Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Lunikrins 2.0 - OPEN! by Inkeyu

Based on Click to view
Artist Inkeyu [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 11
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by Inkeyu

by kieoco

by Inkeyu

by .pine.

by Inkeyu

Lunikrins 2.0 - OPEN!

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 31, 2023 9:06 pm

Lunikrins

Lunikrins are a species of kirin that hale from an as of yet unnamed planet in the Karma solar system.
They are a rather diverse species in both appearance as well as temperment.
Though it is common for them to be very friendly, and tend to bond easily to those who treat them with respect and dignity.

Here is where you can find all of the Lunikrins currently for adoption, as well as those who have already been adopted.

More information will be added here as I work on developing/setting up the adoption center.

Index:

Base art by .pine. the winner of the redesigning contest. Thank you for the beautiful base to work with!
Last edited by Inkeyu on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lunikrins 2.0 - COMING SOON!

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 31, 2023 9:08 pm

Everything you need to know about Lunikrins!
Lunikrins are an interesting species that ranges in size from that of a mouse, up to the size of a Shire horse. With sturdy legs and a slightly elongated body, as well as a small deer like head, they are strong and agile. Their large eyes are perfect for watching out for predators. They are called Luni-krins not because they are nocturnal, but because the moon that is full at the time they are born, dictates their magical abilities. They are herbivorous only, with a particular liking for sweet things such as fruit. They always have cloven hooves, and at least one horn/antler. The scales found on their bodies generally serve for protection and in many cases as extra surface area, meant for body temperature regulation. They are found in really any environment, as they are extremely adaptable. Lunikrins roam in bands of between 3 and 25 members of varying gender, size, and magical abilities as they are incredibly social and outgoing creatures. Breeding season is generally sometime between late spring to mid autumn, and pairings are never predictable as they can be of opposite or the same gender. No one is quite sure how they breed, though there is suspicion that it has to do with lunar magics. Lunikrins come in a very wide variety of colors and patterns, the most common being a natural horse/dog/deer/cat color or pattern with up to 3 "unnatural" colors, less common being fully unnatural colors but in natural patterns, and the least common being completely "unnatural".

The world in which Lunikrins originate is an interesting Goldilocks planet, very similar to earth, however it has multiple moons, each of which rules over a different principle/school of magic.
Silver, aqua, blue, purple, red, pink, orange, yellow, green and black.
Silver = 5 day cycles, rules over weather magic
Aqua = 7 day cycles, rules over water magic
Blue = 10 day cycles, rules over healing magic
Purple = 13 day cycles, rules over precognition/premonition magic
Red = 21 day cycles, rules over fire magic
Pink = 30 day cycles, rules over love/passion magic
Orange = 34 day cycles, rules over food/drink magic
Yellow = 39 day cycles, rules over crystal magic
Green = 45 day cycles, rules over growth magic
Black = 63 day cycles, rules over teleportation magic

Traits and their rarities:

Common;
    Single horn, smooth and delicately curved
    Lion tail, long with a tuft at the end
    Medium length mane, extending from behind the horn, down past the hock - COMING SOON!
    Deer style antler (5 points)
    Secondary small horn on the muzzle
    Feathering around hooves

Uncommon;
    Short/fluffy mane - COMING SOON!
    Extra long mane - COMING SOON!
    Caribou/Moose style antler - COMIGN SOON!
    Full furred/long tail
    No feathering around hooves

Rare;
    Tree branch antler - COMING SOON!
    2nd set of eyes
    2nd tail
    No mane/tail tuft
    No antler/horn
    Unicorn style horn
    No eyes
    Fangs/tusks
    Wings (feathered)

Ultra Rare;
    Double wings (2 sets, 4 total)
    Leg wings
    Feathered tail tuft
    Feathered crest (behind horn halfway down the neck)
    No-scales
    Full body scales - COMING SOON!
    Crystalline growths

Home/To The Top
Last edited by Inkeyu on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Artists and Fan Art Links

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 31, 2023 9:08 pm

Artists:
    Inkeyu - Design concept, owner, primary artist
    .pine. - Base design artist, full time artist

Fan Art
None yet! Be the first in exchange for a custom Rare Lunikrin!

