Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion - a slight change to rarity bars

Postby gallifrey falls. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:19 am

I support this for reasons already stated ^^
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:52 am

TzatzikiTheLeg wrote:
DaDwarf wrote:

There are all rarity labels C: As you can see, the star slowly goes up. IMO it's quite easy to see the difference between common and very common, not only by the color but also by the star. So no support from my side C:

I agree,there is no need to change the rarity bars,as it is not hard to understand which is which.Of course,as Shian said, it may be hard for a person to automatically realise what each bar stands for,but I still don't think a change is needed.If such a thing was needed so badly,it would've already been suggested and fixed.

Can I ask why you think it shouldn't be fixed? Just because some people can easily see the difference doesn't mean others can. Sure, you can look at the rarity words and see that, but not everyone can see the color and the star honestly doesn't move that much so it's of no help either.
Why not make a simple fix if people are having trouble with it? It is hard for some people to understand which is which, even if it isn't for you. Why should others have to "make do" or "Deal with it and look at the words"?

And to add, yeah. When they're side by side you can more easily see the difference. But not when they're separated. The star shifts so very subtly that it's of little help, and the colors look fairly similar when not right next to each other.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - Alice - » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 am

I do feel like this would be nice to the people who are struggling with determining the difference. However having poor eyesight a bad monitor and various other ailments I do believe that they should stay the same. People who have been on this site for a long time may not be used to the difference and personally would get me all muddled! I believe that if needed there could be an option to change the colour. Alas there is also the text and the fact of the star position. Those are the other methods of working out the rarity of the pet so don't really think this is necessary. Furthermost as mentioned before the brightness of the colour could be damaging or affect more members than help! They specifically chose slightly dulled down versions of the rainbow so that it wouldn't affect anyone sensitive to bright or neon colours

ImageImage

on top of this to edit a response to the person above. I do understand that yes the stars are simular when next to each other but there is quite a clear colour difference just to put it into context I put it into a gradient to show how many different shades and colors it takes to get to that color

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/#76db9e+1,53cbf1+50,38ea07+100
please note that I only tried to follow the colours as closely as possible it may be slightly inacrruate!

Therefore I do not support
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
hey everyone! I am slowly quitting chicken smoothie [something
I've been saying for the last 3years pff]
and am slowly trading
everything for art or ocs! your welcome to dm me for art or oc
sales but I also have forums linked to below with all info :3

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
- Alice -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:21 am

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quick, where's the common?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Where's the very common?

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I bet you already saw the different one

Sure, you can use the star placement, but since when were all CS pet images the same size?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

thejokerkeepsmiling1 wrote:I do feel like this would be nice to the people who are struggling with determining the difference. However having poor eyesight a bad monitor and various other ailments I do believe that they should stay the same. People who have been on this site for a long time may not be used to the difference and personally would get me all muddled! I believe that if needed there could be an option to change the colour. Alas there is also the text and the fact of the star position. Those are the other methods of working out the rarity of the pet so don't really think this is necessary. Furthermost as mentioned before the brightness of the colour could be damaging or affect more members than help! They specifically chose slightly dulled down versions of the rainbow so that it wouldn't affect anyone sensitive to bright or neon colours

ImageImage

on top of this to edit a response to the person above. I do understand that yes the stars are simular when next to each other but there is quite a clear colour difference just to put it into context I put it into a gradient to show how many different shades and colors it takes to get to that color

http://www.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/#76db9e+1,53cbf1+50,38ea07+100
please note that I only tried to follow the colours as closely as possible it may be slightly inacrruate!

Therefore I do not support

And again I'll ask of you, why should people have to deal with just reading the text? When all the other colors are so easily distinguishable and these two aren't? People who have been on the site for a while have to deal with change in many different ways. I've been on the site since 08 and there have been many, many changes. Change isn't a bad thing, it just takes time to get used to it. One color change people can deal with, lol.

And yeah, perhaps right next to each other like that you can see a difference. But I only see the difference currently because I'm on my monitor with the brightness literally all the way up. When I'm on mobile or my brightness is down further I can't tell the difference. Why should such a little change of one color be such a problem just because some people may not want change or can see the difference themselves? That isn't fair to the rest of the people.

"Just read the text." Again. Why should people have to specifically pay attention to the text when all the other colors are VERY easily distinguishable.
"Look at the star position." I'm sorry, but when they aren't next to each other the star position literally doesn't matter to me. It all looks the same unless comparing a VC to a rare or VR.

There's a clear color difference perhaps to you. There's a color difference to me right now on my laptop with the brightness way up. But on mobile, and for many other people? There is not a clear color difference. They look so similar I could not tell the rarity bar pups apart. So just because you see the color difference doesn't mean others can so easily see it.

Also I don't mean to come off harsh or anything of the like! I'm just very passionate about this, lol, for myself and others who are having problems with it. ^^
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 am

Look. Look, look, look at this. It's easily distinguishable, muted enough to be easy on the eyes, and the change took me literally 10 seconds in an image-editing program. There is no reason this shouldn't be implemented. All the confusion over the rarity bar pups only further demonstrates how much these bars really need to change.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chonko. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 am

I support, due to others not being able to see. What if others fan see the color but not the text? Who knows, but I also support because it helps balance the rainbow a bit?
wip
chonko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby karachi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:55 am

I don’t support-

They are different, and if they were in different shades of turquoise, it wouldn’t work that well for me.
karachi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coalchaser » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

Raire wrote:
Raire wrote:
I support this.

Not really because I have to look twice sometimes, but more because I thought it odd from the beginning to have the VC-green. For the "rainbow theme" of the bars, a cyan colour makes more seems imo. XD

so, more like this quick edit:

^ Still supporting my idea of a cyan bar. :'D

I still love this.

deviantart
tumblr
FR
twitter
help tickets
Coalchaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:46 am

Coalchaser wrote:
Raire wrote:
Raire wrote:
I support this.

Not really because I have to look twice sometimes, but more because I thought it odd from the beginning to have the VC-green. For the "rainbow theme" of the bars, a cyan colour makes more seems imo. XD

so, more like this quick edit:

^ Still supporting my idea of a cyan bar. :'D

I still love this.

As do I. Looks a lot better of a rainbow to me. =) and a LOT easier to distinguish.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups