Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby phantom-chain » Sat May 22, 2021 10:47 am

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

The medicine cat shifted the small stones around her paws. A piece of smoky quartz represents herself, and a piece of Aventurine, a good luck symbol. She moved them closer to the opening of her den, letting the sun's light bounce off of the stones. She narrowed her eyes, watching the way the clean light of the quartz hit the Adventurine. The fade from the black to clear was nearly perfect, with no spots. And the Adventurine showed no dark shadows on it. She let out a long sigh of relief. A good signs. She picked up the rocks and ticked them back in a cool crevice in her den. She padded out to the mouth of the cave.
Casting a long shadow was Cavestar. He had his eyes closed, focused on the sound of the wind. When he heard pawsteps behind him, he turned and nodded to the medicine cat.
Smokyquartz stepped out of the cave, the orange evening lighting up the cave in an array of colors. Cavestar followed the molly and sighed, "It's been a quiet Greenleaf. Just you and me for a bit of it. I'm not surprised by the lack of cats. Not everyone can live in the mountains. It is quite dangerous."
Smokyquartz hummed, turning to face the well-worn slope that leads down the mountain, "It's been fun, though. Don't worry so much, Cave." The black molly smiled and bumped the shorter leader with her side.
Cavestar rolled his eyes, "Yea, yea, I know. You tell me all the time, Smoky. But I know you worry too. Don't think that your pawsteps don't echo."
The molly's eyes widened and she shook her head quickly, picking up the pace, "Let's just start looking for prey and herbs. The stones held good signs for us. What about yours?"
"I covered my den in Rhodonite in hopes of being better at communication. Scolecite as well. I haven't really received anything other than the usual wishes from StarClan."
"Have you tried using Sugilite?"
"Not yet. I might take you up on that. Do you have some?"
"Of course I do. You know I hoard these things like wild."
Cavestar snorted, quirking a small smile, "Yes, I have seen the collection. I used to think I loved rocks more than anything in the world. Apparently not. You might love them more than me."
Smoky pushed him gently, causing Cavestar to take a pawstep over, fumbling on his paws with a laugh. He headbutted her shoulder gently as the two headed east, towards the river.
[ 425 words ]

--cats on patrol
Cavestar| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Smokyquartz| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 44

--inventory
Prey
Rabbit scraps -- 1 fp[01]
Herbs
Catmint -- cure greencough or whitecough[01]
Coltsfoot -- trouble of breathing, cough, cracked or sore pads[01]
Willow Leaves -- eases stomach pain or sickness[01]
--items in inventory used
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Wild dogs, Venomous Snakes (Common)
Bears, Lynxes (Uncommon)
Weasels, Minks, Mountain Lions, Cougars, Hawks (Rare)
Boars, Eagles, Wolves (Ultra Rare)
Last edited by phantom-chain on Sat May 22, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
phantom-chain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Sat May 22, 2021 10:51 am

SilentMelody wrote:Shoreclan

with their ears perked and eyes alert, the group of cats made their way through shoreclan's territory. tempestsplash, who had been assigned to lead the patrol, was slightly ahead, though the rest of the patrol tailed closely behind. fortunately for them, the fox, or any other predator for that matter, didn't seem to make an appearance. the clan wasn't too keen on dealing with that kind of problem right now, especially with their deupty absent. it would be for the best for them to focus on much more important things, such as gathering food and herbs for the clan.

it wasn't long before a nearby rabbit caught the attention of tempestsplash, whose keen eyes were quick to notice it partially concealed behind some ferns. the molly made sure to watch where she stepped as she crept forward, careful as to not make a sound. when she was able to get a clear view of the rabbit, tempestsplash launched herself forward, her gaze fixated on the creature as she pounced. the rabbit's eyes widened, and it turned tk dart away from the molly's grasp. tempestsplash sprinted after the creature, and within a few moments, the creature lay limply at her front paws. (+4fp, +4xp)

tigershine lifted his nose into the air, and paused in his tracks upon catching the fresh scent of a shrew. after muttering a quick, "be back in a moment", the tom stepped away from the others to stalk the creature, disappearing behind some large bushes. he returned only a few minutes later, this time with a plump shrew dangling limply from his teeth. (+2fp, +2xp)
as he turned away to rejoin the others, he managed to spot a single herb peeking under some pebbles. he decided to take that along with him, too, as it never hurt to have a few more herbs to supply the clan's healer. (+1 wild garlic)

+30xp for 480 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger (-10% for tempestsplash)

total :

+47xp | +10% hunger | +1 wild garlic | +4fp (rabbit), +2fp (shrew) | level 3 (253/400)

alaska wrote:honeyclan

honeystar crept through the meadowy fields, her head lifted slightly as she scented the air. as she was still getting better situated with the area around her, the molly made sure to memorize as much she could of her new clan's territory. fortunately, the weather was mild, and hopefully the day would bring abundant prey along with it. after all, she'd need to keep her energy up if she were to start up a clan of her own. some herbs would be nice, too, if she could manage to get her paws on a few.

