Move to new thread! MOD PLEASE LOCK!

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Re: The Agency's Brand New Thread! Welcome! Donations open!

Postby The Agency » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:37 am

Kieran

All the new donations are up!

pixels (C)Atelophobic, Ploofies, Tirrih at deviantart.com
The Agency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mokapi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am

The Agency wrote:Kieran

All the new donations are up!

Will the remainder of the CD be posted soon? D: Just wondering, as I have to leave for the day and I'm itching to know who won #74. xD
Feel free to call me Mo, Moki, or any other variation of my username you can think of. (:
ImageImage
Corentine, Rhododendron, Alba, and Marvel <3
ImageImageImageImage
Chelsea & Lestaten
sarcastic girl; snarky daemon.

mokapi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 am

Pet's ID Tag: 92
Name You'd Choose for It: (Choosing)
Reason You Want It: I fell in love with her when she was first donated, but I had already made a form for another character so she was adopted out before I got a chance at her. She remains one of my favorite designs and she still calls to me. <3
History/Background/Other:
(writing~)
I understand that by adopting this creature I take full responsibility for it.
Of course~ ^^
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:49 am

I will begin judging/answering questions in about half an hour.

Thanks for the patience, everyone!
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirrie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

No thank you tae yall dont have to do this at all and yall do and time and time again give us something to be happy about. ^.^
ImageMy Da /Crystalines Sangie's SantuaryImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 9 gifts.

Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 am

Exactly! I'm definitely with Lirre!! Thank you SO much Tae!! Your the best! As always ;)
Coy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mokapi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:57 am

Lirrie wrote:No thank you tae yall dont have to do this at all and yall do and time and time again give us something to be happy about. ^.^

Thirded. (:
Feel free to call me Mo, Moki, or any other variation of my username you can think of. (:
ImageImage
Corentine, Rhododendron, Alba, and Marvel <3
ImageImageImageImage
Chelsea & Lestaten
sarcastic girl; snarky daemon.

mokapi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wibeke » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:59 am

Good luck judging all the forms, Tae. I didn't try out, but this is going to be an exciting code drop. Take your time, and have fun. There's some great forms to read. ^^
And i have a question to ask you, but I'll wait until after the code drop.

jen they/them ace dumpster fire
aka wibekapedia

always open for commissions on DA

talk to me about pigeons!

● ● ●

art shop - deviantart
my kalons
wibeke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Agency » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Nicrossa
The Lion King wrote:Image

Pet's ID Tag: 72
Name You'd Choose for It: Promise
Reason You Want It: I remember when this girl was first donated, back on the old, OLD board. I really wanted to go for her, but due to the old policy of 'first-come-first-serve', I was unable to get a shot at her. Now that she's re-donated, I would LOVE to give her the home I wanted to. She would be welcomed into my ever-loved, growing pride of lions.
History/Background/Other:
What She Means to Me: There are so many reasons I want her, it's very hard to shorten them into a paragraph or two. First, I don't think I can deny she has a beautiful design. The black, blue, and white scheme go together so well. To me, she seems to have been designed with a night sky theme in mind, which is what also led to my inspiration for her story.
The main reason I would wish to adopt her is she represents my memories, and my promise. Whenever I hear her song, I get flooded with memories of the past, some good, some bad. I remember how much the song spoke to me, how much I loved it. I wanted to create a character to represent my feelings, but I could not. I went on about my way, and was overjoyed to find the sheet music in one of my many flute books. In the advanced band, we allowed soloists to play in the concerts we had, and I wanted to play this one song, and share it with the world.
Then, as the names of the soloists were read, I was saddened to find my name wasn't among them. I felt awful, that I didn't want to play ever again, but then, I remembered the lyrics. One in particular, We Go On, and that brought me back to my senses. I knew I had to promise myself to go on. That dwelling on the past won't make me improve, nor move me forward.
I promised myself to not spend so much time lamenting over the past, but instead, move on. If I were to win her, Promise would always hold a very special place in my heart. Though I have many characters, she would be one of my most-used and cherished. I know this form may not be the longest, or have the best story one might have read, but I hope it speaks for itself in all the meaning and work I've put into it. I promise that Promise, will always be a symbol of that vow I made to myself, and to move forward.
Name: Promise
Species: Lion Pantheras Leo
Mother: Malaika (Angelic)
Father: Mgeni (Barbarian)
Mate: Nova
Personality: Promise is a very reserved, mostly serious person. She takes many things seriously, and doesn't joke often. She tries to look for the deeper meaning in things and takes words literally. She comes off as a mature figure to many who first meet her. However, they can find she does have a lighter side than one would think. She won't act so serious around people she knows and likes.
Promise can go a tad over-dramatic if she is very sad. She is one of those who when they need to cry, they cry. She shows anger by being passive about it. She does not like to blow up in people's faces, nor does she like to show signs of anger. Most will think she is anti-social in a way, but Promise is not one for constant interaction. She loves to be alone at times, because that is where she can think by herself- the way she likes things.
Her Song: I must admit, Promise's whole story, her name was greatly inspired by the song,Promise. I have always loved this song and felt a connection to it. For the longest time, I have wanted to write a story inspired by this song. When I saw Promise here again, I knew, this was my chance. I have also recorded myself playing this song, for no apparent reason before, but I wanted it to be for someone. Now I know who.

~Her Story~

Every evening
Brings an ending
Every day becomes a legacy

The lioness' breathing staggered as the minutes strained on. There was beads of sweat developing on her brow, and the the pain intensified. This day had gone by slow and painful, and yet the lioness never gave up. She knew she must have her cub that day, and that day only.

She lifted her head towards the mouth of the cave she had hidden herself in. The moon was rising up into the twilight sky, a crescent shape. The peculiar thing was, it rose with the points upward instead of to the side as per normal. The lioness glanced out there once every few minutes, for reassurance.

Every sunset
Leads to morning
With the promise of opportunity

The pain intensified, the lioness tried harder and harder. The light dimmed as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. The lioness kept at it, pushing herself to the limit- and then, it was over. A small black and white cub mewed at her mother. The lioness breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

Outside the cave, in the sky, an upside down crescent moon cradled a bright, young star.

---------------------

We can reach for the stars we find along the way
Dreaming as we learn to love everyday

The lioness stayed in her cave for a few more days with the newborn cub. When the small one wasn't nursing, she was exploring around the cave. The rocks and dirt bored her, as did the grass surrounding the lip of the cave. Some animals passed by every now and then- not that she cared. In fact, the day time was the worst for her. Her mainly black coat didn't welcome the heat and the she-cub disliked that everything was bright during sun-high.

Though night- night was different. The little cub would stare off into the night sky for hours, and hours on end. Her mother, a beautiful soul, would come each night to sit with her daughter at the lip. The cub would ask questions, she would answer them. She would point out each different constellation and give the legend behind it. Soon, the little she-cub would be asleep, snuggled next to her mother.

Promise
You will take my hand
As tomorrow comes
We'll go on

----------------------------------------

The mother soon noticed that it was time to return to her pride, and introduce her little one. Though to her dismay, she had not picked the perfect name the little black and white she-cub. She thought of many different ones, however, none fit. There was just something about this cub, you could see it in her pale blue eyes.

One night, she decided to sing an old song for her baby. It was a ballad of some sorts, though very gentle and pretty. It started out slow, picked up a bit, then slowed even more. The lyrics spun a story of coming together and moving on. It repeated one word in many of the stanzas, a single word- Promise.

The lioness gazed into her cub's eyes, a small smile crept onto her face. The she-cub gazed back, a little confused at her mother. The lioness smiled at her cub,"You, you will be called Promise. I want to promise me, Promise, that you will not forgot that, nor the song you were named after."

The she-cub, now named Promise, nodded her head at her mother. She made a vow, that she would never forget, no matter what.
---------------------------

We'll go on

Promise solemnly followed her mother as they left the place of her birth. Her ears hung low, as did her tail. Every once in a while her mother would breathe a heavy sigh. Promise could tell that something was up, but she couldn't put her paw on it. Both had a miserable trip.

The pair crossed through the plains, over a river, and finally through a thicket to find a group of lions. A few were napping, some where fighting over a few scraps of meat, then there was darker, menacing looking one glaring in their general direction.

The lioness motioned for Promise to stay close to her side and approached the glaring male,"Mgeni, I have returned." She lowered her head in a submissive manner.

"Well, Malaika, I see you've brought our cub," Mgeni replied, stressing the 'our',"She takes after you. " His cold, golden eyes swept over Promise, and shivers sent down her spine. Already, she wasn't taking to her father- it bothered her.

