One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Storkatten Magic Contest || Paragon Of Rift

Postby OriGalaxii » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:50 pm

Rift Magic
Proposed Rarity Tier;
Storkatten: Legendary

Domain
"Oh, I didn't realize I was having visitors today.." A young cat says, approching you. His library was littered with books, papers, and rifts of varying sizes. He takes a moment and gets a proper look at you, before speaking again. "I assume you're here to learn about rift magic? I don't get much visitors outside of that.." He reached his paw into the... ground? The earth ripped unnaturally as he did so, rippling again as he pulled up a book. "So, what would you like to know?"

> *You ask what rift magic is, exactly?

"Well, the domain of Rift magic covers locations and travel, specifically through rifts made in space. It grants the ability to create these rifts that connect 2 or more places together." The Storkatten demonstraited, creating a small spare of rifts and sent a rock through.
"From my experience, those with Rift magic tend to... stumble into their powers when trying to travel to places, or thinking of a destination they want to go. Then again, my sample size is fairly small, seeing how rare this magic is."

>*What can Rift users do?

"Rift magic can do, but isnt limited to;
  • Creating temporary or permanent Rifts connecting locations
  • Transport objects and living beings through said rifts
  • Have a natural sense of direction
  • Ability to easily recall locations from memory
  • Creating items that link to rifts

Last edited by OriGalaxii on Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Storkatten Magic Contest || Levelling

Postby OriGalaxii » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:16 pm

MAGIC LEVELLING

Anything here can be changed/tweaked for official release

Novice - Default
As a beginner Rift user, you're just starting to explore your abilities. At first the rifts you can open are fairly small, and can't be too far from you, or each other.
Rift magic users start experimenting with their abilities; they can only open small rifts (Slightly Larger than a paw), within short distances from themself. They're limited to one pair of rifts at a time. Users may have

Advanced - 100 MP
Rifts open at this stage are a big bigger (about half the size of a Sketchbook) and can be open for longer. Their range also extends to anywhere within their line of sight. They may have 2 or 3 pairs of rifts open at a time.

Adept - 200 MP
At an Adept level, Rift magic users can open large portals for hours at a time (though, are only stable for smaller creatures to go through). Their range also extends to places they've been, within a fair distance of themself. At this stage, they may also have 2 rifts that link to the same destination, though it's very unstable at this point.

Master - 300 MP
Master Rift users can hold open portals to far places, large enough for storkatten to go through. These portals can be open for days, nearly weeks at a time. They can have several pairs of rifts that connect to the same place, but this requires hard effort on their part

Paragonhood
Paragon Rift users ahve been able to become rifts themselves, using parts of their bodies to connect with other places. The rifts they create are large enough for the largest of magical creatures to pass through and can stay up for as long as they wish. They can create intricate muti-rift connections with ease.
Last edited by OriGalaxii on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten Magic Contest || Gifts

Postby OriGalaxii » Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:12 am

Divine Gifts

Minor Magic Expression - Novice or Higher
    Allows for minimal magic expression; may have small rifts on reference, sparkles around it

Major Magic Expression - Master or Higher
    Allows for major magic expression; may have large rifts on reference, some parts of their body may be transparent and sparkle, as well as their rifts

Stability Stones - Adept or Higher
    A set of stones created by the paragon in tandem with a legendary rune artificer; These stones allow for 1 pair of rifts to stay open as long as the user needs. These stones will not grant rifts larger than the user can make.

Vision Scroll - Advanced or Higher
    Allows the user to view the surrounding area of a rift, fron the view of it. They can only view one rift at a time

Prompts
  • Where did they open their first rift?
  • How do they use their rifts? Do they use them to aid others, or for their personal use?
  • What's the weirdest thing they've stumbled upon while using their rifts?
Last edited by OriGalaxii on Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Casper, The Paragon Of Rift

Postby OriGalaxii » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:02 pm

same deal as Silas, but paragonhood for Silas will be here/be linked here
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten Magic Contest || Paragon Of Rift

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:39 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

NR: Expressive Ear Edit, Expression Edit, Fur Tuft
LIM: Longer Fur, Dark Sclera, Alternate Magic Color II
LEG: Shorter Fur, Natural Tail Alteration x2, Halo, Form Change

Magic: Arcane (Alternate Magic II)
Non-Passing: Paragon-Level Magic Expression
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes