Range Trotter #HW034 by sleepyDandy

Based on Click to view
Artist sleepyDandy [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #HW034

Postby sleepyDandy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:47 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

legend has it, there was a horse whose coat was as black as the night sky, flames from the hells licking at their heel.
to corral this Trotter into your stables, tell me the story of why this horse is so feared, and if the legends are really true!
(min. 150 words)
End Date: October 16th

Username: coliev
Show Name: Etherial Odyssey
Barn Name: Magnetar

Height: 15.2hh
Eye Color: What's better than a devil you don't know? A devil you do.
Phenotype: Cenobite Black Crescent Moon Ghost
Genotype: EE aa CrmCrm Tgtg LcLc
Breeding Notes:
    - Dominant for Extension [E_], Crescent Moon [Crm_], & The Cenobite [Lc_]
    - Cataracts do not pass via breeding and are merely a cosmetic edit

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by sleepyDandy on Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW034

Postby reshihall » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:55 am

Username: reshihall
Show Name: They Found Me
Barn Name: Lone
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: Orange
Prompt:
Maybe it's the grey look in her eyes when the moonlight shines on them. Or the fact they blend in with the deep dark of the night, other than her orange accents. Other trotters have always feared this mare as she usually travels by night, and the legend says that she takes lost souls of those who have died in the forest. Many speculations have been developed every autumn, to explain her strange anomaly and presence.

Some rumor she banishes and tortures the lost souls for trespassing in the forest. Others believe she is the one responsible for the death and loss of these souls. Very few don't believe in the legend, and these fabricated stories are told at campfires or during spooky, fall events.

The truth is that Lone doesn't fancy for murder or torture. She believes in the opposite, her life dedication is finding peace and eternal happiness for the souls lost in her forest. She does collect souls but never for malicious reasons. She tends to visit graves, both marked and unmarked, and communicates with the dead using her energy. She provides company to the dead, and leads lost souls out of the forest and back home, to families, or to friends to let their souls rest.

When Lone passes, she hopes to continue her job in the forest, helping her fellow souls.
reshihall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:05 am

Halter Color: inspired by the eyes please c:
    Prompt:

In the ancient archives of time, there existed a horse of fabled dread, its coat as dark as the abyss, flames dancing at its hooves. This equine enigma was known as Magnetar, a creature steeped in mystery and whispered tales.

Legends wove a tapestry of fear around Magnetar, attributing its eerie presence to an otherworldly origin. It was said that this steed was born from the union of a fallen star and a tempest, forged in the crucible of cosmic forces. Its eyes glinted like distant galaxies, holding the secrets of galaxies long lost to time.

Magnetar's reputation extended beyond its celestial lineage. It was rumoured that those who dared to approach too closely were ensnared in a trance, hearing the mournful wails of forgotten souls carried on the wind. Some claimed to have glimpsed spectral figures trailing in its wake, wisps of ethereal beings bound to this enigmatic beast.

As for the flames that trailed its heels, they were said to be the infernal remnants of a forgotten realm, a spectral realm where the boundaries between worlds blurred. They flickered like the anguished cries of lost souls, a reminder of the power that Magnetar held within.

Yet, for all the tales spun about Magnetar, the truth remained shrouded in mystery. Few had ever ventured close enough to discern fact from fiction, for the horse's elusiveness was as much a part of its legend as its unearthly nature.

In the end, whether the legends held true or not, Magnetar persists as a symbol of the unknown, a creature that dances on the edges of reality, forever evading the grasp of mortal understanding. And so, the legend of the horse with the coat as black as night and flames at its heels lived on, a tantalizing enigma for generations to come.

