Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sleepy Hollow Percherons by sleepyDandy

Based on Click to view
Artist sleepyDandy [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sleepy Hollow Percherons

Postby sleepyDandy » Thu May 26, 2022 1:13 pm

thank you so much rebelappy for bringing these guys to life

home • breedingcustomsauctionsshop
discordarchiveartist searchgenetic guide

Percherons are a breed of draft horse that originated in the Huisne river valley in western France, most commonly seen in a black or grey color. They are well muscled, and known for their intelligence and willingness to work, as well as being generally peaceful creatures that are lovable and easy to train. They're seen between 15 and 19 hands high, and 1,900 to 2,600 pounds. Percherons were originally bred for use as war horses, but over time, they began to be used for pulling stagecoaches and later for agriculture and hauling heavy goods. They have been crossed with several light horse breeds, such as Arabians, to produce horses for range work and competition, but are still used for forestry work and pulling carriages.

Sleepy Hollow Percherons originates from the northern midwest United States, home to many varieties of horse from many different backgrounds of work; working as police mounts in Australia to forestry and farm work in Great Britain, parades, sleigh rides and hayrides around the world, and competing in various classes such as dressage and classic cart. Sleepy Hollow Percherons can very commonly seen in equine therapy and beginner riding lessons as well due to their gentle, relaxed behavior.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmember and staff rules
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxstaff team
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsleepy hollow shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxevents
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxchangelog
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons - Rules

i. All CS rules apply within the on-site community and Discord server.

ii. Off-site storage pages on weebly and Toyhouse are allowed, but you must have a link back to the original species on CS. In order to breed your SH Percherons, you must have all the necessary information listed for each horse (genetics and phenotype, breeding slots, etc.) in order to complete an accurate and fair breeding.

iii. Sleepy Hollow Percherons are a closed species, meaning only authorized artists are allowed to create, edit, and breed adopts. If posted off-site, you must link any SH Percheron adopt back to their original CS page.

iv. Do not bump adoption posts if the artist has not judged the raffle once the end date is met. However, if a raffle has not been judged within 30 days of post date, please DM sleepyDandy and they will decide how to move on with the adopt.

v. Should a member decide to sell or trade their SH Percheron with another member within the community, both users must post on the original adoption page showing consent to the sale or trade. Along with this, the seller or gifter of the Percheron must post on the Transfer Archive using the appropriate form.
Posts can look like this:
Seller: "Selling [adopt name] to [Buyer]."
Buyer: "Claiming! [new name]"

Changing a newly acquired adopt's name is not required,
but must be recorded on the original Percheron's page in order to maintain an organized archive and to avoid future confusion of ownership.

vi. Custom Percherons can be priced in accordance to artists' discretion, but must not exceed 500c$ unless multiple horses are ordered. SH Percherons is a non-profit species and should not be used as a source of income.

i. Full-time artists are required to make at least two adopts per month. If this isn't able to be met for any reason, please be sure to let sleepyDandy know beforehand.

ii. To ensure an equal chance at winning SH Percherons for every member, please allow yourself one adopt between custom orders. This goes for personal customs as well.

iii. You do not have to be deeply knowledgeable with genetics to be a part of our team! Should you find yourself confused or unsure, don't be afraid to ask. Do try to keep genetics as accurate as possible, however.

iv. Artists are allowed one personal custom SH Percheron per month, with a 5-day grace period both before and after the turn of the month.

v. Breeding artists are only allowed to participate in breedings, whereas full-time artists are allowed to participate in all forms of adopt.

Should any SH Percheron rule be broken, please contact sleepyDandy directly via DM over CS or Discord. If punishment is deemed necessary, each situation will be handled individually. We do not have a set list of punishment and consequences.

for artists' use only

Code: Select all
[size=85][center][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4741435#p138572361]home[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4741521]breeding[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4741535]customs[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4741536]auctions[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4741435&p=138572374#p138572374]shop[/url]
[url=https://discord.gg/drdPPUMSmR]discord[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4741547]archive[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=4741534]artist search[/url] • [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4741568]genetic guide[/url]

[quote]Percherons are a breed of draft horse that originated in the Huisne river valley in western France, most commonly seen in a black or grey color. They are well muscled, and known for their intelligence and willingness to work, as well as being generally peaceful creatures that are lovable and easy to train. They're seen between 15 and 19 hands high, and 1,900 to 2,600 pounds. Percherons were originally bred for use as war horses, but over time, they began to be used for pulling stagecoaches and later for agriculture and hauling heavy goods. They have been crossed with several light horse breeds, such as Arabians, to produce horses for range work and competition, but are still used for forestry work and pulling carriages.

Sleepy Hollow Percherons originates from the northern midwest United States, home to many varieties of horse from many different backgrounds of work; working as police mounts in Australia to forestry and farm work in Great Britain, parades, sleigh rides and hayrides around the world, and competing in various classes such as dressage and classic cart. Sleepy Hollow Percherons can very commonly seen in equine therapy and beginner riding lessons as well due to their gentle, relaxed behavior.[/quote][/center]

raffle information
[b]End Date:[/b]

[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
[b]Genotype:[/b]

[code][b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/code][/size]

top of page
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 10 times in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons - Staff & Affiliates

available positions:
nothing for now!

owner
sleepyDandy

artists

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

ghost artists
Image Image Image

ImageImage
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 15 times in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons - Shop

Postby sleepyDandy » Thu May 26, 2022 1:14 pm

more info to come in the future
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Thu May 26, 2022 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons - Events

none right now! check back later
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Thu May 26, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sleepy Hollow Percherons - Changelog

[5.26.2022]
    • Sleepy Hollow Percherons were officially created
    • Sleepy Hollow Percherons official Discord server was created
    • Welcomed Doctor Strange, paradise, HowlingHooves, and orse as artists, welcoming rebelappy onto the team as a ghost artist <3
    • Created all main pages for different information (archives, etc.)
    • First SH Percheron was made

[5.27.2022]
    • Welcomed Phönixfeder2000 and peppster as ghost artists <3
    • Rough draft rarity guide now available

[6.1.2022]
    • First Pride month! Hello rainbow babies <3

[6.4.2022]
    • We hit 25 total adopts, as well as 3 staff customs!
    • Welcome little_light and horselover1978 as artists <3

[6.7.2022]
    • Breeding opened
    • Customs opened

[7.23.2022]
    • We hit 50 total adopts! SHP #050 here

[8.11.2022]
    • Welcome Mister Hollow as an artist <3

[10.8.2022]
    • Some links have been edited to direct you to the correct location!
    • Our current affiliate species have been linked below the staff page
    • Our Auctions page has been updated with rules & guidelines
    • Welcome Folmes and ♥ soft as artists <3
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sleepy Hollow - WIP

res, just in case
sleepyDandy