Led astray

Create and decorate a scene with your friends to show off your favorite pets!

"Led astray" by Ray_is_Lost

Led astray

Postby Ray_is_Lost » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:17 pm

Sunlight filters through the well distanced trees and small critters rummage through the undergrowth. It was hard to believe the haunting rumors spoken about this place. The scenery was enchanting, speckled with rare flora illuminated with a soft glow from above, it was difficult to find any motivation to leave, the thought of warm food and a shower kept you going. The trees begin to reach incredible heights as you approached the heart of the forest, the light fading and the animals start to quiet, it should still be noon but it already feels like dusk. After thirty, or maybe forty, minutes of walking, the air starts to grow colder and any remaining light is gone, covered by the twisted branches of ancient looking trees. You should've been out of the forest awhile ago, but it just kept going. There's no way you were lost, you've never gotten lost! not even as a little baby who could barely walk. As you search around looking for any sign of an exit, a small bright orb catches your attention as it bobs about. It's the only hope of getting out, you steady yourself and start to follow the wisp. The trees seem to creak in a nonexistent breeze, whispering at the stranger in their midst. Faceless horrors stalk silently through the lifeless undergrowth as a crow lets out a cackle, anticipating the fate of this unknowing intruder. The brightly glowing orb starts to fade as it reaches a clearing in the trees. A deathly silence looms over the space, daring for something to challenge it. The wisp waits in the center of the clearing, amidst a ring of mushrooms. The darkness of the forest closes in on you grabbing with hands of fog, pushing you into the clearing. The trees loom over you, impatient and starving.
As you step into the ring, the tendrils of mist break free from the treeline and rush towards the circle, engulfing all within. At the edge of the forest a young boy looks into the woods, eyes wide as he steps forward to follow a line of lights that seem to beckon him in.

I thought I might as well try and write a lil story <3 I'd love feedback or suggestions if possible!
β‹˜ π‘ƒπ‘™π‘’π‘Žπ‘ π‘’ π‘€π‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ - π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘‘π‘Žπ‘‘π‘Ž... β‹™
β”β”β”β”βœ¦β˜ΰΌ»ΰΌΊβ˜βœ¦β”β”β”β”“
✧ Ray ✧
✧ They/Them ✧
β”—β”β”β”βœ¦β˜ΰΌ»ΰΌΊβ˜βœ¦β”β”β”β”›
γ€Žβ€’β€’βœŽβ€’β€’γ€
Image Image Image Image

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€ β€’βœ¦β€’ ────┐
✎ Interests
β€’ Cosmic Horror
β€’ Liminal Spaces
β€’ Philosophy
β€’ Insects