the soft crunch of some leaves nearby caused honeystar's ears to perk, and she quickly whipped her head around to face the source of the sound. her eyes fell upon the small figure of a mouse, which was nosing its way through the underbrush in a nearby clearing. eager to seize the opportunity of catching a meal, she crouched down, stepping forward as softly as she pursued the creature. honeystar had hunted hunted countless times, hadn't she? she knew exactly what to do. once she had managed to inch close enough to pounce, honeystar paused for a moment to adjust her footing before springing forward, her claws outstretched.
aha! she managed to the mouse under her two front paws, and after giving a swift bite to its neck, lay limply in front of her. perhaps honeystar may have been able to catch larger prey elsewhere, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to venture deeper into the woods just yet. besides, the mouse would be more than enough to last her through the day. (+2fp, +2xp)

as the molly continued her search, she discovered a couple herbs poking out from the ground. honeystar knew that herbs were always good to have in stock, especially during the harsher months, and decided that it would be good to bring them along with her. making sure to be as gentle as she could, she picked the two thin, leafy stalks with her teeth before continuing on. (+1 rush, +1 catchweed)

+15xp for 142 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+29xp | 0% hunger | +1 rush, +1 catchweed | +2fp (mouse) | level 0 (29/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Sat May 22, 2021 1:33 pm

+20XP for 215 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger [2 Free Post Left]

Nightstar used what he could to create a makeshift den. Using moss, leaves and a few sticks, it wasn't looking so bad. He didn't realize how dark it had become, after doing all this work. The day had went by fast. He looked up at the stars.
"Starclan, give me strength." he muttered. He went inside his den, laid down on the nest, and slept.

That next morning, Nightstar woke up early. If he was going to start a clan, he had to do as much work as he could. He started of his day by sipping some water from a puddle, and went on a walk. Looking for any resources that would be helpful, or help feed his stomach.
The forest was dense. It was a little difficult to distinguish all the scents, but one did stand out. It smelled a bit like prey, but a little stale. He followed the scent until he arrived at the source, a half eaten mouse. It was only there for a couple days it smelled like, and was the only food that he could smell. He begrudgingly took and it set out for home.
My first patrol in my new home. Some forest this is. He scoffed.
Well, here's hoping for better luck later on.
+1FP, +1 Scrap, +1XP

Totals

+31XP | +1FP [Scrap] | Level 0 (31/100)

+15XP for 102 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger [1 Free Post left]

Opaltuft and Riverpatch ran through the hills, laughing as they went. They kept running until Riverpatch heard a noise.
"Opaltuft, wait! Listen..."
Riverpatch pressed his ear to the ground.
"Uh, what are you doing?" Opaltuft asked. She gave him a perplexed look.
"I'm listening, I'm sure I heard tiny steps."
Opaltuft tilted her head in confusion then sat to press her ear against the ground.
"Oh, I do hear it!"
The pair followed the sounds, until they saw a hole in a ground.
"I bet it's in here. Why don't we lay bait and see if it comes out?"
Opaltuft nodded and went to look for something to lure out the creature walking under the dirt. Opaltuft returned with a berry, and left it outside the hole. The waiting in a bush nearby, ready to pounce. Luckily for them, the creature fell for it. They raced out, and pounced on it, securing a meal for them both.
+2FP, +1 Vole, +2XP

After making the kill, they store it under a few leaves, and continue searching. To their luck, there is a fresh patch of herbs. They walk up, making their selves useful and start picking them up.
+1 Hawkweed +1 Rush +1 Chickweed, +3XP

After catching the prey, they both caught the scent of a badger. Do they pursue it?

Totals

+30XP | +2FP [Vole] | +1 Hawkweed +1 Rush +1 Chickweed | Level 0 (47/100)

ImageImageImage

+30XP for 425 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger [1 Free Post Left]

Cavestar and Smokyquartz walk towards the Cruel River. It was a lovely day, and the forest was teeming with life. The pair walked closely, keeping their senses alert for prey. Cavestar lifted his tail, signaling for them to stop. He swished his tail left. To the left he could smell prey, a flying squirrel. They followed the scent, and there it was, up a tree. Cavestar stepped up, and began climbing quietly.
He reached a branch, and pounced on the squirrel, and then biting it to keep his balance. He then proceeded to climb down with the kill.
+2FP, +1 Flying Squirrel, +2XP

They continued walking, chatting as they did, then Smokyquartz stopped.
"Do you smell that, Cavestar?"
Cavestar froze. "Dog."
He frowned. Dogs weren't very friendly.
"Should..." She paused. "What if it doesn't leave? Should we go after it?"

Do they pursue the smell?

