Provide more ways to spend c$

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Does CS need more C$ spending options?

Yes I don't know what to do with my c$
79%
No I think there is plenty
14%
I don't get involved with c$
6%

Total votes : 214

Re: Provide more ways to spend c$

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:11 am

I'd suggest other items to spend it on such as an item which displays a PPS version, just as one had suggested.

I apologize if this has already been suggested as I didn't read through the other posts, but I think a lottery of some sort would be fairly interesting. As well as donating C$ to the pound perhaps. If you want to be a little on the different side, you could use C$ to purchase more aesthetic features such as custom templates for your profile to appear on forums, much like Flight Rising.

Postby Ichiban Kasuga » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:35 am

Support, I'd love to see some new store items or even maybe more frequent store pets. you could still have the pets available for the same amount of time but just introduce them more, or even have a 'permanent' pet store where you can buy exclusive pets from the store as you would the store items(probably wouldn't be rare, but it's still a good c$ sink)
Gospel | She/Her | I'm your local Bisexual Yakuza fan
Gimme ur FR currency for my pets!

Ichiban Kasuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:54 am

hawks wrote:I'd suggest other items to spend it on such as an item which displays a PPS version, just as one had suggested.

I apologize if this has already been suggested as I didn't read through the other posts, but I think a lottery of some sort would be fairly interesting. As well as donating C$ to the pound perhaps. If you want to be a little on the different side, you could use C$ to purchase more aesthetic features such as custom templates for your profile to appear on forums, much like Flight Rising.

The PPS item suggestion unfortunately is an officially declined suggestion that you can find on the list here

I am curious about your donating to pound idea. How would you suggest staff then give out the c$? I have never heard of an idea like this and am genuinely curious about your thoughts on it.

As for a lottery, like a few of the other ideas this would be gambling which staff has stated that they won’t ever do due to this being a kids site.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kleinkat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:46 am

perhaps c$ can be used to unlock extra site features? I feel like cs is lacking when it comes to things to do outside the forum. Like COPPA members cant really participate in half of the site
About me:
-Bigender
-Autistic
-Entomologist
-Animator

I'm a tribal dog addict
Kleinkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsunami102 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:27 pm

I support, although I don't have c$. I'm planning on buying some eventually, and it makes sense to have more spending options.
I exist, good for me. Look, I swear I have a personality, I'm just not talented enough to make a sig, any formats to templates would be appreciated!

https://dappervolk.com/register?referrer=Tsunami102
Tsunami102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 am

The Last Raven wrote:
hawks wrote:I'd suggest other items to spend it on such as an item which displays a PPS version, just as one had suggested.

The PPS item suggestion unfortunately is an officially declined suggestion that you can find on the list here

I am curious about your donating to pound idea. How would you suggest staff then give out the c$? I have never heard of an idea like this and am genuinely curious about your thoughts on it.

As for a lottery, like a few of the other ideas this would be gambling which staff has stated that they won’t ever do due to this being a kids site.

I don't intend a gambling kind of lottery. I would say you put in a certain amount of c$, the more you put the bigger your chance. The prize would be a rare pet. I don't know if it could turn into a type of gamble per se. If that's a gamble, you could probably put in a set amount of c$ (like 50 per entry for example) and a random user will be picked to win.

I'm not quite sure how to give out the c$ anyway, it might be, when it's open, you click a button on it and it gives you a random amount of c$ between 1-some other number. It may be a little to OP at that point however.

Postby tubla » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 am

until only very few players who have accumulated massive amounts of c$ will be able to afford things.... there will be no point to any of it

Definitely support this! ppl have some great suggestions abt how to get it out of the economy, but I wanted to maybe propose (?) that "successful C$ trades" threads and the "C$ buy and sell" thread are worsening inflation--esp. the latter, bc the highest offer on that thread (and some offer to overpay a lot) becomes "popular value" even if stated as overpay, since people think "x will pay y amount so I'd rather sell to them."

a bit of a confession lmao but I've been exploiting this recently--because C$ values don't add like pets do, I've bought things for cheaper than I would've by pet trading. got (rightfully haha) scolded for trying to trade lists with their C$ value: offered something that was worth ~1200 C$ if liquidated first--like a non--but in pets only a few MAs. So... I liquidated them! "paper-clipped" my 5MAs to a UR cat by buying and selling haha

ppl are extremely willing to pay C$ for lists since they age profitably while C$ faces inflation; I think there's an understanding that a person selling lists expects overpay (will not disclose how much I upsold bc that'll inflate C$ more lmao, but not that much I promise bc I know it's bad for everyone ((': )

buying lists with C$ is tougher bc of this, but tbh it doesn't even matter b/c the amount I overpayed was profit from the sales so... would agree that in regular trading there's pretty much already "no point to any of it"

though I 100% support new store options idk how much C$ it'll take out of the economy, bc many alr have insane amounts of C$ :') tbh I think the C$ economy has to be overall rebalanced to slow down inflation, but as someone who hasn't been on in 2 yrs I don't feel familiar enough w/ how it's going now to suggest constructive solutions--esp after the list was discontinued, the value of everything is allowed to grow as much as people want, but am 100% doubtful that a new list will happen lol

if you had thoughts would be happy to discuss this in pm! and thanks for coming to my ted talk on business practices lol, sorry abt the length
tubla

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby ahirked » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:50 am

tubla wrote:
until only very few players who have accumulated massive amounts of c$ will be able to afford things.... there will be no point to any of it

Definitely support this! ppl have some great suggestions abt how to get it out of the economy, but I wanted to maybe propose (?) that "successful C$ trades" threads and the "C$ buy and sell" thread are worsening inflation--esp. the latter, bc the highest offer on that thread (and some offer to overpay a lot) becomes "popular value" even if stated as overpay, since people think "x will pay y amount so I'd rather sell to them."

a bit of a confession lmao but I've been exploiting this recently--because C$ values don't add like pets do, I've bought things for cheaper than I would've by pet trading. got (rightfully haha) scolded for trying to trade lists with their C$ value: offered something that was worth ~1200 C$ if liquidated first--like a non--but in pets only a few MAs. So... I liquidated them! "paper-clipped" my 5MAs to a UR cat by buying and selling haha

ppl are extremely willing to pay C$ for lists since they age profitably while C$ faces inflation; I think there's an understanding that a person selling lists expects overpay (will not disclose how much I upsold bc that'll inflate C$ more lmao, but not that much I promise bc I know it's bad for everyone ((': )

buying lists with C$ is tougher bc of this, but tbh it doesn't even matter b/c the amount I overpayed was profit from the sales so... would agree that in regular trading there's pretty much already "no point to any of it"

though I 100% support new store options idk how much C$ it'll take out of the economy, bc many alr have insane amounts of C$ :') tbh I think the C$ economy has to be overall rebalanced to slow down inflation, but as someone who hasn't been on in 2 yrs I don't feel familiar enough w/ how it's going now to suggest constructive solutions--esp after the list was discontinued, the value of everything is allowed to grow as much as people want, but am 100% doubtful that a new list will happen lol

if you had thoughts would be happy to discuss this in pm! and thanks for coming to my ted talk on business practices lol, sorry abt the length

I actually resonate with this point, I think it's very valid, particularly regarding the inflation of c$ due to what people are willing - or not - to pay.
    however, I do agree that c$ needs to go into a new avenue - but I have no suggestions for that, unfortunately ;;
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:26 am

I strongly support the idea that we need more ways to spend c$! I really love the ideas about both limited monthly store items and seasonal store items. I disagree with re-releasing old store pets and also with introducing gambling mechanics (paying c$ to open boxes or enter raffles.)

I really liked this suggestion:
Vertu wrote:I would love the idea of buying stamps, site themes, and other customisable profile things with C$
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:09 pm

qwertyuiop123 wrote:
However, another suggestion I have would be to sell site themes to change the appearance of the forums? Or various features could also be sold.

Vertu wrote:I would love the idea of buying stamps, site themes, and other customisable profile things with C$

Just to add on to my previous suggestion and Vertu's, other ideas could include any of the quality of life features suggested in this forum. For example, an "adopt all" button, view all pets in the archive that you don't own, changing the default page size of pet groups to X, sort pets by rarity/names/original release date/anything else, etc.

At the very least, it would encourage C$ to be spent/traded, and these features shouldn't have any effect on the pet economy of the site (as opposed to other suggestions such as allowing users to buy a Dec 18-style box with C$, etc.).

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me