Based on Click to view
Artist sturmi [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

My design

Postby sturmi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:27 am

Soo.... Thrinaxodon and Broomistega, am i right?

I thought the idea of an "oc group", or like, 2 oc's that always stay together could be really cute. Their accessories I tried to base (vaguely, because Google doesn't really have a lot of helpful references) on what I could find about Guanches. I would say the accessories are definitely not mandatory, just an idea.

Feel free to tweak as much as you want if you want to claim them. Here's their design.

( I think you need to click on them for the full quality picture)

So for my part, I end up not using 90% of oc's designed by other people, so my likes/dislikes list will be very long. If you'd be down to draw one of my characters instead if the list doesn't inspire you, that would totally work for me. I have a lot of different species to choose from. But you prefer to design a character based on my likes and dislikes for, that's also fine with me! I actually like the design you've come up with so far, especially the cereberus one! I will post my references and likes/dislikes in the reply so you can decide... : ) just wanted to give you an extra option
❤I'm an artist! find me on instagram and twitter or check out my art shop

ImageImageImage
hello! I love clowns so much, my little caterpillar would love if you could check out her circus!
always looking for more food/custume/old items!! feel free to send a trade over~
have a lovely day!
sturmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My design

Postby sturmi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:25 am

For my likes and dislikes when it comes to design (I wrote down A LOT so you have a big pool of options to choose from)

SPECIES
- mixed creatures, some new species altogether, mythological creatures
- birds, especially eagles, any type of rooster species and birds that have weird/fancy feathers
- predator animals (need to have some extra features though like horns, another animal's tail etc... no normal "wolf" for example)
- humanoids > esp if they're jester or clowns
- sharks or orcas (esp if intimidating)
- animals made out of fabric or stuffed animals (needs to have a whimsy design, I also like them as ragdolls or patchwork. They need to be colorful or and have wild patterns and features for this concept to work though. Can be cartoony)
DISLIKES
- normal people
- any kind of animal that has no modifications like extra features (birds are taken out from this. I like birds just as they are)
- amphibians, insects and fish (sharks are an exception)
- equine

FEATURES
general
- chaotic looking creature
- dangerous looking creature
- whimsy looking creature (for jester, clown or stuffed animals as "species" only)
- half and half design (meaning one side is black and white, the other colorful for example... or one side has horns, the onther one not etc...)
- scars (not oo much please)
- porcupine spines or anything that makes the creature look more intimidating
- mechanical body parts (but like... future tech, not steampunk stuff), esp extra arms, mechanical tail, gauntlets with huge claws BONUS if they're inspired by animal parts like a scorpion/centipede tail or octopus/mantis arms!!)
- horns. Wild/weird horns. Maybe asymmetrical (I don't like antlers though !)
DISLIKES
- wings (feral birds are an exception. I do not like wings on anthro birds)
- angel wings, any type of wings, really
- tentacles
- antlers
- antennas

On furred creatures:
- long claws esp on the front paws
- fur that isn't the same length everywhere
- really fluffy design but like the wild kinda fluff. rough fluff
- really short fur (like on horses)
- cool stuff done with the long parts of the fur or hair like braids
DISLIKES
- bald spots (scars are an exception)
- weird "haircuts"

FOR BIRDS
- "weird/extra" feathers like longer feet/leg feathers, pheasant tails, anything that makes you say "oh wow that bird is extra"
- fancy looking bird, elegant
- anthro (but dw I will anthro any feral bird oc I get)
- big talons
- weird/long/special tail
- when the headfeathers look like the bird has a "haircut"
DISLIKES
-wings on anthro birds. "Wing" hands are ok though but please no pair of wings on the back

PATTERN/MARKINGS
- any of these symbols ? (Questionmark(s)), ◇ (diamonds), ♤(spades) or target
- pattern inspired by fashion/fabric
- if the fur or feathers or skin imitate a fashion piece like a 17th century dress or something like that. I like to look at high fashion for pattern inspiration
- those weird zig zag stripes
- 90s aethetic for clowns, jesters and stuffed animals
- simple/no pattern on a design that has a lot of interesting features like a creature with horns, claws, extra tails etc doesn't need a complex fur pattern.
So in general:
If the design is complex, I prefer no or little pattern and markings, if the design is simple (like a normal bird), I prefer complex pattern and weird/interesting markings
DISLIKES
- anything too nature inspired (like just a straight up jaguar pattern)
- hearts and stars and sparkles
- circles, squares, bones
- anything galaxy or space inspired

ACCESSORIES
- little or no accessories on animals
- mask as face (demon/goblin/crampus insp) or partially covered face
- muzzle
- weirdly shaped/colored glasses
DISLIKES
- too many accessories (humanoids are an exception)
- clothes on animals

