Beanie by hypersomn.ia

Based on Click to view
Artist hypersomn.ia [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Beanie

Postby hypersomn.ia » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:17 am

It was about noon on a Friday. Beanie had been scolded, yet again, for interrupting a supervisor. So, he ditched work for the second time that week to get some fresh air and sunlight. This time of year, the weather was too good not to get outside and go for a stroll. Maybe he'd call up a friend later and go to an escape room this weekend, but for the time being, it was all about the gorgeous weather.

Too bad the sun still sets early. Beanie had been resting his feet after a long walk, relaxing under a tree that had just started growing its leaves again. The evening sun dyed the sidewalk a golden yellow, and a chill was just starting to creep up on the town. "Oh yeah, it's Friday," he'd just remembered. Due to budget, he could only hit the arcade once a week. so Beanie had settled for Friday nights.

By the time he got there, the sun had just finished setting. A shadow was cast over the world, it seemed, leaving the sky a soft blue and pink. But that's not what Beanie had his sights on. He loved the warmth of day, but at night, he could admire those neon lights for hours. And that's just what he did when he first found this place when he was younger. He'd been with friends that day, and while they wanted to play the games, Beanie let them go ahead and just. Stared at the lights. He couldn't remember now if he ever tried the games that night.

Beanie stepped through the doors, and the place was alive with neon lights and blacklight reactive colors. Those floors still glowed as bright as they did five years ago, haha. His favorite part of the place were the bright pink lights which contrasted against dark walls. The same color could be found in accents across the whole arcade, in the floors, along the frames on some of the machines, and reflected off the countertops. Sometimes if Beanie had a bad day, he'd come here and just sit at a table and look at the lights. These pink neon lights were always here.

After a few minutes of looking around, and idle chatter with an employee who knew their regulars well, Beanie decided it was game time. First stop: Galaga.

my good boy! I need to draw him <3
hypersomn.ia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me