Malaika gritted her teeth together,"Yes, Mgeni. Her name is Promise, won't you like to greet your daughter?" Her voice almost a whisper. Malaika still hung her head low below his, she was afraid. Not for her life, but for her small cub who had only begun to live.

As Megeni approached her again, Promise took a huge breath and stepped right under his nose. She had a firm look on her face and her chest puffed out, she tried her hardest not to look intimidated. He however, curled his lip in disgust,"Just who do you think you are? Such disrespect! I leave this unruly child to you!" Megeni growled and spun on his heel. This was one of the few times Promise would ever be let near him again.

Malaika sighed to herself and picked up Promise in her mouth. This had not gone well, and Megeni had made clear he did not want their cub in his sight ever again. The female couldn't help but feel a hole in her heart, but who could blame her? Imagine you found your soul mate, and then you had a cub with your mate, but then your mate rejects what you brought into that world. There is nothing that can describe a mother's tears. Nothing.

Promise was set down outside her mother's den,"Go play", she said with a small smile,"There should be some other cubs to make friends with." Malaika retreated to her den, ears slightly drooping, she wanted Promise to not grow up in pain because of her father, though it could prove to be difficult.

A bright yellow cub with a tuft of brown fur trotted over to a confused looking Promise,"Hiya! My name's Nova! What's yours?" Promise blinked her sky blue eyes, here standing before her was the oddest colored cub she had ever seen! His eyes were orange and he had three red-orange dashes on his cheeks. There was a matching orange stripe that started hat his nose, went up his forehead, then down his back to his tail. His bright personality was likable and Promise felt she could learn to be friends with this, Nova.

She smiled a little, then blushed,"My name is Promise." She yelled at herself on the inside for being so boring. After her father's rejection, though it was recent, Promise now feared she'd be rejected by all.Now,she thought,he'll probably move on to his other cub friends. I'll stay here, alone.

Promise was going to slowly turn towards her den, but was stopped when Nova spoke again,"Cool!" he then laughed a little,"Hey, check it out. We're like night and day!"

"Huh?" Promise was confused at Nova's remark.

He pointed at her coat then at his,"Your all black and blueish, and I'm all yellow and orange! Heh..." he shrank back into his shoulders and grinned,"So, you uh, you wanna go play?"

Promise smiled at the yellow cub,"I would like that, I would like that very much."
----------------------------------

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Through the good times and the tears

Nova and Promise grew up together as close as brothers and sisters would've. They'd wake early in the morning, leave their dens, and go on adventures in the surrounding territory. Every day there was something new to discover, and someplace new to journey to. Nova and Promise were the best of friends, but not all approved of their friendship.

Mgeni did not like that Promise's best friend was a male he had not sired. Nova's mother had come to the pride, weak and mated with a lion of rouge origins. Then, Nova had been born a few days before Promise had. Mgeni loathed the poor cub, and would go out of his way to tell Nova that as soon as he was an adult, he was out. For good.

Promise would try to reason with her father sometimes, but she was ignored. Mgeni kept to his pact, much to Promise and Nova's dismay. She would try all day, pleading, begging, bargaining, but her father paid no attention to her. He wouldn't even look at her. Many times, she cried after going to her father, but Nova was there, there as a shoulder to lean on. It was like Promise was all but invisible; except to Nova.
----------------------------

Ever on
Another thousand circles 'round the sun
If two can be as one
We'll go on

One night, after trying for hours, Promise gave up and ran crying towards Nova. She was getting even more worried as they both grew older. Promise was now turning into a slim, beautiful lioness and Nova was beginning to sprout a mane here and there.

"It'll be ok," he reasoned,"I'll always be there, that's what best friends are for! Am I right?" His eyes were smiling and reassuring. Once Promise looked into those eyes, those handsome orange eyes, ohhhhh.

"Hey. Are you ok? Your like in a trance....." Nova broke off as he looked at Promise staring up at him. She was there, but she wasn't. He wasn't sure what it meant at all.

Promise snapped out of it,"Oh um, nothing...I was just thinking...Your time is coming and all...." She was madly blushing and was finding it harder and harder to keep decent eye contact with Nova. I am such a dead giveaway.....