Totals

+42XP | +2FP [Flying Squirrel] | Level 0 (86/100)
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

MistClan
OpalTuft scented the badger and froze, she and Riverpatch quickly picked up their prey and hurried back to the camp. As they arrived to the camp at a long sprint ThornTuft and Echostar looked at them tilting their heads worried on why the 2 warriors were running so fast. "whats wrong?" Echostar asked concerned
"Badger- territory-" Opaltuft said taking breaths in between each word, Echostars gaze grew concerned
"thank you OpalTuft and Riverpatch for coming back, we will attempt to chase it away so it doesn't get to comfortable here"
Riverpatch nodded swiftly "From the scent it smelled like it had just gotten here" He chirped in swiftly trying to help what was going on even though, he, himself was still very dazed by the smell of the badger. ThornTuft twitched his tail "we better do something soon before it hunts all the prey on the territory" He said his gaze flicking from each cat.
The next morning
All four cats were getting ready to leave to find the badger. Echostar was hoping by now it had left the territory by now. She stared at the warriors and let out a sigh "lets go see" she said calmly even though she was very nervous
[ 204 words ]

--cats on patrol
EchoStar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
OpalTuft | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
ThornTuft | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick:N RiverPatch | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 47

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
Fish | 2 FP | x1
Vole | 2 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

Hawkweed| 1 | x1
Rush | 1 | x1
Chickweed | 1 | x1
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
--predators:
predator #1
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4

let me know if I did the herbs wrong
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sat May 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Second explore post

It was yet another early morning at Secret Haven and the 4 felines had awoken not long to start their day. Their kittens are still fast asleep but their apprentice, Kayda is awake with them.

“Calypso will scout a new area and let us know if it’s possible to branch out our territory. Morax, you said you wanted to try fishing right? You can give that a shot. Sorano and I will go hunting.” Phantom instructed. “Kayda, stay behind and guard the kits. We’ll be back soon.”

The felines nodded and headed off. Calypso headed off towards the woods while Morax wandered towards the lake with a noticeable spring in her step. Sorano and Phantom headed to the hunting grounds.

Calypso had always been curious of the woodlands east of Secret Haven. Maybe the woods would make for a good exploration and hopefully a promising new extension of their territory.

As the woods came into view, Calypso landed quietly in the grass. She sniffed the air and looked around, checking to see if anything seems off. So far, everything is calm. There were no signs of any danger.

The feline started exploring the woodlands. Trees loomed above her, allowing the feline to have a comfortable shade away from the sun. As she wondered further, she came to realise that the woods were filled with life. There were fruit-bearing trees and bushes scattered all around. The hunters would have a field trip when they see this.

There were burrows found under large trees and the chirping birds signalled that life was also flourishing amongst the tall branches. The woodlands was such a calming exploration and made for a promising report when Calypso returns. However, woodlands can never be completely ridden of predators. It would upset the circle of life. There must be predators lurking about. While they do pose a threat, felines tend not to worry too much about them. As long as they are always alert, they wouldn’t be on a predator’s menu. Calypso happily headed back to Secret Haven, pleased with her exploration.

Meanwhile, somewhere near Naga’s Lake, a strangled cry of frustration was let out. Morax was having a less than ideal time fishing. The fish were large and fast which were proving to be a lot more troublesome than she had imagined.

As she stared intently at the water in front of her, she’s mentally scolding herself for begging Phantom to let her fish just the day before. Why did she do that when she had absolutely no fishing experience? She would never know.

With a sigh, she continued waiting patiently. She’s going to get a fish whether she likes it or not. Her pride would never let her go back empty-handed, lest she gets an earful of cackles from Sorano that she’ll never hear the end of.

Morax crouched lower to the water, mouth just barely above the surface. It was a good position to go with. She had been adjusting her body after every failed attempt to get better at it. She laid still as water moved gently past her. Just then, a dark shadow could be seen at the corner of her eye. With a quick dip into the water and her claws digging into the prey, she quickly hauled out a fish and threw it onto the pebbled ground. It flopped about helplessly as Morax went in for the kill. While it wasn’t big, it would be enough to feed the kittens and apprentice. A content sigh escaped her nose as she trotted back with the fish in her mouth.

At the Plains of Rhea, hares and gophers could be seen dashing across the tall grass as a large shadow looked behind them. Sorano was right at the tail of a hare, determined to chase it down. The hare slipped while making a sharp turn, giving Sorano the opportunity to go in for the attack.

“Goodness they’re active today.” Sorano remarked.

“Yeah. Someone tumbled down the hill and into a hare den.” Phantom teased.

Sorano avoided further bickering, knowing she’s the reason the animals are much more active at the moment. They looked around and noticed that the plains had gone quiet. No point hunting now since they have all gone underground.

“Well, only one hare today I guess.” Sorano said.

Phantom nodded.

