Kalon Readoption

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Kalon Readoption

Postby Trphlthdl » Thu May 25, 2023 12:57 am

Howdy! No longer connecting to many of my kalons. Please don't apply for the first 5 in the toy house folder, Bear, Marin, Wright, Aerial, Emilie, and Faven are up for grabs. Just post your form here, specify the kalon you're entering for, and tell me your ideas for them! Feel free to add art or writing.

https://toyhou.se/Trphlthdl/characters/folder:1726894
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

wright :)

Postby sheepsorrel » Thu May 25, 2023 2:10 am

c'mon guys, we're not making stone-fired neapolitan pizzas in italy. you can't just put 'em in the oven for ninety seconds!

on 19-year-old wright's futuristic, cyberpunk world, a pizzeria-plus-laser-tag-arena is little more than a novelty -- and novelties are rather difficult to make a profit on. still, the ability to keep such a business even functional after so many years is nothing to sneeze at. wright runs the business with his father, joakim. (maybe the name is something boring like joakim & son's?)

wright is in a long-long-long-distance relationship with his spacefaring girlfriend, maris (more on her & her family here). she's off making her living on droning resales: essentially dumpster-diving space garbage using a weak tractor beam attached to a remote controlled drone. when he's not working deliveries or herding kids around the laser tag arena, wright is (hover)biking around the city with maris on a (hologram) call. he thinks her job is awesome -- in his mind, she's practically a space vigilante.

one of his closest friends is his bud (perhaps a cousin?) gretchen, who drags him around to various concerts and parties.

i don't think i'd want to change his edits all too much. MAYBE a new hairstyle (iffy on even that tho), an expression edit and some accessories, at most. i'm drawn to this kal because his design meshes super well with the vibe i'm going for with this cyberpunk planet -- it's like he just naturally fits in that world so well on a visual level?? and he just seems like such a chill guy :)
Last edited by sheepsorrel on Sun May 28, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bear --> Arvid

Postby captain dude » Thu May 25, 2023 4:11 am

Arvid

The Frigid Guardian

Arvid is old enough to remember when there were surface-dwellers on the old mining planet of Kunea. When timber was harvested, when ore was less valued over the tall trees that grew on the rocky surface, proud and bold amidst the white snow and permafrost. Life seemed simpler then, fewer of these space travelers around, no military presence. It felt... warmer on the planet, or maybe that was just his imagination. All these wimps not cowering underground from the good old elements. Times were... different.

Arvid has grown up on Kunea, born and raised in the same home he lived in for most of his life, carved into a cavern in the foothills of the tallest mountain on the planet. Growing up, he went to school in a small, sparsely populated town called Pine Point, where he clocked into the bare minimum of schooling he had to do, made a few friends, got his heart broken once, and proceeded to hole himself up and live off the land. That is, until the governing body of most of the galaxy bought up nearly everything but his home, leaving him next to an active mine. The new movement of people caused him to go off for a while, looking to find himself in the wilderness again. He discovered that much of what was once his quiet, small hometown was now a mining establishment and grew more and more frustrated by the day. He sold his home and moved closer to Pine Point, opening up a mountain resort in the nearby slopes. While he grumbles about the tourists, he can't help but prefer it to the other usages for his home planet. At least the natural beauty can be appreciated as opposed to merely its lucrative usages. He does most of the work around the resort himself, leading tours into the caverns to look at the crystals, checking in guests, going on hikes through the deep snow, stargazing at night. He likes the hard work and is very quick to embrace the life he lives. Sure, there's some things he'd change but for now, it's a pretty nice life.

However, considering the recent disturbances surrounding Kunean locals disappearing, Arvid fears that something might be lurking in the remnants of the woods. Some believe it to be some sort of dangerous carnivore, though those are long since gone. Others believe it to be some dangerous villain on the loose. And still others whisper of some cryptid awakened by the state of its home. Whatever it is, Arvid has vowed himself to discover what's behind all this. Between the sleepless nights and many moments spent on his snowmobile tracking large footprints, he is determined to find and put a stop to all this.

Proposed Edits and accessories

He may be a little standoffish and moody at first, but he cares more than people know. He is quick to help bandage up a skier’s wound, rush out for search and rescue, or help provide advice when needed. Arvid thinks he knows it all sometimes and looks at those who don’t take his advice as fools but his heart is genuinely in the right place. He’s strong-willed, a bit gruff, but very down to earth. He loves folk music and isn’t afraid to show hospitality to those that need it. He enjoys a stout drink every once in a while and a good mystery novel.
Moodboard @ Robin Merrick on Pinterest
Pixels @ M_adKing, @Ao-No-Lupus, akumilrako, and Martith on Deviantart
Last edited by captain dude on Fri May 26, 2023 4:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon Readoption

Postby Rosemoon » Thu May 25, 2023 4:15 am

Marking for Wright!
Little snippit of some ideas I have:
- Give them more short and pointy kitty ears
- Change their shine to one of the few designs I've had locked up in my ideas folder (which included some eyes, sharks, and snakes, haven't decided on which one yet)
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Thu May 25, 2023 8:59 am

Aerial -> Sawyer
Futuristic/apocalyptic world
A scavenger of old goods, fixes up robots and such
Is part of a underground community ready to fight back and leave the planet.

I could see them running. Running through the field of blooming flowers. Hand and hand they dashed, sparkling light dash down from the sky illuminating their faces. They smiled, great laughter echoing from their throats as dandelion puffs swirled into the sky. I was enchanted watching them. A picturesque place with a picturesque life. I longed for what they had. I gave a self deprecating laugh then looked down at my hands. Fifthy. The dirt could not be washed off of me, I glance around, a tin can would be larger than my room, and outside? Outside smog bloomed, much unlike the blooming flowers it gave a sense of dread. Futuristic transport flew by in the sky, rusted robots lay in gutters and drains. This was the world they lived in. An abandoned world. He looked once again at the colourful hologram, he envied them, the rich who could leave the planet. They who were not were destined to live and die in this trash heap. Sometimes though just to escape for a bit, he envision himself dancing through the sea of flowers.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Tue May 30, 2023 12:55 am

disclaimer;; however this form is left when the competition ends, it should be considered finished c:

Name: sticking with Emilie, I think it fits her c:
Character Concept:
A tailor with big dreams. She works in a corner store, mostly doing small repairs and adjustments for people. But
her biggest goal is to make dresses and formal accessories. She was invited to a traditional ball-themed birthday
party once, and it was love at first sight for Emilie.
She's pretty soft-spoken and not the most social person out there, but she has a kind heart and easily makes friends
when she does talk to people. She firmly believes that beauty can be found anywhere. Her favourite thing in the
world is seeing people be confident in themselves and their appearance.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:24 am

I'd like wright greene!
I have a similar kalon in the works and I'd love to pair them together in an AU <3
I hope this is still open, if not, you can ignore!

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:17 am

End Date July 1st! Feel free to PM me day-of, I am highly likely to forget.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:53 am

Bear winner - captain dude
Wright winner - sheepsorrel
Aerial Winner - Ucanthandleme
Emillie Winner - shortstop

Message me with your toy house so I can transfer! If those transfer forms still need filled out for readoptions, feel free to link to this thread as proof.
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me