(300 words)
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:54 am

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE Follow Me Into The Flames
Barn Name: Diabolus
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: same as flames please <3
Prompt:
Diabolus has always been feared, even before he came to this Island he was known across the continents by many different names. It was here though that his true nature was able to shine through.
The mythos surrounding Diabolus is vast, there are those who think him to be the incarnation of the devil himself while other believe him to be the harbinger of the ill omens and cataclysmic events. The names that stuck with him and he grew most found of however was Diabolus, it was given to him in Greece millennia ago; in the beginning of his time their he was not particularly feared per say more of avoided for fear of being close to might mean, but there were also those who were happy to treat him as a being similar to that of the gods. There were those that worshipped him as mount of Hades and other groups believed him to be a Titan that had managed to escape the confines of Tartarus by taking and being bound to this form. So Diabolus did not mind that they gave him a name that meant to flow down... that is until the incident in Pompeii; you see Diabolus enjoyed travelling, seeing the world and most importantly exploring Greece, especially at this time, he was often welcomed among the chthonic cults of the country. In one such visit, he was in Pompeii, well not really Pompeii more of a small homestead that resided just outside of the city; no one, not even Diabolus knew what was coming until it was too late, the only thing preventing him from becoming cocooned by volcanic ash being his infernal flames and furnace making his basically immune to the deadly fallout following the eruption of Vesuvius. The unfortunate result of him being one of the only survivors was that everyone including those that had previously given him refuge believed him the cause of the eruption, and thus the stories began and as the years past and the tales got more far fetched the fear grew too, resulting in Diabolus' Legend.
Here on the Island however, no one feared him for his infernal appearance, as here he was not alone. It allowed Diabolus to finally embrace his true calling of nannying the foals. For Diabolus foals are his one true joy in life and for them he is the most caring and nurturing stallion you will ever meet; his added reputation among the humans of being this harbinger of death makes it a breeze to protect all of the babies from their prying eyes and capturing ropes.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:51 am

Username: Kagome963
Show Name: LR Rigor Mortis
Barn Name: Mortis
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Fiery Flames of Hate
Prompt: Coat black as night with eyes that seem to peer into your very soul. Known by many different names, few know his true name to be Mortis. Legend has it that this Trotter is actually the reincarnation of the Grim Reaper's mount. With a nasty disposition towards the staff of Lunar Ranch and just about everyone who comes near him, one would believe this to be fact. Sadly, this is indeed the case. Mortis is actually meant to serve as The Grim's mount once he passes on to the next life.
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby sleepyDandy » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:06 pm

coaliev wrote:
    Halter Color: inspired by the eyes please c:
    Prompt:

In the ancient archives of time, there existed a horse of fabled dread, its coat as dark as the abyss, flames dancing at its hooves. This equine enigma was known as Magnetar, a creature steeped in mystery and whispered tales.

Legends wove a tapestry of fear around Magnetar, attributing its eerie presence to an otherworldly origin. It was said that this steed was born from the union of a fallen star and a tempest, forged in the crucible of cosmic forces. Its eyes glinted like distant galaxies, holding the secrets of galaxies long lost to time.

Magnetar's reputation extended beyond its celestial lineage. It was rumoured that those who dared to approach too closely were ensnared in a trance, hearing the mournful wails of forgotten souls carried on the wind. Some claimed to have glimpsed spectral figures trailing in its wake, wisps of ethereal beings bound to this enigmatic beast.

As for the flames that trailed its heels, they were said to be the infernal remnants of a forgotten realm, a spectral realm where the boundaries between worlds blurred. They flickered like the anguished cries of lost souls, a reminder of the power that Magnetar held within.

Yet, for all the tales spun about Magnetar, the truth remained shrouded in mystery. Few had ever ventured close enough to discern fact from fiction, for the horse's elusiveness was as much a part of its legend as its unearthly nature.

In the end, whether the legends held true or not, Magnetar persists as a symbol of the unknown, a creature that dances on the edges of reality, forever evading the grasp of mortal understanding. And so, the legend of the horse with the coat as black as night and flames at its heels lived on, a tantalizing enigma for generations to come.

(300 words)

congrats!! i absolutely loved this story!!
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:56 pm

thank you!! <3
coaliev

My pets