Old event stamps for everybody!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Old event stamps for everybody!

Postby trapezoid » Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:55 pm

I may or may not be suggesting this because I missed out on the Internet Event and I'm now jealous and mad at everyone I see who can use those silly computery stamps. I'm a tech guy, cmon!!! It's a crime that I can't have those in my lil stamp collection everywhere I go!

...But really, I don't think exclusive stamps for events is very practical? I get wearing it like a badge saying "I participated in this event!" but, who really uses the stamp collections for that? The stamp collection is to show who you are as a person, the things you like, pets you think are cool... I just feel like the majority of people care more about expressing their interests with stamps than using them as achievements. Right?

It just bums me out a lot when I see a cool stamp that would go perfectly on my page, but I wasn't around for the event it was given out during... so I'm sad I don't get to include something I would've immediately included in my collection if I were able to! :(
and it's not like stamps are... tradable... XD So there's a lot less of a point in having special ones when someone could easily show off way more with their pets or items they got from the event instead!

And yes, there are stamps that have the right to be exclusive. Like "Member since [year]", "[event] [year]", etc.! It's just the silly or fun ones that fit the theme of the event that I think shouldn't be gatekept.

I don't know, maybe this is too niche to get a lot of supports, but it's worth a try because it would make me very happy!
trapezoid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Old event stamps for everybody!

Postby Squecca » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:26 pm

No support, that's like participation trophies but worse. It devalues the stamps that people rightfully "earned".
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CanisCoyote » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:52 pm

Disagree, sorry! I like that they have meaning - you only got them if you were there for it!

Art selling/trading/buying - toyhou.se - My art gallery - Petz Site
Please link to my toyhou.se for all art credit. Thank you.
[I'm very scatterbrained, if I randomly stop replying to a convo or forget about some art I will be glad to receive another PM from you! It probably got buried in my inbox and erased from my brain.]
I LOVE ART TRADES
CanisCoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sosadtoobad » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:00 pm

Sorry, but no. It's like if you worked super hard for something, and then someone is like "sike its time to make it for everyone!!!'
heyo, im soapy!
my current hyperfixations are hfjone, will wood, and lemon demon!

i use she/her pronouns, pls be respectful!/gen

oh yeah, im also autistic

pls dont use pastel text, its hard 2 read and its annoying

[left]current hyperfixations: hfjone, will wood, lemon demon, tally hall, and more i cant think of
sosadtoobad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:45 am

I'm not sure how I feel about the older event stamps being released again, but I'd like to mention a few things.

December 18th already gives out pets that were originally only available for event tokens. We all know how much time it takes to earn tokens. But unlike stamps, pets have a value that is affected by external factors, like demand. Many people look forward to December 18th because it gives them a chance to get pets that they would otherwise have virtually zero access to.

In the real world, it's common for some games that were purchase-only at release to become officially free to download later on.

trapezoid is talking specifically about the more "general" event stamps. Not the ones marked with [Year] and/or [Event]. I think exclusivity in a commemorative or sentimental sense is warranted. But at the same time, absolute exclusivity can be alienating and disheartening in some cases.
** Tʜᴇ Eɴᴄʜᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ Sᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ **

Bye bye, little butterfly~
-----------------Image-----------------
Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:50 am

Papilio Ulysses wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the older event stamps being released again, but I'd like to mention a few things.

December 18th already gives out pets that were originally only available for event tokens. We all know how much time it takes to earn tokens. But unlike stamps, pets have a value that is affected by external factors, like demand. Many people look forward to December 18th because it gives them a chance to get pets that they would otherwise have virtually zero access to.

In the real world, it's common for some games that were purchase-only at release to become officially free to download later on.

trapezoid is talking specifically about the more "general" event stamps. Not the ones marked with [Year] and/or [Event]. I think exclusivity in a commemorative or sentimental sense is warranted. But at the same time, absolute exclusivity can be alienating and disheartening in some cases.

I think making the non year/event type stamps available for all users would be cool. As long as the ones like 'Trick or Treat' 20xx ones aren't given out (as you had to actually be there to get them) it would be fine. But for the others without dates tied to them, like the cryptid sighting stamps would be cool!
Though, I do enjoy the idea of only getting to use a stamp after collecting it from an event or something of the sort.
Also, is there a stamp archive of every stamp on CS?

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:19 am

Lex. wrote:Also, is there a stamp archive of every stamp on CS?

The "My stamps" Guide, though it isn't up-to-date.

Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:36 am

I don't mind if a lot of the old event stamps are released to everyone. Obviously anything with a specific year mentioned should stay exclusive, but the event-themed aesthetic stamps (like the glitchy internet event stamps & the cryptid sighting stamps) are fun enough that it would be shame for people to be locked out of using them entirely just because they missed the one time they were available - especially because stamps aren't tradeable or anything like pets & items are, so there's literally no other way to get them.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

Papilio Ulysses wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the older event stamps being released again, but I'd like to mention a few things.

Stamps aren't really comparable to pets though. Pets were always able to be traded and gifted, never stamps. So it makes sense to keep old pets circulating a little more so they all don't become inaccessible in abandoned accounts. Pet rereleases are to keep pets in circulation to keep up with people leaving. Stamp rereleases would be to just give people more stamps to use, which isn't the core of the game, it's just a fun little extra.
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papilio Ulysses » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:43 am

Squecca wrote:Stamps aren't really comparable to pets though. Pets were always able to be traded and gifted, never stamps. So it makes sense to keep old pets circulating a little more so they all don't become inaccessible in abandoned accounts. Pet rereleases are to keep pets in circulation to keep up with people leaving. Stamp rereleases would be to just give people more stamps to use, which isn't the core of the game, it's just a fun little extra.

Yes, I know all that. It's what I meant by "But unlike stamps, pets have a value that is affected by external factors, like demand." Abandoned accounts is another one of those external factors. But my point was that Dec. 18th includes pets that you could initially get with event tokens.

The core of Chicken Smoothie has grown and evolved. Item-collecting has never been as popular as pet-collecting, yet we were given our first Item-Rerelease last year. The previous events' mini games were added to the archive - they give no rewards, but people are enjoying them. Just because a feature isn't the main attraction doesn't mean we should immediately dismiss someone like the OP who has expressed interest in making it a bit more accessible.

I'm only giving other points of view on this suggestion rather than just shutting it down with "No, we worked hard for those stamps. You weren't there so too bad."

Papilio Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me