Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

{oh, hai} by Kisiel

Artist Kisiel [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

{oh, hai}

Postby Kisiel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 am

I've found a way of getting close to you
So you don't have to control anymore
And I'll make you weak by getting close to you
Don't fight it, I've already won.

Second try at Oekaki, whoot! I'm beginning to enjoy this :)
    Although I will have to tweak the ears and the hair later, I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.

Comments, likes and conscructive criticsm are welcome and greatly appreciated <3

Thanks for looking :)

Edit: since a lot of you were mentioning the chin was too square, I changed that, and hope it'll be fine now. I lso tried moving the ears forward a little, but I can't seem to be able to do that without messing up the whole drawing.. So they're going to have to stay where they are now :3
Last edited by Kisiel on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {oh, hai}

Postby Pureh-12 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:37 am

I love it(:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
H E T A L I A <3
UsUk * Spamano * GerIta

Pureh-12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadalicious » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 am

Absolutely gorgeous. ♥
"Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to survive."
>>> Jack Donaghy >>>

-••
Greetings. Toad's the name, and sarcasm is my game. (You may call me Toad.) I am a fan of knitting and most (if not all) varieties of pie. I like pretending I'm cooler than I actually am and acting like a fool. I am the most serious person you will ever meet.

Seriously.
Toadalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquaAngel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 am

Amazinng and beautiful!^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AquaAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Shierr_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 am

This is very cute. :)

The ears are a little too small, but otherwise look great. The shape is not really like that of horses, but it doesn't always have to be that realistic. The chin looks a bit strange, it bulbs a bit too much. Smaller one would look better. And you could lighten the eye or make it brown. Horses actually rarely have completely black eyes, they are more often different shades of brown. And the mouth could be a bit longer, but that might be fixed with the chin. :) I can't say anything for the neck, since it's only half a neck, but what I can see is good.

What I do like in this picture is the shape of the head. It is good and it is not too short or too long, which can easily happen when you draw horses. And the butterfly is cute. So all in all, this is a good picture and it will be a lot better with a little editing. It has a very good feeling to it and is extremely cute. :D
I still have way too many items! Pleasem collect them all away, or I will leave and no one gets them! Also, I have three rats from the fare, so the fastest will get them, too.

~*~ Image ~*~ Image ~*~ Image ~*~
_Shierr_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pancreas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:50 am

Kassua, y u so epic at everything you do? Huh? HUH?

Lol, I'm joking of course~ Totally beautiful, give me your skillzzz. <3333
ImageImageImage
pancreas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 am

Thanks everyone for the comments <3

_Shierr_ , I always struggle with the ears >___>. They never turn out how I want them to: either too big or too small or just not the right shape. The chin was actually supposed to be like this, because when some horses are resting, they let it drop a little and it does look enlarged. I'll see if I can take a photo of one when I'll go to the stables today to show you :) And the eyes is brown; rather dark, but if you look closely you'll see that it's brown. The mouth is on the shorter side because I was trying to make the horse more of a pony than an actual warmblood :3

lol Nightingale, u stalking me? O__o I have no skills... there are so many things wrong with this picture...
    But I have to admit that drawing with a pencil is easier than drawing with a mouse.
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pancreas » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:30 am

Kassua wrote:
    lol Nightingale, u stalking me? O__o I have no skills... there are so many things wrong with this picture...
    But I have to admit that drawing with a pencil is easier than drawing with a mouse.

*le gasp* How dare you accuse me of such a thing! >:o But yes, yes I am. ;>

Lololol, you have skillzz and don't deny it. <3333
ImageImageImage
pancreas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Shierr_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 am

Kassua wrote:_Shierr_ , I always struggle with the ears >___>. They never turn out how I want them to: either too big or too small or just not the right shape. The chin was actually supposed to be like this, because when some horses are resting, they let it drop a little and it does look enlarged. I'll see if I can take a photo of one when I'll go to the stables today to show you :) And the eyes is brown; rather dark, but if you look closely you'll see that it's brown. The mouth is on the shorter side because I was trying to make the horse more of a pony than an actual warmblood :3

I know how a horses chin looks like when they rest it, I work at a stable and have studied horse economics for two years. I have to say that it doesn't look like it's resting the chin, because when they do that, they let it fall. Their lips are slightly parted and the lower lip is hanging lower than the upper lip. It would look more resting if it would be lower than the upper lip or if the lips were slightly parted. Perhaps you could try using a lighter brown, because now it looks a little demonic (sorry ;) ), because the eye is simply so dark. And for the pony-look: the head is smaller and wider for ponies than for horses. Horses have longer, narrower heads, ponies shorter and wider (ponies are like that in many other ways too :D ).
I still have way too many items! Pleasem collect them all away, or I will leave and no one gets them! Also, I have three rats from the fare, so the fastest will get them, too.

_Shierr_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Shierr_ » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:48 am

Kassua wrote:_Shierr_ , I always struggle with the ears >___>. They never turn out how I want them to: either too big or too small or just not the right shape. The chin was actually supposed to be like this, because when some horses are resting, they let it drop a little and it does look enlarged. I'll see if I can take a photo of one when I'll go to the stables today to show you :) And the eyes is brown; rather dark, but if you look closely you'll see that it's brown. The mouth is on the shorter side because I was trying to make the horse more of a pony than an actual warmblood :3

I know how a horses chin looks like when they rest it, I work at a stable and have studied horse economics for two years. I have to say that it doesn't look like it's resting the chin, because when they do that, they let it fall. Their lips are slightly parted and the lower lip is hanging lower than the upper lip. It would look more resting if it would be lower than the upper lip or if the lips were slightly parted. Perhaps you could try using a lighter brown, because now it looks a little demonic (sorry ;) ), because the eye is simply so dark. Or you could just try to put some white on the corner of the eye, since horses rarely have their eyes so that there is no white to be seen, especially when they look forward. And as for the pony-look: the head is smaller and wider for ponies than for horses. Horses have longer, narrower heads, ponies shorter and wider (ponies are like that in many other ways too :D ).

I'm sorry for my long posts, but horses are my passion and I am quite particular about their anatomy (even though I can't get it right, either, when I draw them :lol: )

_Shierr_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me