“We’ll try again this afternoon or tomorrow. There’s still berries in the food stash.” Phantom said.

Sorano picked the hare up as they both headed back home to share the food.
[ 751 words ]

--cats on patrol
Sorano | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Calypso | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Morax | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Phantom | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 52

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
Rabbit | 4 FP | x1

Broom | Used in poultices | x1
Wintergreen | Used to treat wounds & poison| x1
Burnet | Used to give strength | x1
NIL
--predators:
predator #1
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Sun May 23, 2021 4:53 am

Clan of the Sea Breeze
Despite his exhaustion, Heather pressed on, prey and herbs clutched tightly in his mouth, further inward along the island. When the forest reached its edge near the foot of the volcano, and he stepped back into clear air, it was all he could do not to drop them both as his jaw went slack.

He... recognized this place. Could swear he did, at least; the area was different now, but with time, and care, and cats coming and going...

Strength momentarily restored through adrenaline, he bounded forward along the foot of the volcano to an almost conveniently nestled semi-circle before it, dropping the scraps in a dip in the center of the circle that could once have held prey and tucking the coltsfoot gently as he could into a cracked rock that could once have held other herbs. Free of the first offerings for this fledgling clan, he turned around in the ancient camp he'd once thought only existed in his dreams. Gull's Wing had been right. Cats really had once lived here.

Not that he'd ever really doubted it, but, but - believing it on its own and seeing the evidence of it in person were two wildly different feelings.

He sleeps that night in a small nook beneath a pile of rocks. He's sure the cats who once led the cats here before him also used this den; it was too small for more than a few cats at a time. He imagines a leader, their mate; perhaps even their young kits, old enough to leave the nursery and sleep surrounded by both parents.

He buries his face in his paws, and tries not to chase that thread too far. The den walls seem suddenly too wide about him.

In the morning (which is really closer to midday, but who cared?) he wakes once more, and decides to use this time to explore more of the island. Most of the side closer to the mainland shore was sandy beach, while the back half was rockier, sharp and tall cliffs. The side he'd come up on, closest to the mainland, had a forest that covered about a quarter of the island, stretching up the volcano's side. On the other side of the volcano, up a steeper wall of earth, was a beautiful meadow, full of flowers.

In the evening, there's nothing left to survey of the island's layout; he's gotten the basic gist of it, the lay of the land. All that remained was the volcano.

He's... not sure what to make of the volcano. It's long dormant, Heather knows that, but his dreams of it were always... weird. Fuzzy, dark, full of mysterious lights and glowing sigils and ghostly cat eyes staring at him. It's unsettling, yet welcoming; he's torn between natural urge to bolt and a mysterious force that urges his pawsteps forward into the tunnels. Reluctant, he gives in, and follows.

The tunnels are normal at first. There are chambers within that are surprisingly well-lit; some of which cause him to wonder just how they could be so well-lit. But these are not the tunnels he needs to follow, not the places he needs to explore. Darker tunnels beckon him, and he travels in, deeper, deeper, until all around him is darkness and eerie green. There is ample space for him to walk; the tunnels are far from narrow or constricting, but he feels his pelt brush against things that aren't there, things that feel like fur; he hears cat-whispers that he cannot understand. He follows the path, until it suddenly opens wide before him.

It was a place he had only seen in flashes in dreams, too indistinct to truly process - but he knew what this place must be: The Moon's Crater.

The chamber is larger than any he'd seen previously. It was circular, almost perfectly so; not far from the walls was a more perfectly circular platform, slightly raised from the stone around it. An intricate design was worked into the stone, whether natural banding or something more, Heather could not tell for certain. In the perfect center of this platform was a circle of light, shining down upon a raised stone marker; above, through the crater of the volcano, the moon shone bright.

Before the marker was a skull. Heather recoiled in horror, eyes widening as he recognized its size and shape.

It was a cat's skull.

Slowly, and more than a little apprehensively, he approached the marker. He assumed this was the place he was meant to be, the place he was supposed to sleep and hear from Gull's Wing again, but... Hm. Perhaps the cat's skull was normal? He shouldn't judge. If the cats who lived here before had honored their ancestors, perhaps this was simply part of their tradition. He takes a breath, feeling soothed, and reaches out to touch it-

"Please, there's really no need for you to touch my skull, you know," a wry mew rings out from behind him, and Heather whips around, fur puffing out, to see a golden rosette tabby tom, pelt rippling and see-through like Gull's Wing's had been. The ghostly cat is smiling at him, not unwelcomingly - mischievous at best, but friendly. Slowly, the fur along Heather's back calms and lays flat.

"Who are you?"

"I, ah, well you can see," said the tom, propping up his chin on one paw as he tilted his head. "I am Sage Brush, the guardian of this chamber, former sage of the Tribe who once lived here."

Heather tilted his head. "Brush? That's a funny name."