Last edited by Inkeyu on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Callendar

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 31, 2023 9:09 pm

COMING SOON!

Last edited by Inkeyu on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Special Events and Announcements

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 31, 2023 9:15 pm

Special Events
GRAND OPENING EVENT!

Announcements!
The Artist Search is officially up and running! Go an check it out!

Exchange rates and items in the shop have both been updated! Take a look!

Home/To The Top
Last edited by Inkeyu on Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

For Artists

Postby Inkeyu » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:15 pm

I'll be posting the base form to use for adopts. :)

Base form to post on new adopts:
Code: Select all
Artist:
Username:
Name:
Breedability: (Determined by rarity**, and artist preference)
Ruling Moons:
Traits:
Items Used:

Breedability rarity list:
~ Common -- minimum 1, maximum Infinite
~ Uncommon -- minimum 1, maximum 1000
~ Rare -- minimum 1, maximum 500
~ Ultra Rare -- minimum 0, maximum 50

Lunar Phases/Events and what they mean:
~ Full Moon -- This means that the power can only be activated during the full phase of the moon in question
ie. "Full Red Moon" = Lunikrin has fire magic that can only be activated/used when the Red moon is full.

~ New Moon -- This means that the power can only be activated during the new phase of the moon in question
ie. "New Green Moon" = Lunikrin has growth magic that can only be activated/used when the Green moon is new.

~ Waxing -- As the moon "grows", so too do the powers associated with the moon in question
ie. "Waxing Orange Moon" = Lunikrin's food/drink magic grows more powerful as the moon's size increases through the full phase, but once the moon starts to "shrink"/wane, the powers diminish and can no longer be activated/used on a new moon.

~ Waning -- As the moon "shrinks", the powers associated with the moon in question grow.
ie. "Waning Aqua Moon" = Lunikrin's water magic grows as the moon shrinks, through the new moon phase, and the powers shrink as the moon grows more full, when the powers can no longer be activated/used on a full moon.

~ Lunar Eclipse -- (Most common with Red through Black) If another moon is causing the eclipse, the eclipsing moon's power is combined to a small/medium degree with the eclipsed moon's power, if it's the planet that is causing the eclipse, the eclipsed moon's power is amplified 10 fold for a full eclipse, for partial eclipsing the amount of amplification is correspondingly less.
ie. "Purple Eclipsed Silver" = The silver moon causing an eclipse across the purple moon, means the Lunikrin can predict the weather while during the same eclipse conditions.

~ Solar Eclipse -- (Most common with Yellow through Black) The Lunikrin's associated power is amplified 20 fold for the full duration of the eclipse, and stays amplified until the ruling moon in question is eclipsed itself.
ie. "Solar Eclipse Black" = The Black moon eclipsing the sun amplifies the Lunikrin's teleportation powers from 5 kilometers per day, to 100 kilometers per day for 3 months, when the black moon is eclipsed by the silver moon.

~ Lunar Alignment -- (This is EXTEREMELY rare!) When all other moons line up perfectly behind the ruling moon in question, ALL of the moons powers combine equally, bringing the Lunikrin to "God Tier" until the alignment ends, with the front moon being the primary/supreme power.
ie. "Lunar Alignment Blue" = All other moons align perfectly behind the Blue moon, making the Lunikrin (essentially) the "God of Healing", able to cure all ills, mend any bodily damage, and even revive the dead, but only until the moons fall out of alignment.

Last edited by Inkeyu on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lunikrins 2.0 - OPEN!

Postby Inkeyu » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:49 am

Should I do a special Halloween event?
Or should I just make more themed adopts?
What do you think?
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me