Interest Check: McCarthy's Galebeast by bouanich

Artist bouanich [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Interest Check: McCarthy's Galebeast

Postby bouanich » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:26 am

A little lore and subspecies stuff!

Originally named Abbots-McCarthy Galebeast.
The McCarthy's Galebeast is a large, six legged mammal originally discovered in 1989 on a remote island now named Gale's Keep by Dr. Sadie Abbots-McCarthy and Eugene 'Gene' Abbots-McCarthy. Following their divorce in 2001, the Abbots-McCarthy Galebeast was changed to McCarthy's Galebeast and a subspecies of the McCarthy's Galebeast was renamed to Abbots' Galebeast as Eugene let Sadie take the credit.

Subspecies

Abbots' Galebeast: Slightly smaller than the McCarthy's Galebeast. Could pass as a McCarthy's adolescent if not for the lack of it's second pair of ears and it's longer tail. Discovered alongside the McCarthy's Galebeast in 1989. Originally named Roaming Galebeast.

Lesser Galebeast: The newest subspecies to be discovered and the smallest one to date. About the size of a mastiff. Lesser Galebeasts are often used as show-breeds due to their size, temperament and trainability. Preferred as a house pet more often than the Abbots' and the McCarthy's. They could be passed off as a McCarthy's pup or an Abbots' youngling. Discovered in 2014.

NOTE: if this gets some interest, I will be making art of both the Abbots' Galebeast and the Lesser Galebeast.
Last edited by bouanich on Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
๐‘๐”๐ ๐€๐–๐€๐˜ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡ ๐Œ๐„,
๐‚ ๐€ ๐• ๐€ ๐‘ ๐€ ๐ƒ ๐Ž ๐’ ๐’ ๐ˆ !
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ”€ โœฉ
hi, i'm lilah !! she/her , canadian (EST) , enfp-t 7w6
carrd / th / stats.fmtexttexttexttexttexttexttex โ‹†๏ฝกยฐโœฉ
bouanich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Interest Check: McCarthy's Galebeast

Postby Kayara » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:28 am

*interested i am
Iโ€™m Kay, and Iโ€™m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|โค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’–|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Interest Check: McCarthy's Galebeast

Postby chlorophyll » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:33 am

oh this is cool! i'd be interested!
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฆ๐ž,

โ”----------------------------------------------------โ”“-------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
โ”—----------------------------------------------------โ”›
๐ข '๐ฆ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ฏ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐!
--------------------โ™ช โ™ซ โ™ฌ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me