Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Callaway Imps - Chapter 1; A New Outbreak by broker

Artist broker [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by broker

by broker

by broker

Callaway Imps - Chapter 1; A New Outbreak

Postby broker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:27 pm

ROLEPLAY THREAD ROLEPLAY DISCUSSION GENERAL DISCUSSION ARCHIVES

newcomer wrote:Callaway... Imps?

"... Oh, excuse me! I'm sorry yes- welcome to our humble abode! At Callaway we help Newlings adjust to their newfound abilities as Imps. Why humans have been randomly waking up as Imps, is beyond me! Why I remember five years ago when this happened to me it completely uprooted my life.. but on the upside; it did give way to a new one. One I find very fascinating and worthwhile..! I'm sorry- I could go on all day I'm afraid. Are you a Newling? Here, I'll help you get acquainted with our staff here." - ᴏʟʟɪᴇ

There has been a recent phenomenon going around where average humans, have been waking up as Imps! Some of the more curious individuals to develop this change have been looking into it, and have realized something being released in the air they breathe is causing the effects, and only effecting certain people. But where is this coming from, why is it happening, and why only to certain individuals? That's where the "Callaway" organization comes in. A safe house for confused, new imps, where they learn to get along while they develop their new found powers and try to figure this giant puzzle out.

Please read:

Yes you can adopt a design without being associated to the story/roleplay; in this case feel free to try for the adopt and then if you win it, make it your own character/create whatever story you want for it. (But if you ever want to come back and be a member, you're always welcome here!)

You can change your adopts outfit/have several outfits for your Imp, but you cannot change the physical appearance without exclusive permission. (message me if you have any questions or requests about an Imp)

Some information:

Imps have an automatic defense mechanism that hides their true features from humans. Newlings, however, cannot hide their features until they are familiar with their powers. (This can typically last anywhere between 2 weeks to 3 months) *Primary reason why Callaway was developed, to protect Newlings. Imps can see other Imps, Humans can't see Imps unless they're Newlings.

If a Newling have super powers, not only do they struggle more with hiding their features, it effects their emotional behavior as well until they have more of a grip on it. (Just think puberty x3)

DEFINITIONS:
    Newling: A human who has just transitioned to an Imp. (this period can last 2 weeks to 3 months, depending on how quickly they can learn how to control their powers/defense)
    Imp: A mythical creature who have one or more of the following characteristics: horns, forked tongue, slitted pupils, tail, colored skin, scales.
    Callaway: An organization developed to study the new phenomenon happening and to protect Imps.
    Super powers: A rarer development in some Imps where some have been reported to have the power to possess, telepathy, super strength, super speed, telekinesis, teleportation, and more to be discovered!
    Professor: At Callaway there are a select number of people who are dedicated to studying this phenomenon and invent new ways to manage it.
    Scout: Imps at Callaway who know how to manage their defense mechanism/powers. They're sometimes sent on errands or missions.

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights to the name "Imp" or to the general design I'll be using for this adoptable. Anyone is welcome to create a humanoid character with horns, tails, etc. for their own purposes.
Last edited by broker on Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:03 am, edited 25 times in total.
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

MEMBER LIST

Postby broker » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:27 pm

If you want to have your adopt involved in the story, fill out this form below to become a member (you're only eligible to be a member once you have a Callaway Imp) DISCLAIMER: You're not required to be involved, but if you adopt an imp from this center without signing up you will be excluded from main arc events until you become a member.

FORM FOR REGISTERING:

Code: Select all
    [color=#8C1179][b]I would like to be a member![/b][/color]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Callaway Imp:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] (Newling or Imp) ***Imp in this sense of the word is just someone who knows how to control their defenses and hide from people**
    [b]Backstory:[/b]
    [b]Comments?:[/b]

FORM FOR NEW IMPS: (when you're already a member, but have a new Imp to introduce)

Code: Select all
    [color=#8C1179][b]I would like to introduce a new Imp![/b][/color]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Callaway Imp:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] (Newling or Imp) ***Imp in this sense of the word is just someone who knows how to control their defenses and hide from people**
    [b]Backstory:[/b]
    [b]Comments?:[/b]

WHEN CREATING A BACKSTORY:

You are free to create whatever backstory you want! You don't have to make your Imp be apart of Callaways yet, or you can say they've been there for a few days or weeks etc. (You cannot exceed 3 months however**for plot purposes)

Use the Ollie trick as many times as you want. (Ollie is an Imp at Callaway who has created a handheld radar gun that can recognize the unique energy signature of Imps within a certain radius. He often goes on expeditions to try and discover any Newlings and bring them back to base.)

