Based on Click to view
Artist FauxFeather [gallery]
Time spent 25 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

For Rocky Road Raccoon

Postby FauxFeather » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 am

yeehawwww

I'll edit this text with like a detailed description of my design ideas if u want lol

OK so:
I basically was obsessed with trying to get an Animal Jam vibe but also wizard necromancy magic overall because there's no way a Halloween witch/wizard has a regular lame boring cat, right? I mean they're familiars, they get hurt, and they need to be healed. Magic can only do so much, eventually, their parts need to be replaced.

head:
left half is a ginger cat, the pattern I based off of the only cat line I actually know how to do without getting confused by the reference: tigers!!
right half is a sandy cat that's been through a lot- bro died tragically in an accident. A part of the skull is visible because the flesh and fur has been decayed, and the fur on the snout was burnt off during the magic spell that reanimated him, thus also giving him MAGIC BLACK FYRE EYE.

body:
I was HEAVILY inspired by leopards because yes, but wanted to give it a kind of zombie-esque off-colour, so I used a green/dark green palette.
The brown back was inspired by uhh... okay that part I actually can't remember because it was way too long ago, like last Halloween. But it looks like it would have been inspired by a dog and a mushroom.

Legs:
I used the blue/orange palette for a scratchy tiger pattern on the right leg and a spider descending from it's web on the left leg.
The grayscale palette was because I wanted to do a Tai Lung (kung fu panda) inspired pattern at first but thought that two leopard prints would be clashing too much, so I added a cow print on top.

THE MYSTERIOUS PURPLE TAIL:
Okay so I wanted to do just a regular, purple coloured zigzaggy tail pattern, but then was like "Yo- let me add some evangelical eyes and rings that in theory could pop out like halos"
because I can't draw rings with my mouse hahaa

I miss my drawing tablet so bad. SO SO SO BAD.
Last edited by FauxFeather on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: For Rocky Road Raccoon

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 am

Of course! They're such a cutie, love the spider marking
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 am

and the tiger pattern on the ginger cat part has a similar marking to a normal tiger's "false eyes". I even gave it thick, mini lashes. I tried to do a tiger/tabby type thing basically.

ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 am

That was a REALLY fun read, I love reading people's process on designs and I love the idea of them being a familiar !
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am

Rocky Road Raccoon wrote:That was a REALLY fun read, I love reading people's process on designs and I love the idea of them being a familiar !

I'm glad!!
fun extra tidbit
my headcanon for zomcats/familiars is that some sorcerers go gravedigging for parts, scour the streets for roadkill, and/or (more evil sorcerers) use cats who are still alive (but that's a more gruesome and evil process).

And necromancy isn't inherently evil, it's dark magic, sure, but it's not inherently evil.

ImageImageImageImage

FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me