COLORS
- strong contrasts in colors
- dark green/purple palette
- pink/brighter green palette used as accents
- natural colors with a couple bright accents (example creature is brown/earth toned but has bright pink horns)
DISLIKES
- the combination of yellow, blue and red
- black and white with yellow, blue or red accents
- "cute" color palette (exception for humanoids and clowns, jesters and stuffed animals)
- the combination of black and red, yellow or blue
- greyscale with no other colors as accents
- rainbow

OTHER
- werewolf pose where the upper body is bigger than the bottom BONUS if it isn't or isn't fully canine but some other funky predator species
- part of the designs are shiny
DISLIKES
- fully quadrupal pose/feral only design. I'd strongly prefer anthro or werewolf posed anthro (kinda like a raptor yk when the front "paws" are upwards) (exception for birds) (exception for artists who only draw feral, I will make an anthro version dw)
- something overly cutesy or sparkly
- body horror
- feathers on non bird creatures
- too creepy
- multiple eyes, multiple mouths
- aliens

ImageImageImage
hello! I love clowns so much, my little caterpillar would love if you could check out her circus!
always looking for more food/custume/old items!! feel free to send a trade over~
have a lovely day!
sturmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sturmi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:29 am

As I said in case you might feel overwhelmed by my list or for whatever reason you don't feel like drawing me an oc even though you'd like to claim the design, I have a bunch of characters you could choose to draw instead <3 I hope one of these two options work for you!
Humanoids
https://toyhou.se/lunyali/characters/folder:5085059
Animals (still updating but I have my bird oc's here and one canine, for now)
https://toyhou.se/zereyade/characters/folder:5085755

EDIT: this here might be a cool character to draw as they are a shapeshifter, you can draw them as any animal or species you want, as long as you stay faithful to the colors/design everything goes : ))
https://toyhou.se/9589717.tbn

ImageImageImage
have a lovely day!
sturmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MireyaDC » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:01 am

I really, really, REALLY like this two little friend. I tried to draw myself a thrinaxodon and broomistega OCs, but I didn't susses. So seeing this pair... ¡and with clothes inspired in guanches, from all the things! I love em' thank you so much!

The only thing (and it's more an interesting fact than a correction) is that in the Canary Islands there are no metal, like in mines and that thing, cause of their basaltic volcanic origins, so the guanches didn't use metals to craft things. But dressing them with metallic ornaments is a really common mistake, don't worry.

As for the character in return, as it's to hard (not to say impossible) for me to draw birds and humanoids, I will try to draw you a character.

I've been struggling with a character for days, something... different. But after reading all you likes and dislike, I think it could be perfect for your, like designed specifically for you, in a way that scare me, because it's too different from what I usually draw and it just came to me a few days ago...

It has this werewolf shape you mention, and horns, it's wreid, but hope in a way you like it.

If you don't like it when it's ready, don't worry, let me know, And I'll draw you another, and another, and another, until you find one you love. You deserve it after you draw me those beauties, and anyway, your likes and dislikes inspires me a lot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image
| She/her | Young adult | March 24 | Studying | Customs OPEN
Please, don't look at the time spent in my art, it's never acurated.

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image
MireyaDC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sturmi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:51 pm

MireyaDC wrote:I really, really, REALLY like this two little friend. I tried to draw myself a thrinaxodon and broomistega OCs, but I didn't susses. So seeing this pair... ¡and with clothes inspired in guanches, from all the things! I love em' thank you so much!

The only thing (and it's more an interesting fact than a correction) is that in the Canary Islands there are no metal, like in mines and that thing, cause of their basaltic volcanic origins, so the guanches didn't use metals to craft things. But dressing them with metallic ornaments is a really common mistake, don't worry.

Thank you so much! I'm so happy that you like it!! I really made sure to take very good look at your like/dislikes list, I find it interesting when they're elaborate and it definitely pushed me outside my comfort zone.

And owie haha ... rookie mistake. Is there anything I could substitute the silver with? Did they have bronze? Or should I switch it for bones? I don't make to make an edit!

MireyaDC wrote:As for the character in return, as it's to hard (not to say impossible) for me to draw birds and humanoids, I will try to draw you a character.

I've been struggling with a character for days, something... different. But after reading all you likes and dislike, I think it could be perfect for your, like designed specifically for you, in a way that scare me, because it's too different from what I usually draw and it just came to me a few days ago...

It has this werewolf shape you mention, and horns, it's wreid, but hope in a way you like it.

If you don't like it when it's ready, don't worry, let me know, And I'll draw you another, and another, and another, until you find one you love. You deserve it after you draw me those beauties, and anyway, your likes and dislikes inspires me a lot.worry.

Omg that's a really interesting coincidence... I'd be more than happy to see the character! That's really really cool and it sounds like it was made for me indeed so far... super curious about it and also the changes you'll make now that you've seen my list... I appreciate it so much!! I'm very excited now

ImageImageImage
have a lovely day!
sturmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me