"Yes," Nova began,"What were you thinking?" His tone was serious, but curious. Nova couldn't figure out what Promise was trying to tell him. Her white muzzle was turning pink and she was trying hard to make eye contact with him. Maybe she's sick...?

"I-I want to run away with you when your exiled by my father. B-because, because, I-I love you," Promise now looked down at the ground. Her ears were low and now her entire muzzle was a bright, magenta color. In the corner of each eye, tears were forming and they shone in the moonlight.

Nova looked down to wear Promise's eyes were, and then rubbed his head against hers affectionately,"I-I....I love you too, Promise."

--------------------------

There is music
If you listen
In the rhythm of each breath we take

Every night the couple would come to the same spot: a small, grassy hill in the middle of the plains. Here, they got a clear view of the night sky; Something that was deeply cherished by Promise. She and Nova would come to gaze at the stars and tell stories and the like. They shared their annoyances of the day, that story of the great hunt Nova had, how Promise adored the new cub in the pride, but most importantly, they shared their dreams of the future.

One night, Promise and Nova were lying side-by-side and star gazing together. The two had paused a moment from speaking, and then Nova started to hum a little. The song started out slow, picked up a bit, then slowed down even more. The melody was...familiar. Promise couldn't remember what it was, but then, something snapped. She sat straight up and gasped,"That song....that song you were humming!"

Nova raised a brow, still looking quite relaxed,"Huh? Oh, that. It was just a song I heard a while ago. Reminds me of you." He swished his tail in the tall grass,"You know it?"

"Know it?! I AM that song...Well, I mean, uh, that's what I was named after..." Promise stuttered. A voice inside her head was shouting at her, How could you have forgotten?! You made a vow to your mother! She lowered her ears and sighed.

"Really? Well, um, it fits you," Nova replied,"Hey. Can you promise me something...?" His eyes were nervous as he gazed up at her. Promise seemed upset for some reason, he wasn't sure why. Sometimes, she wouldn't talk for awhile. All she would do was stare up at the sky, hypnotized.

She tilted her head a tad,"What is it?" It was Promise's turn to wonder why the other was upset. He too, would get quiet at some points. Nova's face would be looking downward; a determined expression carved into his facial features.

"If something were to happen to me....would you promise me you'd remember, I'm always with you. For now and forever," Nova's voice was dead serious, his face matched his tone. He expected her to gush at him that of course she would, or something equally as predictable as that. However, Nova was left speechless with her reaction.

"I would scream yes," Promise started with her face looking up at the sky,"but, I don't know if I can keep a promise as well as I thought. I will try. I will try to remember. I can not assure you if I will always remember, but I can promise that your words won't just be a spoken memory, lost in reaches of my mind. They will echo every now and then, but they won't stay for long. What I mean is, I don't plan on saying 'yes' right away because....because I don't plan on you leaving me!" She collapsed back onto the ground and shoved her face in his mane. Her sobs were muffled by the thick fur, but they were clear to Nova. He just wished they lived less worrisome lives. Unknown to both, Promise would have to live up to her words sooner than she thought.

--------------------------

Destinations
Undiscovered
Revelations from every choice we make

Promise and Nova's feelings for each other changed that night. Nova gained an understanding of Promise's feelings, and Promise felt like she may have jinxed something. She wasn't sure. Either way, there was an ominous feeling in her the deep reaches of her belly. Promise didn't know what it meant, but she was scared.

Nova had now almost reached full adulthood, and he too was scared. The dark looks coming from Mgeni only made it worse. He knew that soon, Mgeni would come for him. He would to forcefully kick him out of the pride. Nova realized that Mgeni had been 'kind' enough to let him stay when he was a young cub and that he should be grateful. Though as time dwindled away, Nova came up with a plan to get him and Promise out. Together.

A few days or so later, Nova finally had the courage to approach Mgeni. He picked a time when the dark male would be alone: his hunting time. Nova knew it was a risk, but it was better to ask permission then ask for forgiveness. He watched Mgeni leave his den and start toward the plains, and then followed him.

Mgeni quickly noticed him trailing behind and spun around with enormous vigor,"What are YOU doing?!" Mgeni's electric green eyes stared down at Nova leaving him feel small, and insignificant. His lips were curled into an angry snarl, showing off his sharp white teeth that looked less than inviting.