If you are using an official/existing Callaway Imp in the backstory, you must have written permission from the other owner & send it to my inbox before posting your form.(WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OLLIE***)

You can add "filler" characters (such as non-official Imps or humans) as long as they're not reoccurring characters in future roleplays. **THIS HOWEVER CAN CHANGE IF YOU APPLY THE FILLER CHARACTER TO A FUTURE ADOPT APPLICANT, AND WIN THE ADOPT**

Need help? Please feel free to ask on the discussion thread (see link in post above) or message me!

MEMBER LIST:

1. broker
    2. ɖɛɱơŋıƈ • ℘ơʂʂɛʂʂıơŋ
Last edited by broker on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Callaway Imps

Postby broker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:14 pm

I would like to be a member!

Username: broker
    Callaway Imp: Ollie
    Backstory: Ollie was transformed into an Imp five years ago, along with four other people in his local area. They managed to band together and figure out a way to manage their newfound abilities away from prying eyes in a secluded place, a cabin just outside of town. (This is where Callaway was born) He has been a professor/inventor of sorts ever since.
    Comments?: Ollie is helpful to a fault. He won't hesitate to reach out to a Newling, whether they're hostile or not. (He also use to be a biologist!)
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Callaway Imps - Chapter 1; A New Outbreak

Postby broker » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:04 am

Gentle bump. I've updated the main post with some roleplay related topics! I'm planning on creating a new Imp when I get off today. Thank you!
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɖɛɱơŋıƈ • ℘ơʂʂɛʂʂıơŋ » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:14 am

I would like to be a member!
Username: Demonic • Possession
Callaway Imp: Tirich
Backstory: Tirich grew up in an orphanage. He never had many friends, it just seemed most people could sense something was wrong with him. Well, figured out what on his 18th birthday. Today was suppose to be the day he finally got out of this hell hole, but he woke up to purple skin and horns. The other children woke up to find the already strange boy had turned into a monster. Tirich, afraid for his life as the others went and got the headmistress, felt a gentle hand on his shoulder and looked back to find his own shadow has seemingly come to life to comfort him. At first he screamed but the look of hurt his shadow gave him made him instantly regret the action. Not long after the headmistress came in with a phone in her hand, took one look at him, and pressed the dial number. Tirich feared he was about to be made some sorta research subject, since he had never heard of talk of others turning imp while in the orphanage. He couldn't hear what the headmistress was saying, but he felt the shadow curl around him almost protectively as he felt the eyes of the children burning into him. About an hour later a small group of strange men and women came to take him away. At first, he refused to budge from his spot in a corner, but one of the women approached him, and Inna gentle tone, coaxed him to go with them willingly. He had seen in the way she looked at him that she wasn't going to hurt him, and the rest of the group didn't seem that dangerous when he got a better look at them. As he walked to get in the van with them, he could hear them muttering softly and glancing, not at him, but at his shadowy companion walking behind him.
During the ride to his apparent new home, he fell asleep, only to be woken up who knows how many hours later by the soft shaking of his shoulders as someone roused him. It was the women from before, and he blinked up at her before she smiled kindly and said, “Welcome to Callaway, this is your new home.” As she said that, the van door slid open and he got his first glimpse at what his future now held.
Comments?: Hope that works. I want him to sorta start out as this, soft, shy, quiet boy but then progressively develop into someone with more confidence as he learns about his new found abilities and form.
Also, small side note but in the future, if anyone wants to make their imp from the same orphanage I wouldn't mind changing his backstory a bit to make them friends or enemies if someone wanted.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
━━━━━━━━━━━━
“ Crazy?
I was crazy once.
They locked me in a room, a rubber room.
A rubber room with Rats...
The Rats made me crazy.”

Trade - Auction - Old Friend

━━━━━━━━━━━━

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
---------------------------------
THAT THEY

credit

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ɖɛɱơŋıƈ • ℘ơʂʂɛʂʂıơŋ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~{Lazarus}~ » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:49 am

mark
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██
██
██
██
███████
███████

My Ciel
My Alois
My Sebastian
CREDIT

███████
███████
███████
███████
███████

━━━━━

WITH MY
EYES
WIDE
OPEN!!

━━━━━
~{Lazarus}~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broker » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:21 am

@ɖɛɱơŋıƈ • ℘ơʂʂɛʂʂıơŋ that's perfect :D welcome to the party! I love lil' Tirichs background awh, poor guy. :') Looking forward to see what else is in store for him.

also thanks for the mark!
broker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ɖɛɱơŋıƈ • ℘ơʂʂɛʂʂıơŋ » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:26 am

Tyty, I'm excited to see what's next.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
━━━━━━━━━━━━
“ Crazy?
I was crazy once.
They locked me in a room, a rubber room.
A rubber room with Rats...
The Rats made me crazy.”

Trade - Auction - Old Friend

━━━━━━━━━━━━

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░