Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Aftermath by Quiescent

Artist Quiescent [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Aftermath

Postby Quiescent » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

9 years ago today, while me and my family were on holidays in the mountains, we received a call from our next door neighbours telling us we should come home as soon as we could. From a quick look on the news, we saw that a raging bushfire was around our city. We drove home the next day, and it didn't take long to run into where the fire had burnt through the bushland. The air was still filled with smoke, and there was ash everywhere. We arrived home safely, and lucky for us, our neighbourhood wasn't touched by the fire.

By the time the fire was completely extinguished, four people had died and 470 homes were destroyed. The fire had also burnt a lot of the neighbouring National Park. I drew this in recognition of the many people whos lives were impacted.

This picture is drawn from memory, with a few references used for the trees. It's supposed to be from my point of view, looking out at the burnt bushland from inside the car. I might edit it later and add more detail in. Any comments and crit are welcome.

Last bumped by Quiescent on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm.
Eldemore
Flight Rising

~Always looking for more of the butterwolves from this litter~

I have a full time job, please be patient while waiting for trades and messages
Quiescent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me