Range Trotter #HW033 by sleepyDandy

Based on Click to view
Artist sleepyDandy [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #HW033

Postby sleepyDandy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

to win this cutie, give them a vampiric-themed name and tell me why you chose it!
End Date: October 13th

Username: strangetales
Show Name: fear me or devour me
Barn Name: garlic

Height: 11.3hh
Eye Color: Limewire
Phenotype: Dracula Grullo Winged Eyeliner
Genotype: EE aa Dd BleBle WgelWgel

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by sleepyDandy on Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW032

Postby SeidenKaczka » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:35 pm

Username: SeidenKaczka
Show Name: SD Black Demon
Barn Name: Vlad
Height: 14.8hh
Halter Color: fire colour
Prompt: The name Vlad takes me back 15 to 20 years ago, when RPG forums were a big things, and there were lots of forums to roleplay wild horses. One of my very first characters was a frisian stallion named Black Demon (and he actually was a sweetheart), and I made a whole backstory about this character being the descendant of a very evil family of horses plotting to control many territories or whatever my 12 yo self made-up, and this family of horses was named the Vladians, in honour of the founder stallion of the lineage, named Vlad. Then, on several RPG forums, I would play a black frisian who would be a descendant of Vlad, and they'd be either good or bad but always with some family struggles (trying to fit in and make their family proud, or trying to get away from their expectations). It's been a while and it was all some non-sense kid-make story, but the horses descending from the stallion Vlad are always something to me. So let's say this Trotter is a descendant of Vlad as well.

It does fit the theme, as Vlad is the name of the guy who inspired the whole character of Dracula.

ImagexImagexxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seiden ♦ French ♦ Adult
Wanting to buy art and characters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FBdAIgTH

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxImage
SeidenKaczka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW032

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:18 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Sparkling Is Forbidden
Barn Name: Draculaura
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Pink
Prompt:
Show name is a jab at Twilight and the fact that vampires in that Sparkle, the fact that I was a twihard (I cannot remember if that's the right fan name) at one point is actually painful. While the barn name is actually the same name as one of my favourite Monster High characters, the daughter of Count Dracula himself, Draculaura! A vegetarian vampire who adores fashion and get nauseous at the mere sight/smell of meat
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW033

Postby NoodleDOOT » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:03 pm

Username: NoodleDOOT
Show Name: I don't say, 'blah, blah-blah!'
Barn Name: dracula
Halter Color:
Prompt: enough said xD - and the name of the dracula gene (BleBle) made me think of it hehe
NoodleDOOT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:52 pm

Username: strangetales
    Show Name: fear me or devour me
    Barn Name: garlic
    Height: 11.3hh
    Halter Color: flames colour
    Prompt: vampires hate garlic, so it just make sense to name a horse that looks like a vampire "garlic". the show name is simply referring to the fact that you either hate garlic (if you're a vampire) or absolutely love garlic and use 10x the amount of garlic listed on a recipe.
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:22 am

Username: green.
Show Name: RWS Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Barn Name: Buffy
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: artists choice
Prompt: based off the show!
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:05 am

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS My Dad is Dracula
Barn Name: Alucard
Halter Color: Matching flames please
Prompt: Show name from this famous comic, My Dad is Dracula. Alucard is the son of Dracula! His name is also dracula read in reverse.

forfeiting my entry!
Last edited by Starwindrider on Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:03 am

Username: Pandora!
    Show Name: OHS Dark Angel Unleashed
    Barn Name: Lioncourt
    Height: 14.2hh
    Halter Color: flame colors
    Prompt: The show name is inspired by one of my favorite works of vampire literature Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice. I am a sucker in general for vampire stories, and I particularly love IWAV because of how they delve into questions of morality and eternal life, for better or for worse. A lot of vampire tales romanticize eternal life (looking at you Twilight, I love it not despite it being trash, but because it is), but IWAV shows how eternal life and great power can turn any one corrupt. I was inspired specifically by the following passage for the show name, and the barn name is a last name of one of the characters.

“Evil is a point of view. We are immortal. And what we have before us are the rich feasts that conscience cannot appreciate and mortal men cannot know without regret. God kills, and so shall we; indiscriminately He takes the richest and the poorest, and so shall we; for no creatures under God are as we are, none so like Him as ourselves, dark angels not confined to the stinking limits of hell but wandering His earth and all its kingdoms.”
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:52 pm

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: Buddie’s Hex Girl
Barn Name: Yowie
Height: 13.1hh
Halter Color: artist’s choice
Prompt: If you’re anything like me then you were probably obsessed with Scooby-Doo as a kid. While several of the Scooby-Doo movies absolutely SLAP, I always loved the Hex Girls growing up, which is a fictional band from the Scooby-verse. While they themselves are not vampires (not witches either, wiccans!), I first remember meeting them in the movie Scooby-Doo and the Legend of the Vampire. The barn name, Yowie, is more vampire-esque, as the name of the main villain and very large and formidable vampire in the movie is called the Yowie Yahoo. While he was just a projection of a large, malicious vampire and not real, according to Scooby-pedia (yes that is a real thing), the Yowie Yahoo name was inspired by two Australian mythical creatures - a yeti-like creature and a frog-like vampire creature.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:02 am

Username: Julius525
Show Name: "JIPARS" The Polar Swimmer
Barn Name: Schreck
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color: Fire colour
Prompt: I named them after the actor Max Schreck, who played the vampire Count Orlok in the horror film: Nosferatu. It was the first movie to show a vampire dying from exposure to sunlight and would be the base for a lot of the culture knowledge we have about vampires and horror films!
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me