Nova took a deep breath, he had prepared for this,"Mgeni, I know you wish for me to leave the pride once I am a full adult. You have given me enough time, and for that I am grateful. I know that I must leave soon, and I only have but one think to ask of you. Promise and I wish to leave together-"

Mgeni quickly cut him off," You think it's THAT easy?! DO YOU?! I'll let you know that now, I'd rather have you DEAD than leave with one of my own! Who do you think you are?!" He as in full rage and was determined to show Nova just who was boss around here. Mgeni's anger became him and he lunged at the poor lion before him.

Nova never had a chance.
---------------------------

And I know
There are diamonds dancin' in the sky
All we have to do Is open our eyes

Mgeni returned alone that night.

The lionesses were confused because he had brought no kill, but his paws were stained red and his teeth dripped with the blood of another. He said nothing, but walked right past them, still snarling. There was only one thing left to do, but to do so, would be to spill the blood of a family member.

Promise had been searching the territory everywhere for beloved Nova. She hadn't seem him all day. It worried her deeply. As she gazed over the land she felt a presence behind her. Thinking it was Nova she perked up and turned around,"Nova! Oh I knew I'd find you! I just knew-" She cut off and screamed in fear as the figure of her father loomed over her.

"Looking for your precious Nova?" Mgeni teased,"Well have fun looking for him now!" An evil grin stretched over his face, displaying his blood stained teeth. Promise's eyes grew wide in horror. Mgeni didn't have to say whose blood it belonged to, she already knew.

He continued to laugh a creepy, evil laugh and then Promise knew of his real intentions. As breathless as she was, Promise turned on a dime and ran away as fast as she could. She knew she would never return.

Promise ran for days on end. Sometimes, she would stop for a few laps of water before continuing her journey. In her haste, she didn't hunt. Instead, Promise would scavenge off the carcasses the hyenas were tearing apart. Her mind was always reeling. She couldn't think straight.

Finally, she stopped her running and collapsed into a meadow bathed in moonlight. Her emotions had gotten so bottled up, she had to let them out. So, she cried, hard, and loud. Promise lifted her head to the stars and let them know of her sorrow. The more she sobbed, the more her mind cleared.

Soon, she slowed her tears and tried to regulate her breathing again. Promise was still looking towards the stars, and then a memory flooded back to her. A memory from not-so-long-ago. She was reminded of the promise she made to Nova, and then she knew.

Promise remembered how one particular star was always there to guide her during her flee from home. It showed her the path, and it showed her the truth. She now knew what Nova meant. That star, that one bright star above her, was....Nova. He kept his promise, and now she must do the same. Forever and always.
------------------------------

Promise
We'll walk side by side
As a new day dawns
We'll go on

Epilogue-

Promise kept her vow to Nova. Every night, when the stars rose into the sky, she would spot that one, that orange star that stood out from the rest. Promise would thank him, and she would remember. Sometimes, she would carry on a conversation, and she knew he was listening. He was always there.

We'll go on
Growing closer through the years
Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
The two of us as one
We'll go on

One night, Promise passed on. She was not old, nor was she sick. It was unexplainable, but one could tell she did not pass in pain. There was a peaceful expression left on her face, reassuring in a way. It was like she was assuring you not to worry about her. As you shouldn't.

Moving on
Ever on
A new life has begun
When two of us are one
And we live to keep the promise

A careful observer will notice how the moon now rises with its points turned upwards. An even better observer will see the glowing orange star cradled by the upside-down moon. Then you know, both promises were full-filled. That both, both went on.

---------------------------------

We'll go on
Ever on
We'll go on

Art Based on Story: The other day I drew this to go with my story. It's supposed to represent the main theme from it, We Go On...

Code: Select all
[img]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af257/wolfy_chan2/mylionessmuse.png?t=1274652926[/img]

I would like to apologize how long this is taking. Everyone has beautiful forms, and it's taking longer then I expected. All other forms will be judged tomorrow.
Again, if you want critique on why you won/lost, please either PM this account or my account, Tae. Thank you for your cooperation.

pixels (C)Atelophobic, Ploofies, Tirrih at deviantart.com
The Agency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Lion King » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:20 am

I think that for a moment.....I couldn't breathe....I seriously am amazed I won Promise O.O I may need a moment to regain my senses.
{tumblr} -♤- {credit}

It's great to drink to someone, and I guess that you will do

A very merry unbirthday, to you
The Lion King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me