Scrooge McDog

"Scrooge McDog" by Lupinegirl

Dressup entry

Scrooge McDog

Postby Lupinegirl » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:43 am

As a fan of both Carl Barks’ Scrooge McDuck, Ducktales, and Dicken’s Ebenezer Scrooge, this dog was one of my first grails on the site. I was so excited when I finally got him! And of course, I could not have Scrooge without giving him a big pile of money. My first dress up with him was with popcorn bag tokens, since I did not have many coins, and Halloween tokens were the one thing I had plenty of! Since then, I’ve been adding adventure items to him. The ducklings are a nod to Scrooge’s triplet nephews, Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
The snow globe is a reference to Tuomas Holapanien’s “Lifetime of Adventure” song from “Music Inspired By The Life and Times of Scrooge”. It’s so cool that a famous musician (Nightwish) was such a fan of Don Rosa’s comic book series, that he composed music that echoes both cartoon scores and the adventures Scrooge went on in Rosa’s chronicles (based on Barks’ stories. Barks’ stories were influenced by his own lifetime experiences and research, which is part of the reason why he’s been known as “the Good Duck Artist”). I’m so happy I can share my love of Scrooge McDuck And my lifelong love of dogs and wolves with such a beautiful pup.
Lupinegirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me