The smile slipped slightly off the tom's face as he tilted his head back to look at Heather straight on, his closed eyes opening a sliver. "...No, no. Sage Brush. The 'sage' wasn't my title, it's - Sage, after the plant, versus sage, the seer, the one who speaks to the stars."

"...Oh."

"Anyways," said Sage Brush, once again tilting his head to the side, eyes closed and smile wide, "are you the new cat set to lead? Oh, silly question, of course you are! Now," he says, tilting his head the other way, smile slipping off his face to a more thoughtful look, "back in the olden days, it was the sages who guided the leader to commune with the ancestors. But you don't know anyone yet who can speak to the stars, do you?"

Heather hesitated, then shook his head. Sage Brush hummed, the corners of his mouth twitching into a smile less bright and cheery, more... nostalgic. Sad. "Very well, then. I suppose I shall do my duties one last time, then. Lay by the standing stone. Close your eyes - watch it. Please, really, don't touch my skull. Thanks."

Heather laid by the stone, closed his eyes, and slipped into dreams faster than he ever had before...

---

When he opened his eyes, he was in a field of blue, a purple-blue sky of stars above him. Sage Brush was nowhere in sight - to Heather's surprise, as he'd been sure the obvious ghost cat would follow him to the home of the ghostly ancestors - but this was quickly forgotten, for in front of him was Gull's Wing, smiling warmly.

"I see you've made it," he mewed as Heather bounded to greet him; when Heather instinctively went to nuzzle his cheek, he found for the first time that it felt somewhat solid. Not solid in the way of other solid things, but - solid in a strange an inexplicable way. Gull's Wing did not comment on this, as if it was perfectly normal, and continued on. "Your first name you have already forsaken, and a new one chosen, but as leader, you must take on a suffix, as well."

Heather bounced from foot to foot, excited. "Of course! What will it be? Heather Flower? Heather Field? Uh, uh, what other Heather things are there..."

Gull's Wing chuckled. "No, no, nothing quite like that." He inhaled, gesturing upward with his chin. "The Stars have smiled down upon you. They have seen how we have failed, and want to rebuild stronger, newer, in its place. And so they have agreed, and tonight, they shall bring you a gift."

As he spoke, the stars around him danced, and began to fall from the sky; except they were no longer stars at all, and things happened more beautiful and wondrous and private than once Heather, now Heatherstar, could even begin to describe.

---

"How was it?" asked Sage Brush when he wakes. Heatherstar blinked at him, eyes narrowing - did he really not know anything about what had happened in the stars? Before he could quite mew out the question, though, Sage Brush's eyes open very wide. Before Heatherstar could quite puzzle out what shade of blue they're supposed to be, the ghostly cat leans in, almost crushing whiskers with him. "Well, that's never happened before!"

"...What's never happened before?" Heatherstar mewed, tilting his head.

"You - well, you'll just have to take a look for yourself!" Sage Brush said, sitting back on his haunches. His eyes slipped back to closed, but there was still an awed expression on his face. "Either our ancestors liked you and wanted you to be special, or this is just something new they're doing now."

Heatherstar frowned at Sage Brush's non-answer, before turning tail and racing back out through the tunnels. They seemed quieter this time, a fact he was thankful for as natural light grew closer and closer and he burst back out into the sun. He spared a moment's glance back towards them, still not sure how he felt about the tunnels, before running to the nearest stream to see what about his appearance had startled Sage Brush so.

In the stream, the eyes that blinked back up at him were purple. It's all Heatherstar can do to not fall in from shock. Is this what they meant by a sign of the Star's blessing? he wondered, before shaking his head. Of course. Duh. What else could it be? He woke up from receiving nine lives and the only other thing that had changed was he had purple eyes now.

Briefly, he glanced back towards the tunnels. Sage Brush said nothing like this had ever happened before... what had made them decide to start with him?

There was no time to dwell on it. He inhaled, drawing himself up; there was nothing more to be done for it now. He'd have to make the swim back to the mainland in order to find more cats. The sun on this morning is much lower in the sky than it had been yesterday; he'd have plenty of time.

...Perhaps he should go hunt first. Had to make sure he had food for any soon-to-arrive cats, after all...
[ # 1806 ]

--cats on patrol
Heatherstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 32

--inventory
1 Scraps | 1 FP
---
1 coltsfoot
n/a
--predators:
Eagles, Hawks, & Owls
Snakes
Foxes
Large enough fish & sharks (if in the sea)
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phantom-chain » Sun May 23, 2021 9:30 am

ImageImageImage

Cavestar glanced at Smokyquartz and nodded. He buried the kill nearby. Any suspicious smell might draw possible dogs to them. He then began stalking forward. "Stay quiet. We'll just see what's going on. It's probably just another stray. They never come close to the mountain."
Smoky's ears flicked back against her head, "Okay, but if I don't think we can handle them, we leave. Got it?"
Cavestar nodded, "Yes, yes, I understand. The stones gave us good luck. This will turn out... fine."
The two cats followed the smell, cautious of what could happen.
[ 94 words ]

