reached his tender, wind blown ears again.

"Onward now. If we make good time, it will only be a few more sun passing before we've found shelter for the solstice."

[ 1,412 words ]
Last edited by Adamented on Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
          AdamAddie
          he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
          [ MY STUFF ]
          ImageImageImage
          discord: @adamented

[ LINKS ]
          ImageImage
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0169.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:50 pm

SCORCHCLAN !!
    x( chanceuxcat archive last post )

A chime wove through the trees, the call of a songbird lost in song. Through the boughs of emerald needles and the knobby pillar of russet and sequoia, its melody flowed, cascading, like an undulating ribbon of gold… wrapping around a newfound duo.

The kittypet pranced, clumsy paws leaping at leaves and snapping twigs, gold-russet curls a wild, wild mess. Their smile glowed, whiskers twitching to their bubbling chatter. They nudged the frowning apprentice next to them. “… oh! Who’s petalscorch? You mentioned the name earlier. I bet they’re important━”

“Woah, easy there.” Marblenose tilted his head, the fringes of a smile gathering. His tail flicked, settling on the kittypet’s shoulder. “We still got a ways back to camp and I wouldn’t want you to wear yourself out before then. Try and keep an eye out for any━”

“Bird!”

The kittypet reared on their hindlegs, paws tossed in the air, claws a frantic glimmer in the sun. Missing.

His paws moved, swiveling. He darted, instinct like a streak of lightning seeking the tallest point to descend, deeper than the scarlet pulsing within his heart and marrow. With a grunt, he touched off, pushing from a fallen log, arching towards the skies.

A bundle of freckled sienna met him, feathers a wild frenzy, eyes darker than tar. The bird squawked. Speckled wings a frantic blur, it veered sharply.

But too late.

His jaws clamped around the freckled bird, pulling it down. A loose violet blossom fell from its gaping beak as it slammed down, along with a little charm. The trinket was dulled, a sticky layer swallowing it whole… akin to the silver threads of a spider’s delicate silk. (+4FP bird, +1 catmint, +1 star’s greetings ━ starclan line edit!)

Marblenose’s head lifted to the whistle of hushed voices.

The kittypet’s eyes widened, a broad grin splitting their cheeks. “How’d you do that? You just… jumped!

“Well…” He chuckled, jaws parted… but paused.

New scents rushed at him. Foreign. And close. His gaze roamed, scanning the treeline, past the whirlwind of needles, brush and redwoods. But the stranger’s gaze found his first.

His shoulders tensed, tail flicking a quick, sharp signal to the patrol. Halt.

They were like a redwood tree. The very essence of one. Tall and long-limbed, they wove easily through the trees, cinnamon curls almost a seamless blend to the sequoia whorls carved into the towering trunks surrounding them. The only giveaway: their eyes. Gold and sun-kissed, warm with the mirth of a thousand suns.

Their easy, lopsided smile was disarming, hearty and cordial.

“Hey fellas! Fancy seeing company around here.” A light twang tapered at the ends of their voice, accompanied by a little wink. “The name’s Fennel. And… I require a little favor of sorts.”

He blinked. “A favor?”

“Why yes!” A grin touched the edges of their muzzle. “It’d be a trade…”

Fennel (an npc) has appeared! They've proposed a trade and require 2FP in exchange
    for something of theirs! Does the patrol aid them or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ caramel (0% hunger), marblenose (0% hunger),
    xxxxx satinwish (0% hunger), inkpaw (0% hunger) name (00% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +110XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+8XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +2XP for item

xx+4FP bird
    xx+1 catmint

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 star's greetings (starclan lines edit item! <3)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +142XP → level 0 (222/100XP) → level 1 (122/200XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (of your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: ahh, hello! this interaction was an absolute treat to read!! <33

just a little note! back in september, the explore code was updated in this annoucement ─ there were a few little things added to the code that really streamlines things for writers! ^^ if you could use the updated code in your next explore post(s), that would be really appreciated! if it helps, the additions are: pronouns for your patrol kitties, link to your death opt-in + a link to your custom predator/prey list (if any)! <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:57 am

