Entry #1 - Firewalker by Darkest.Nation

Based on Click to view
Artist Darkest.Nation [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry #1 - Firewalker

Postby Darkest.Nation » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:25 am

Nicknamed "firewalker" for his markings.

Hand signifies wars won with partner remained intact. Ring around eye is used to give animal heightened sight.

Micking a (dun) horse with his markings and marks: a dun stripe, zebra legs, shoulder blade/stripe. A dun horse: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DTlKzO9xaQA/T ... +horse.jpg
Character Page
[ My past usernames were Invisiblemoonlight14, Water For Elephants, & Fly.With.Me. Please don't use. ]
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry #1 - Firewalker

Postby woodland » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:47 am

I like how you thought of a design from a dun horse, but I am not a fan of the color choice, and it might be a little sloppy.
woodland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkest.Nation » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 am

I love duns. (;

We honestly don't have very much to work off of from your description. I tried green and red, but many people complain of the Christmas apperance.

And excuse my naturally shaky hand and my fussy tablet. Sorry, the "messiness" is out of my control.

If you want the "professional" look and neatness that you see from the more popular artists, there are shops that do specific "character designing" options.

I have one more design coming for you soon, I'll try better.
Character Page
[ My past usernames were Invisiblemoonlight14, Water For Elephants, & Fly.With.Me. Please don't use. ]
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woodland » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I understand about the sloppyness. I have a mouse, for drawing/designing, and like you have have a pretty shakey hand too. But if you go the the brush size platte, there is a setting where you can change the 'smoothing' to it. Change it to aroun 90% and your drawings will look neater by useing it, and the shakey hand effects won't happen. Useing smooothing will really help draw circles more easily, I figured this out on my 4th drawing. It came really handy now, and I love it. Useing the smoothing is also good for better/neater hand writeing too.

If you have trouble for my likes and dislikes here they are:
BlindeSquirrel wrote:
Likes/Loves/VERY Wanted:

-Feathers, just maybe
-Some accessories**
-Something Neat. NOT sloppy (Neatness counts a lot)***********
-Feel Free to Draw your own lineart, if the lineart is good and unique, I’m sure that you will get a better chance of winning*****
-Detailed and pretty eyes!**************
-Nothing that is Clashing. Like I DON’T want a Character that has a Tail that’s Rainbow, then Leopard Print on one leg and the other leg has Crazy Swirls, and then the Face has some random design followed by a bunch of random neon colors.***
-Darkish, Colors are good with a little white*****
-Maybe Tribal, just maybe
-I am leanient for designs, so surprize me!
-Small line edits are ok.*****
-Good/Pretty Color Combos*********
-Any Type of ORIGINAL Design makes me happy******
-Dark Blues, Black, and some or a little white or light blues…MAYBE!*****
-A Male Character that would make a cute couple with my character Maybelline******************
-Anything I can brag about to kirvia ^.^ make her say ‘awww, I want it’

Dislikes/Strongly Discouraged:

-Stolen Designs
-Anything Demonic
-Blood
-Sloppy Stuff
-Scene, Emo, or Goth Stuff, I’m not against it, I just don’t like it.
-Anything creepy
-Something I can do in 5 Seconds
-Neon Base coats
-Wigs, I regularly like them, but not on this character
-Red eyes
-Too many Accessories
-Bad Color Combinations

woodland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkest.Nation » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm

I did read them, but it's not much to work off of, really.

Here's some hints:
What colour schemes? Earthy, pastel, perhaps colours associated with a certain holiday or season?
What types of patterns or little markings do you like? Flowers, fleur de leis, stripes, etc.?

"Pretty good colour combo"/ "bad colour combintations"/ "any type of original design that makes me happy", etc is opinionated and doesn't help us. I think that oranges and greens, and yellows and periwinkles look good together, but others might think quite the opposite. You're not talking to yourself, right? you're talking to other people with different tastes, so being specific does help.

And my tablet's smoothing is all the way up. The only thing I can chage is timing of touch, but I have to fiddle around with that before I can get a good result.
Character Page
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woodland » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Oh, ok, ok, I get it. People have thier own opions on pretty stuff. :oops: My bad, I didn't notice that, I'll try to not make my likes and dislikes like that. Well, for likes, I would like animal/natural colors paired up with some unnatural colors. For design, I am terribly bad at describeing, so I will make it simple, think Tribal, or animal based (Not like 100% based of animal though). I have no specific theme, but if you look at my female wolf charactor, it sort of shows the styles, and tastes that I am into.
woodland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me