--cats on patrol
Cavestar| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Smokyquartz| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 44

--inventory
Prey
Rabbit scraps -- 1 fp[01]
Herbs
Catmint -- cure greencough or whitecough[01]
Coltsfoot -- trouble of breathing, cough, cracked or sore pads[01]
Willow Leaves -- eases stomach pain or sickness[01]
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Wild dogs, Venomous Snakes (Common)
Bears, Lynxes (Uncommon)
Weasels, Minks, Mountain Lions, Cougars, Hawks (Rare)
Boars, Eagles, Wolves (Ultra Rare)
phantom-chain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:19 am

-+- The Star Striders -+-
[A quick side note- I know I can share an inventory with my first clan, but I though the challenge of starting off with nothing would be fun! In emergency circumstances I'll grab some herbs or prey from The Tribe of Singing Wind, but I wanna try to challenge myself w The Star Striders! :3]

Twistedstar gazed to the stars above, this ancestors watching over him and the last remaining members of The Star Striders. Just a few days ago he had visited them, and he was gifted his nine lives and new name. He tried to hold his head high with honor and dignity, but it seemed harder and harder to with each passing day. Cats who hadn't been hunted by the dogs had either left for the safety of themselves and their kits, or had died due to infection or starvation. The clan was on it's last leg and it was now Twistedstar's duty to revive it and make it whole again. He crawled sleepily out of his den and glared at the dead monster in the center of The Star Yard. The leader was supposed to sleep inside of it, but the idea of sleeping inside of that creeped him out a little too much. He padded against the dusty ground and took in a deep breath, the leftover scents of sickness and blood swirling together in the air, making him sick to his stomach. He closes his eyes and regains himself, reminding himself that he was a leader- he needs to act like one.

``Dogtooth! Are you still here?`` Twistedstar called, his voice ringing around the scrap metal. He heard the noise of claws scraping against metal and dirt, and saw Dogtooth bounding over to him. He was lucky enough to only be left with a scar or two across his chest. He was young enough to fight off the infection with little to no issues. This relieved Twistedstar. ``There you are! I was wandering around the outskirts making everything was okay. We gotta make sure to protect what's ours!``, the brown cat meowed, chatty as ever. Dogtooth has always been a talkative cat, and never let anything hold him down. Twistedstar was proud of Dogtooth for his courage, and smiled at the sight of the cat. ``That's good, I'm glad you're doing okay.`` Twistedstar's gaze wandered back to the dead monster, looking ready to pounce at the two. He shook his head and decided he needed fresh air. ``Let's go out and hunt, we need to restock the Star Reader's den as well- and if we can't mark our territory Starclan knows what rogues will try to take our territory...`` The leader mewed, his mind filled to the brim of things he needed to do. Dogtooth seemed excited to leave The Star Yard, and bounded out of the camp, looking back to Twistedstar. ``Well, are you coming? We gotta stay sharp! Like every day is a rat raid or an attack! Think fast!`` Dogtooth shouted as he lunged to the leader, claws sheathed- pretending to attack him. Twistedstar's brain finally snapped back into focus as he jumped backwards and swung as Dogtooth's legs, tumbling the cat over. ``I still am sharp Dogtooth. Show more respect to your leader...`` Twistedstar hissed as he helped Dogtooth up. Dogtooth self consciously licked his chest and mumbled an apology. Twistedstar silently thanked the other cat, but would never admit it.

The two padded out of The Star Yard and into the city, the familiar stench of monster and twoleg filling the air. The scent of dog still lingered in the area- making both cats uneasy as they ventured out in search of food and herbs.``Starclan light our path and guide out paws to safety- we need you now more than ever``, Twistedstar prayed silently.
[ 580 words ]

--cats on patrol
-+- Twistedstar: HP- 100%, HUP- 0%, Sick- N
-+- Dogtooth: HP- 100%, HUP- 0%, Sick- N
--level 0
experience: 0/100

--inventory
Prey | 1 FP | x0
Prey | 2 FP | x0
Prey | 3 FP | x0
Prey | 4 FP | x0
Prey | 5 FP | x0

Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
Herb | ??? | x0
N/A
--predators:
Foxes, Raccoons, Snakes, Opossums, Hawks, Skunks, Coyotes, Twolegs, Dogs, Other cats
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Sillybob101 wrote:Tribe of Scorching Sun

the molly sprinted away as fast as her paws could take her, trying to distance herself from the fox's scent as much as she could. she couldn't afford to get into a scuffle with a fox, especially since the likely outcome was that she'd be left severely injured or worse. thistlestar had other matters to attend to, anyway, such as catching a meal. not like she had any shortage of prey back at camp, but the exertion from running had left her belly growling.

