Parasite creature by Turo0

Artist Turo0 [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Parasite creature

Postby Turo0 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:02 am

second entry for this competition

This creature is a parasite, around the size of a thumbnail when it's air pocket is full. It fills it's air pocket with light gases it produces to allow it to float. It's skin is so thin it is possible to see though it making it as light as possible. It senses the CO2 of animals and proceeds to drop on one. It prefers big and easy to hit animals like moose, but can use a smaller host too if needed. It has four sharp claws that it uses to attach to the host when it lands. When landed and steady it empties it's air pocket to be harder to detect. Then it stings the host with small, sharp tube it has in the middle of it's claws. With that it lays it's eggs under the host's skin and then dies. The larva eat the host animal's blood and when grown up, dig their way out of the skin and fill their own air pockets to make the circle go on. The adult stage doesn't eat, just finds a host.
Finnish player 🏳️‍🌈 he/him. My birthday is June 15th!
Currently really looking for these pets for my collection! So consider trading me if you have any of them available!
ImageImageImage Image
Turo0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me