Update to foeing

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Update to foeing

Postby Travis » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:06 pm

now this is probably a long shot and I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement on the coding side of things, but

When you foe/block someone, really all it does is make them unable to send you trades or PMs. They can still post on a thread you created (as far as I'm aware), they can still see your pets, your wishlist, but what I'm focusing on here is that they can still see the content of your forum posts.
I know on CS there is probably a lesser chance of this happening. but there are many people in the world who will just monitor someone, stalk them, read all their posts and possibly even try to constantly interact with them in public threads where they can't really just tell them to go away. I think it would be a good idea to make it so blocking someone turns your forum post in a thread into a short box that says "This user has you foed, you cannot view this post." and that's really it, like how blocking on other social media sites works.

Personally it would help me for reasons I don't wish to disclose and would make me feel less paranoid, and i think itd help other people as well. especially having people come from different sites to harass you here because they know you play CS - it's happened to me before. It's just a small thing that i'm not sure will ever be added but figured I should bring up regardless.

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐‡๐š๐ง๐-๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐๐ž ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ x BIO ใ‹ก ART ใ‹ก BWS x ๐…๐‘๐„๐„ ๐๐€๐‹๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐’๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐™๐Ž๐๐‡๐‘๐„๐๐ˆ๐‚๐’
๐“๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ-๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐๐ฌ x Just some silly guy! x โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค x PMs ok for whateva x โ—ฆโ—ฆ ๐˜๐‘ ๐๐„๐€๐”๐“๐Ž๐…๐”๐‹ โ€” ๐˜๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Ž๐‹ โ€” ๐˜๐‘ ๐’๐Œ๐‘๐“ โ—ฆโ—ฆ

xxImage xxxlx Image
Travis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Update to foeing

Postby OKULTRA » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:08 pm

BIG support. i dont foe people so i never really considered how shallow of a feature it can be, but these are pretty big oversights i think
xxxxxx๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA, PALESTINE WILL BE FREE ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ
xxxxxxx
kul ๐ŸŽฑ he/she ๐ŸŽฑ enfp !!
also known as jude, ashton, mac;
i xlike x x hlvrai,x music,
internet horror, x n xvidya games
x
x
navigation
๐ŸŽฑ carrd
๐ŸŽฑ disc
๐ŸŽฑ ยฉ

ImageImage
ImageImage
x
please do not dm me unless it's important/necessary
OKULTRA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SecondSolstice » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:09 pm

im honestly surprised it doesnt work this way. (newer player) but im in full support ! people on the internet are weird, and with how easy it is to make a cs account and access the forums i think blocking should hide your content from them.
โ”xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ”“
Vincent/Leo | he/it/axo | Image
Axolotl enthusiast! dm me about axolotls anytime if curious !
Dms always open!
feel free to dm me about any of my interests !
โ™ 

โ”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ”š
SecondSolstice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ROX.mp4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 pm

also support!! it still irks me that they can see the content that you post when you don't want them to interact with you, period. if there was even a way to just have a toggle option to be able to pick how harsh you want to block the users that you foe, that'd be an amazing change!! full support from me!
I've quit, if you need me im here for art and art only, pm me and I'll try get back to you. Will quit fully once my art cons are done and ive finished with current commissioners
ROX.mp4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Travis » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:17 pm

yellingrock wrote:also support!! it still irks me that they can see the content that you post when you don't want them to interact with you, period. if there was even a way to just have a toggle option to be able to pick how harsh you want to block the users that you foe, that'd be an amazing change!! full support from me!

Toggling the severity was something i definitely thought about, but wasn't sure if i should include it in the original post since I think IF theyre gonna update it (i feel thats a pretty big if.. >>), they'd just change it outright
I rarely foe people because it's quite honestly useless to me the way it is now. sure it blocks people from sending me PMs but if they can just look through all my posts all the time there really is no point to me

๐Œ๐ฒ ๐‡๐š๐ง๐-๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐†๐ฎ๐ข๐๐ž ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ x BIO ใ‹ก ART ใ‹ก BWS x ๐…๐‘๐„๐„ ๐๐€๐‹๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐’๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐™๐Ž๐๐‡๐‘๐„๐๐ˆ๐‚๐’
๐“๐ก๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก ๐‹๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž'๐ฌ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ-๐‚๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐๐ฌ x Just some silly guy! x โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐‚๐จ๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐๐จ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค x PMs ok for whateva x โ—ฆโ—ฆ ๐˜๐‘ ๐๐„๐€๐”๐“๐Ž๐…๐”๐‹ โ€” ๐˜๐‘ ๐‚๐Ž๐Ž๐‹ โ€” ๐˜๐‘ ๐’๐Œ๐‘๐“ โ—ฆโ—ฆ

xxImage xxxlx Image
Travis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Blocking someone does stop them from posting on threads you made except for threads in the 'general' boards and CS discussion boards; Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4384468

The reason previously given that blocking someone doesn't stop them from viewing your posts is because the forums are already public forums that do not require an account to view. This means if blocking did stop someone from viewing your post all they would have to do is log out of their account (or open on a different browser they aren't logged in on) and they would be able to view it.

Additionally if a user you block does attempt to keep contacting you even after you've made it so they can't PM you (like responding to you on the forums, having someone else message you for them etc) it is considered block evasion and is reportable.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Squecca » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:10 am

Last edited by Squecca on Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Squecca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby girlliker! » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:28 am

support, CS not being a public forum is far less important to me personally than having a sense of security and confidence that no person who makes you feel unsafe is going to view your profile or posts
marsh | they/them | love my friends!
pfp by: 96YOTTEA

โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก โ™ก
girlliker!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pisto pesto pasta » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:38 am

I support this despite what was said above.
Sure a blocked person can just log off and view everything without an account but it will become more cumbersome and tedious for them, which will lessen the chance of it occuring.

Right now a blocked person can just go to the groups of the person who blocked them, to the forum posts section, etc etc, and I really dislike that. This should be allowed to be toggled off.
And you could argue that if you could toggle that option off for them they could still log off and view it offline. But if whenever they attempted to do that on their main account and got redirected to some... Blocked page, maybe? that says ยซOops you have been blockedยป they wouldnโ€™t be able to get the links for these site sections by themselves. So the stalking problem is solved and everyone is happy.

Yes, there are a thousand of ways to evade blocks. Doesnโ€™t mean you shouldnโ€™t attempt to remove AT LEAST 1 of them, one thatโ€™s easily accessible, which is quite a problem, to me.

โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
my glorious trade thread
my glorious toyhouse
sig credit
โ™• owuz / shalf โ™•
russian / english / french
he / she / they / xd
bigender aroace
โ™• falconian nationalist โ™•
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–Œ
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ™• imagine living โ™•
like a king someday
a single night
without a ghost in the walls
we are the shadows screaming
ยซtake us nowยป
we'd rather die
than live to rust on the ground

โ™•
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
โ–
pisto pesto pasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jayvern » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:35 am

Support, so people don't send me awful stuff because I dislike trades or don't agree with them
oooo you want to give me dragons oooooo
Jayvern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me