with the scent of the fox almost completely vanished from the territory, the leader began to feel more at ease with her surroundings. she allowed herself to slow her pace, stepping forward softly as her eyes searched the area around her. after a few moments passed by her eyes fell upon a single herb that sprouted from the ground only a few feet away from where she stood. (+1 wild garlic)
the rest of the day passed by uneventfully, and any prey that may have been nearby seemed to be well out of thistlestar's sight. the area around her seemed to be devoid of any potential catches, whether it was from the presence of fox that still hung in the air or the lack of luck that the molly seemed to have. however, she did happen to spot some prey scraps that lay between the tangled roots that stemmed from a wide tree stump. a quick look told her that they were what remained of a vole, which seemed to have succumbed to hunger during its search for food. the leftovers of the vole didn't look particularly filling, but at least it would ease thistlestar's hunger, even if only for just a little bit. (+1fp, +1xp)

+10xp for 57 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+22xp | +10% hunger | +1 comfrey root | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (99/100)

Gravis Cordis wrote:Lightclan

the cats crouched low, their bodies concealed among the bushes and their eyes fixated on the fox den that stood in front of them. any moment now, one of the foxes could emerge from the safety of its den, baited by brightspring's appearance. they had to stay alert, ready to jump to the molly's aid if needed, as well as to ambush the fox as soon as they could.

after some time had passed, one of the creatures had yet to step outside of the den. brightspring took note of this and paused for a moment, shifting her gaze over to lightstar with a quizzical expression on her face. the scent of fox was still strong in the area, but none were anywhere to be seen. if brightspring's baiting hadn't drawn any out of its den, there likely werent any in there to begin with. lightstar briefly considered searching the nearby area to pursue them, as they couldn't have strayed far from their den, but ultimately decided against it. they'd already spent valuable time waiting for one to arrive, and the patrol had yet to hunt or forage for the clan.
letting out a small sigh, the leader turned to face the others. "let's move on. if we're lucky enough, we might still be able to make a catch or two before sundown".

with that, the patrol moved on from the fox's den, hopeful of finding a meal before returning to camp. unfortunately, even after a while of thoroughly scanning the territory they passed by, no signs of prey seemed to make an appearance. most likely they had been driven off by the fox's scent, which still seemed to linger in the area around them.
just as rapidstrike was about to suggest that they return to camp, even if they came back empty-pawed, something peeking under a nearby log caught his eye. he stepped away to approach it, and upon further inspection, discovered a few herbs tucked away from sight. he picked as many as he could carry before returning to the patrol, glad that they'd have at least something to bring back with them. (+1 elder leaves, +1 willow leaves, +1 marigold)

+40xp for 658 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+53xp | +10% hunger | +1 elder leaves, +1 willow leaves, +1 marigold | level 1 (183/200)

with squashpaw following closely behind, teadrip stepped off of the boat's surface. the ground felt cool underneath her paws, and the molly couldn't help but feel glad to get a change of scenery, even if it was only for a short time.
"do you think we'll catch anything today?" squashpaw called out from behind, the young tom's head tilted slightly as he spoke. it had been some time since the apprentice had left the boat where they resided, and there wasn't much that he could recall from the last time that he had hunted on land. the molly glanced over her shoulder, only giving a light shrug in response. "not sure. you never know, but hopefully we'll find something". with the temperatures finally beginning to warm up, prey was sure to become a more common sight. after all, they needed to eat, too.

the two moved forward, making sure to stay well aware of their surroundings as they stepped. though the city wasn't as scenic as the ocean's view, it was usually a reliable place for them to find food, whether it was a lone mouse or some scraps. something nearby seemed to catch squashpaw's attention, he stepped away from the older molly, only to return a few moments later with the half-eaten remains of a shrew held in his jaws. (+1fp, +1xp)
to their luck, they also came across a large patch of herbs that peeked through a small pile of stones, partially hidden from sight. eager with their findings, the two rushed forward to comb through the pile, grateful upon spotting a good few herbs that they recognized to be safe. making sure to not damage the fragile stalks, they picked as many herbs as they could carry gently with their teeth before moving on. (+1 chamomile, +1 comfrey root, +1 raspberry leaves, +1 tansy)

+20xp for 290 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
+10% hunger

total :

+25xp | +10% hunger | +1 chamomile, +1 comfrey root, +1 raspberry leaves, +1 tansy | +1fp (scraps) | level 3 (248/400)

with the leader attending to the clan's newcomers, thrushslip led the small group of cats as the headed out of oceanclan's camp. tansypetal was right, the prey storage, while not completely bare, was beginning to become more empty than they would have liked. especially with the new members that they had just gained, it was important that they ensured all members of the growing clan were fed.

