Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Happy 10 Year Anniversary~ by Fellefan

Based on Click to view
Artist Fellefan [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Happy 10 Year Anniversary~

Postby Fellefan » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:56 am

today marks my 10 year CS anniversary!
quite a crazy number, to think I've stuck around for a decade..

to celebrate I wanted to redraw the first drawing I did of Alice, using the same palette and style; toony look, black sketchy lines, minimal shading, and lots of bubbles! also thought it fun to try and make the blue bubble into two and sort of spell 10 with them haha.
this would have looked so much different if I had drawn it in my usual art program, but I wanted to go back to my roots and challenge myself. it was quite fun and frustrating to mess around with the tools!
Alice sure was something back then, just a normal brown and white fox with a crazy hairdo. gosh she really evolved into something much better ahaha!

I've learned so much from growing up on CS!
my digital art interest blossomed with the oekaki, I got a head start on learning english, and found so many friends thanks to the forums!
I have much to thank CS for, so thank you. ♥

Fellefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy 10 Year Anniversary~

Postby dwarjam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:42 am

congratulations on 10 years! so fun knowing we have known each other for nearly as long thanks to CS!
    as soon as I saw it pop up I though "huh, this is familiar".
    I really like how you used the old piece as a reference for same palettes and style! I nearly forgot this was Alice's original hair color.
- - - -
​​​​ᴠ​​​​​ᴀɪʀʏᴏ, ᴀ ᴏ

ᴀ ʜᴏᴍ ᴠᴀ ʏᴀ ʀᴀʏ

ᴠᴀɪʀʏᴏ, ᴀ ʀᴀʏ

ᴊᴇʀʜᴜᴍᴇ ʙʀᴜɴɴᴇɴ ɢ​​​​​​​​​​

- - - -

[ FR | TH ]
[ @dwarjam on other platforms ]

dwarjam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy 10 Year Anniversary~

Postby Fellefan » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:50 am

thank you ;u; and to you too! (though it was a few months back) it sure has been some time haha, kinda wish we also had an exact date for the beginning of our friendship.
the oekaki sure is something different, way I've found to go about it is to just doodle and not care what it looks like. if you have fun doing it, the result doesn't really matter! gives me that nostalgic feeling of where I'm pretty sure I did just that when making the original artpiece. and yes, her hair used to be quite something alright..
Fellefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me