[url=link]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url=link]Last Response Received[/url]
-- first post, above do not apply yet

Smokestar's whiskers trembled as he padded along the edge of the forest. Starclan had opted to save him, and they had told him of his destiny. But it was a terrifying thought. He fluffed out his fur, trying to calm his nerves. Taking a deep breath, he carefully continued through the new terrain. He had never ventured to this part of the island, and he needed to learn it. Knowing his new home could make the difference between life and death for the unseeing leader, although Starclan had promised to guide his paws. Of course, he wasn't sure how much he quite trusted their words, but they had saved his life. So he supposed to was indebted.

Smokestar's claws flexed as he felt the change from forest edge to a rocky field. The prophecy his ancestors had given was startlingly clear, especially compared to the mysterious words they spoke to Shoreclan's medicine cats. Briefly, he wondered if Hickorymoon might be one of the cats that would join him. If it wasn't too late for her, Shellstar kept a firm grip on his healers and spoke his poisoned words more heavily at them.

No, he couldn't count on any healers to come from Shoreclan, but some cats would join him someday. Smokestar's whiskers brushed against a large smooth surface, and he carefully paused, dragging his thoughts back to the present. Carefully lifting one paw to brush against it, Smokestar determined that it was simply a large rock. Mentally reviewing his pathing, he realized that he must be upon the Stone Barrier, a great wall of rocks that marked one edge of Shoreclan's territory, and kept the rogues from trespassing.

He shuddered, and quickly turned around. He couldn't afford to be caught so soon after his supposed death, there was too much at risk, too much promised to him, to throw it all away.

So instead, Smokestar turned, and began to pad back towards his new territory, to explore more of the forest, beaches, and stony plains that made up his half of the island.

[ 343 words ]
Shoreclan is an npc clan created for cause of conflict/plot, don't mind them hhajksdhfk

01 cats on patrol
Smokestar | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- level 0
experience: 0
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
none
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0170.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:35 pm

WINTERCLAN !!
    x( hallowitch archive last post )

The fragrance of pine and spruce imbued the night, a sweet, lingering aroma, whispering fragile promises. Shadows and silhouettes danced, little dark creatures frolicking under the fickle light. And if the moon smiled silver, tonight, her heart would be at ease.

But the moon was bathed in crimson; a harsh-lined smirk tainted with the scarlet of squashed chokeberries.

The snap of a twig crackled.

Tensing, she swiveled about, gaze searching. Past the dancing shadows and the fickle, flickering light, past the pines, the storage tree… her make-shift den━

She wasn’t alone.

Under the bough of a dozen bowing branches… a stranger. Cloaked in the same colors of the red moon. Surrounded by a nest of branches, their russet curls shone, the lines of their jaw contrasted by the low light, shoulders held with a gentle confidence. They paced a circle, then paused. Their gaze found hers, a warm gold.

“Hey, lass.” A lop-sided grin lifted the ends of their muzzle as they pushed a little wrapped bundle forward. “The name’s Fennel. I apologize for the intrusion… but I mean you no harm.”

Hesitantly, she accepted the small, wrapped bundle. Her jaws gently undid the loose twine, paws lifting the frayed edges of the dried leaf. Inside… scraps. Dried meat. (+1FP scraps)

“I-thank you.” She cleared her throat. “Why are you here?”

“I’m looking for a friend.” The stranger lifted their head, smile soft. “A dear friend of mine. She’s a wanderer of sorts,” a little chuckle flowed from their chest, “brave, dauntless and utterly reckless. But this time, I fear she’s gone too far.”

Smile faltering, they shifted on their paws. “I hear rumors she may be around here somewhere. If you’re willing, would you… help me find her?”

Fennel (an npc) requests the patrol's assistance! They are looking for a friend of theirs, rumored
    to have passed by. Does the patrol agree to aid them or turn them down?

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ sagebrush (0% hunger)

xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +1XP for prey

xx+1FP scraps
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +41XP → level 0 (79/100XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me