the soft sound of leaves rustling nearby caught peachpaw's attention, and the molly turned her head to view the source of the noise. after a few moments her eyes fell upon a small cluster of nearby ferns, where a well-sized hare was nibbling among the leafy underbrush. she crept forward, keeping body in a low crouch, until she had gotten near enough to get a good view of it. she pounced forward, her paws outstretched as she descended upon the creature. the rabbit didn't have much time to react to the attack, and within just a few seconds she held the heavy creature in her jaws. the patrol, upon seeing the rabbit that peachpaw carried when she rejoined them, showered the apprentice with praise for making such an impressive catch. the young molly accepted the compliments with a shy smile, brimming with pride upon having caught the attention of her clanmates. (+4fp, +4xp)
blossomfleck also retrieved some leftover scraps of a squirrel, which had already been partially eaten by whatever may have caught it. it didn't look half bad, though, and the molly decided that it wouldn't hurt to bring the scraps along with her. (+1fp, +1xp)

as the patrol turned to move on, a gleaming object sitting in the sunlight only a couple tail-lengths away immediately caught thrushslip's attention. he approached the area cautiously, his eyes narrowed slightly as he observed the odd item. he couldn't recall ever seeing anything like it, and he was sure he would have remembered seeing something so strange-looking. "what is it?" cherrypaw piped, her head tilted slightly to one side. nobody else seemed to know what it was, either, which only added to the tom's confusion. "I'm not sure. let's bring it back to camp with us, maybe tansypetal or one of the others will know what it is". (+1 supernova : split tail)

+40xp for 694 words written
+10xp for patrol sent
-10% hunger (-0% for snowshell)

total :

+55xp | -10% hunger | +4fp (hare), +1fp (scraps) | level 4 (57/500)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the pirates - explore post

Postby beebun » Tue May 25, 2021 3:24 pm

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇs
foxclan last post - pirates last post

xxxx squashpaw padded along next to teadrip, realizing how much he missed the touch of grass, and the smell of regular air, not the very salty sea air he had breathed for the last 8 moons. he missed his family, he missed foxclan— and though teadrip had asked if he wanted to change his name (and maple asking if he would like a warrior name) he kept saying no. all this because of the false hope that someday he would go back home. he wasn’t with the pirates by choice, the sea twolegs (sailors? he thought) had grabbed him when he had been following maple to see where his clan mate has been going. oh, how he wished that he had decided not to snoop. he wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t. ha—! starclan must be trying to teach him a lesson. squashpaw let out a small, sarcastic chuckle and teadrip looked at him weirdly. the young, orange tom shut his mouth, not wanting to express his feelings to teadrip. the molly wasn’t exactly good with feelings and emotions. that was lobstar’s forte.. a small blush appeared on the tomcat’s face, but squashpaw didn’t notice it.
xxxx her tail flicked back and forth with her swiveling ear. teadrip glanced back at her hunting partner, who seemed to be lost in thought. teadrip sighed, her eyes darting around for any sign of motion. and she spotted something— a tail! but then squashpaw’s little chuckle scared it away before she could pounce. she gave a him a glare, and the tabby tom shut up and went back to his thoughts. she spotted him blush for a minute before smiling. teadrip wondered what he was thinking about. or who. teadrip’s tail stopped moving for a moment when they heard a twoleg yell. it scared her and squashpaw, though only the molly jumped back. the two ran over into a different area of the city, and teadrip ended up bumping into a familiar face.
xxxx‘ wasn’t expecting to see you two out here. ’ a grin plastered on his face, chipper’s words sounded almost demeaning. he hoped that they didn’t come out that way, he was trying to improve his image with the other cats! maple and teadrip were still wary about him being with azi and lobstar, and squashpaw.. well, let’s just say that the orange tabby never really liked him and leave it at that. fun fact; in the pirates, there was a trust system. the ones that proved their trust to the group had a vote in meetings, but the —we’ll call them the untrusted— weren’t given a vote. he was currently at the untrusted rank, and his first impression on the group still wasn’t helping. chipper tried to smile at the two, but squashpaw just scowled. ‘ what are you doing out here? it’s mighty suspicious- ’ teadrip cut squashpaw off. that was one thing the molly was good at, preventing fights. ‘ squashpaw, shush. chipper, would you like to join us hunting? ’ her words were sweet, but the look in her eyes revealed her true feelings— suspicion, and everything showed on squashpaw’s face. chipper gulped, nodding, ‘ that’d be nice. ’ he said meekly.
[526 words]

cats -
teadrip / hp 100% / hup 10% / sick - n
squashpaw / hp 100% / hup 10% / sick - n (technically not an app.)
chipper / hp 100% / hup 0% / sick - n
level 3
248 xp
152 to lvl up
inventory -
scraps / 1 fp / x1
mice or rats / 2 fp / x0
small fish / 2 fp / x0
crabs / 2 fp / x0
minnow / 3 fp / x0
bird / 4 fp / x0
birds of prey / 5 fp / x0