Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

august readoption

Postby gasp » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:02 pm

edits:
[S] shine, hair
[C] long fur, tail
[UC] ears

this one is going to be an art competition! when i received this kal i was super into houseplant collecting, so i made plants a big part of this kalon's personality. so i'd like to see art of this kalon, somehow involving a plant/plants! whether it's them tending to their garden or simply showing off their favorite plant, interpret this prompt however you'd like.

i'll allow up to one extra (max 500 words if writing), and prettying up is totally fine. not having an extra won't detract from your entry, so fear not. it's just a buffer if you feel that art isn't your strongsuit, but you still really want this kal.

this will close in exactly one week, on april 22nd @ 8 pm EST. let me know if i need to extend this deadline. i would be happy to.

best of luck!

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]kalon name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]art:[/b]
[b]extra (optional):[/b]
Last edited by xem on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: august readoption

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:18 pm

Mark!

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby black water » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:24 am

username: chengzhu
    kalon name: ezra
    art:
    extra (optional):

cold hands work ezra's own expertly, trying to perfect the tousled flower under his fingertips. the lesson is welcome, but ezra's head already feels fuzzy. his teacher's calculated demeanor doesn't console ezra in the slightest. countless imperfect petals are already forgotten on the ground. they've been trying for too many hours to count, and ezra's been tired long since they began. he has half a mind to complain, but he knows better by now. saeyoung can surely see how exhausted he is by now anyways.

saeyoung pulls his hands away from where he was previously guiding ezra to give him the chance to try on his own. the futile attempt to give the plant life with his magic fails to even give him a little bit of hope. the petals peel away and crumble in ezra's hands, and all he can do is look at saeyoung with a pitiful stare.

"let's try this again. your craftsmanship has improved, but you should focus more on harnessing your magic," professor saeyoung drones. ezra knows that saeyoung is only trying to help, but it's doing nothing but frustrating him further.

"can't we- can we just be done for today? please?" ezra finally caves and requests. he keeps his gaze down at the mess of wilting flowers on the ground, as if they would offer him some reprieve. he already felt pitiful enough for not living up to the expectations set for him. seeing saeyoung's blank expression would still be too much for him.

a beat of silence passes, and saeyoung doesn't reply until ezra finally raises his head. that same, collected face has ezra's frown returning.

"how many times have you been told you won't get better if you don't try?" saeyoung's words immediately sink into the dull drone in ezra's head. if that was his attempt at comfort, it was a sorry one. ezra feels pitiful as a tear slides down his cheek, but saeyoung doesn't stop. "pull yourself together, and try again."

ezra forces himself to swallow back the lump in his throat. if he sits and cries over it, saeyoung would surely sit aside somewhat awkwardly until he finished. instead, ezra exhales through his nose and nods. he gathers a few scattered petals and looks up to saeyoung. with a slightly more satisfied expression, saeyoung steps closer to guide him once more.

even with all of ezra's efforts, none of the flowers take form that day. they don't form the day after that either, because they haven't formed for the past few months that they've been trying. there are only so many disappointed glares ezra can take before he shatters entirely, and once the fourth month hits with no improvement, he knows there's no longer hope.

the petals fall apart in ezra's hands once again, and instead of turning to tears, ezra stands up. he ignores saeyoung while he gathers his belongings and stuffs them into his bang. wordlessly, ezra walks out the door with no intention to come back.

[500/500] thanks cure for letting me steal saeyoung
Last edited by black water on Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby medimedes » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:26 am

Marking
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snailshoes » Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:52 am

mark!
call me snail!
he/him or he/they
snailshoes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:36 pm

username: Ucanthandleme
kalon name: Dawa

art:

extra (optional):
As a queen she had one duty, to have an heir and teach them well, a son who would take the crown as their own. She had failed in her duty, already five years of marriage yet not a child in sight. She wept to the moon and stars, the lonely queen only had them to keep her company, the king had not visited in some time. Her family battered and bruised her with their words, she was not worth anything to them if she could not have a child to take the throne. Useless, unwanted, unneeded, these words were spouted in her ears. So she simply left, left to the back palace where she could not hear a thing. A quiet world where she no longer wept, instead she cared dearly for the garden which was overgrown and dying. She spent her days quietly in the back palace, out of sight out of mind, tending to her garden in the day and talking to the moon and stars during the night. One day in her garden she discovered a bulb so bright it seemed to be a miniature moon.

It was a rather large bulb and due to its resemblance to the moon she took extra care while tending to it. The bulb grew and grew and in the moonlight one night she heard it. A delicate and subtle heartbeat. Life was growing inside the bulb. It was a wondrous feeling, she was growing a life. No matter what it was she’d care for it with no fright. She awaited the birth of the creature in the bulb, singing stories to it gently, giving it the best dirt and water in the garden, but never neglecting the rest of the plants. With her care the bulb grew larger and heartbeat became stronger until one night as she tended to the other plants in her garden she heard a great big cry. A small child lay in the moonlight bulb, a small child with hair and eyes of moonlit white. They cried out and without a thought she took the child in her arms gently cradling it close to her heart. This was her child, who she grew and cared for for many months. It did not matter if it was a devious creature who could change forms, or simply a moment's dream, because for now it was her child.

(400/500)

☆-------☆
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baylin » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:17 am

Upon user request, I will be taking over judging for this competition

Congratulations to Baz! Please take good care of ezra :)

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:03 am

Congrats Baz feel free to keep my art just credit my toyhouse if taken offsite.

☆-------☆
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
☆-------------☆