fcat #140 - memory quilt

Postby eltonn » Tue May 10, 2022 1:53 pm

♡ forever cats ♡

forever cats, more commonly known as fcats, are a species of
handmade plush kittens, small enough to fit in the palm of your
hand with ease. they come in all sorts of colors, patterns, and
personalities, and make great companions! they are granted
life when their ribbon is tied, and as long as their ribbon stays
around their neck they will live, presumably, forever!

main page
xxxxxx

ive been pretty sick lately and this baby is inspired by all the blankets that have been keeping me comfy while im stuck laying down c:

the cherry and crocodile patches are based on my memory quilt made up of my baby clothes - the crocodile is the centerpiece of it, an old tshirt i got when i found out my sibling was going to be born nearly 20 years ago! the cherry is from one of my childhood dresses. the gray ear insides are from a soft queen blanket i impulse bought at a cvs. the paisley is based on my mom and dad's old bedspread that they gave to me when i moved in january - it always feels like the cold side of a pillow! lastly, the demigirl colored blanket is from a rough blanket that i bought at a local international shop because im finally comfy enough to start owning things that express myself c:

for this baby, they will be a raffle! i like raffles c:
to enter, please tell me your favorite memory associated with one of your blankets c:
ill take care of numbers!

ends may 15th

[nr] glass eyes, back bow, whisker edit
[c] tail edit

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]favorite blanket memory:[/b]
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: fcat #140 - memory quilt

Postby miraphoenix » Tue May 10, 2022 1:58 pm

username: miraphoenix
name: Comfort
favorite blanket memory: My stepmother's mother, who I consider my closest grandmother, is a quilter and has made quilts for around the last 60 years. When my parents got married, my grandmother made me a quilt to welcome me into the family (I was about 3 at the time). The quilt is of course sized for a little kid's bed, but I still have it, and it's gone all soft with age; the backing has orca whales on it, and the front has quilted ocean creatures! Every time I see it, I remember the feeling of being welcomed in, and having family who genuinely care about my well-being.
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Tue May 10, 2022 4:52 pm

username: Rosemoon
name: Squish
favorite blanket memory: My "blankie" (the baby blanket I still sleep with don't judge) was given to me by my brother Ryan when our brother Kegan and his old friend buried my original baby blanket in the front of the neighbors yard and I never saw it again. He felt bad for me and told me I could have this one and its basically the same exact one as my original, so it's been my favorite companion ever since. And they have a buddy, my little stuffed white cat "Cabbies". They HAVE to always be together, always. They cannot be separated otherwise I end up having nightmares. They are a team to help me sleep at night.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Tue May 10, 2022 8:37 pm

username: nio
    name: Hugs
    favorite blanket memory: i don't really have a memory with my baby blankie, but i still have it! i recently retrieved it from across the country and it's so comforting to hold again.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpiritWish » Wed May 11, 2022 5:57 am

username: spiritwish
name: Dino
favorite blanket memory: I don't remember much of my childhood blankie, but I do remember that it was handmade by my grandma and still holds a special place in my heart. It's shockingly still intact so I plan on passing it down to my children when I eventually have some.
SpiritWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Thu May 12, 2022 1:03 pm

username: rabbit...
name: Nix
favorite blanket memory:
    My favourite memory was how common some blankets are!! My sister and I have a very thick bear blanket that keeps me warm in the winter. When I went to a friend's house, she had the same blanket in a different colour! My other friends also commented that they had similar blankets and I thought that a neat little bonding moment.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {smug lemon} » Thu May 12, 2022 1:09 pm

username: {smug lemon}
name: Quilty
favorite blanket memory: my grandma used to crochet so many things; hats, gloves, socks, the works. but what i loved watching her work on the most were these massive blankets made of gradient yarn that changed color all the way down. they were so cozy and well stitched, and snuggling up in them is an excellent way to remember her memory <3
i don't use cs much anymore. number 1 N Harmonia lover‼️‼️
{smug lemon}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleSpud » Thu May 12, 2022 3:46 pm

username: LittleSpud
name: Monty
favorite blanket memory:
When I was about 4 or 5 I received a package in the mail from my cousin. This cousin I barely get to see and barely did at the time because she is about a decade older than me. In the package she wrote me a letter and had placed a blanket inside as well. The blanket was a deep green with two white horses on it and is fluffy. Apparently she heard that I loved horses and thought she would get me a long lasting blanket. I still have it today and still am using it as an adult as it is a full size blanket. It is also the only blanket I have consistently used since childhood as the others feel apart over time.
LittleSpud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Thu May 12, 2022 4:06 pm

username: Griff
name: Al
favorite blanket memory: It is not of mine or a blanket I owned, but rather that of a blanket my sister had when she was little. A small thing, it was a Barney blanket. But after my sister outgrew it, it gave my mom comfort and she would never fail to go to bed with it. Many a night when she fell asleep, we'd make sure she had it with her. ;)
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crazyclaww » Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 am

username: crazyclaww
name: Spudzy
favorite blanket memory: Not a specific memory, more just that I’ve had this small teddy bear themed blanket for years ever since I was little. I still try to sleep with it but it barely covers me lol! I’m just such a nostalgic dope, can’t help it. I think I’ll always try to find ways to use it
ImageImageImage
I'm Crazyclaww!
DMs and trades are always open <3
(check out my art stuff!)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Crazyclaww

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes