Keldine 292 by Pink Present

Based on Click to view
Artist Pink Present [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
45 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Keldine 292

Postby Pink Present » Sat May 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Here's my contribution to the staff kelds, hope you like them!

[nr] eye shape, brow shape, expression, extra polish
[c] hair above jawline
[uc] ear shape, thicker fur
[r] tail, extra scales, glow (flower seeds)
[uq] plant growth (can wither and regrow in different places)
[ch] halo

This is a limited impress me!
You may include max. 1000 words and 2 art pieces (no comics) plus you must tell me at least 4 sentences about their origin,
other than that go wild!
Gifs (of anything but the keldine)/song lyrics/headers etc do not count towards your word/art limit.
Origin sentences count towards word limit, feel free to include more than 4, it's all up to you!

Skeleton form;;
Code: Select all
username;;
name;;
pronouns;;
origin;;

Ends on the 8th 13th of June at rollover.
Prettying up is very much allowed!
In case of any questions/need for extensions feel free to PM me!
Last edited by Pink Present on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
    bb i'm not even here i'm a hallucination (rarley active)
    kels | plums | kals
Pink Present

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keldine 292

Postby jointedwishes » Sat May 30, 2020 12:23 pm

marking!!
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Sat May 30, 2020 12:24 pm

username;; DragonOfEmber
name;; Reincarnation - Rein for short
pronouns;; Fem
origin;;

Have you ever heard of the term Reincarnation? I am the embodiment of this, a being that never dies. I am not born like your typical Keldine; though I guess it’s fair to say I’m never truly born if I don’t truly die in the first place. My heart, though seemingly normal, is made of the shell of a seed. As I grow old in form, this shell hardens, cocooning this beating organ inside me, until eventually, all that is left is the seed of a flower in it’s place. Inside this newly formed seed, a smaller form of me grows, much like a plant stem, until eventually I am big enough to push apart the shell, and emerge a young Keldine once more.

This all started when I fell for the pretty words of a demon. Tempting me with immortality, I was too young and trusting to realize this blessing was a curse in disguise. Naive as I was, the world of magic wasn’t known to me, and I fell for her tricks. She’d made a deal with her keeper, that if she could tempt just one being into falling for immortality, her keeper would let her free. I was the unlucky soul who’d happened to be foolish enough to stumble upon her.

My name cam from her lips then, as she ran off; “The seeds of Reincarnation!”

Reincarnation.

Me.

I’d lived 6 life cycles since taking the magic seeds she’d handed me that day. I was growing weary, and it was quite obvious now that I was perhaps far too wise. I knew things I shouldn’t, and this scared others. Knowledge, as it’s said, makes one powerful. Upon reincarnation, new flowers will start to bloom on my skin, breaking through my fur like weeds. They glow faintly, as if a constant reminder of my curse. In truth, i don’t mind them; their soft scent is like a lullaby every night, relaxing even on the scariest of eves.

The witch hunt has started.

I’m to be burned at the stake; the crowds of men fear me and my knowledge. Women, they say, should not be so powerful. We should not be so strong, nor so smart. It is the first time I'd have suffered a death at the hands of others, and I am scared; If they kill me, it could mean a permanent death.

Men have started throwing stones at me as I pass. "Witch!" They scream as the rocks come flying, "Vengeful Witch! She'll turn the women against us! She's trying to summon the devil!"

They do not realize that demons cannot be summoned. No being has ever been successful; anyone who's tried has only cursed themselves. Truly, demons tend to stick to themselves - save for the one I met. Now, I've come to realize, I have to run if I am to truly survive. And it's not long before I do just that.

I've travelled deep into the forest, and can’t help but to notice i am lost. My intent was to run away from those who've hurt me, but it appears I've done myself no favours with this course of action. I know it's frivolous to fret now, since there is nothing I can do, but I can't help but feel there is someone else in this forest with me.

As I start tremble with anxiety, my heartbeat gaining speed, I trip. A tree's root caught my foot, and before I know it, I’ve tumbled right into a meadow I could have sworn wasn’t there a minute ago. Surprised, I look around to find creatures with pointed ears and long flowing hair looking back at me. I’m amongst elves, and they do not look pleased.

Last edited by justamindset on Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 18 times in total.
justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rogan » Sat May 30, 2020 12:25 pm

,,,,mark
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsugeist » Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Mark
x
shijo | he/him | taken
| ©

🍰 Male + enfj + scorpio.
🍡 I love my gf, jjba, persona, and nge!
🍰 Previously Yoshikage ^^
kitsugeist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby f1owercrown » Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 pm

OOOO MARK will do a hecc ton of coding
    probably a priestess unknowingly a witch with healing abilities? Chaotic abilities? Hmm
    believes she guards a temple where many frequent to send their prayers,, when in fact it’s the temple that guards her or something
    ┌──────────────┐

────────────────────
    flower · v soft · she/her
    ────────────────────
    I'd rather waltz than just
    walk through the forest.

└──────────────┘
      ┌──────────────┐

───────── ─────────
      v busy bee in postgrad.
      please do not ask to buy
      any of my characters, ty!

────────────────────
      about · kalons · tumblr
      skarmoury#9386
      ────────────────────
      icon · oc pixel · forest pixel
      ────────────────────

└──────────────┘
f1owercrown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopard_14 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:22 pm

username;; leopardspots142
name;; Aureola (halo in Spanish)
pronouns;; she/her
origin;;
Aureola comes from a family of flamenco dancers, in Spain. She is one of three children, and the youngest. She loves watching dancers, but she doesn’t want to be one herself, however it’s the family's tradition. All the women in her family have been dancers, her mother and father don't want her to be the one to stop tradition.

I needed some time to myself. All the preparations and practices were getting to my head, I needed to take a break. Running out of our house, I quickly made my way around to where we hung clothes to dry. I had discovered a path a while ago which my family didn't know about. I looked around to make sure no one was watching, and then leapt over the short gap onto the house next to ours. We were higher than their roof, so it was easy to land on top of the house. I had found out that if I was careful, I could land without alerting our neighbours that I was there.

I padded across the house and lowered myself off the side. There was a tree there which was strong enough to hold my weight. I felt my paws hit a thick branch and tested my weight before dropping my other paws, careful to make sure my tail didn't swing past a window. I climbed down the trunk and dropped into an alley. I weaved between the houses and headed down to the water. We were a seaside village, and there was a beach hideout only I knew.

I heard the waves before I saw them, and followed the smell of salt down the path. I turned left when the sand started, and followed the dunes down the beach. Most people walked right, because not long after going left the beach stopped in a rocky mound in front of a cliff. If you knew what to do, though, you could go further.

I reached the rocks and tested if the first one would wobble. Most of them were stable, but the occasional boulder would roll and trip you if you weren't careful. The rock held steady, so I pulled myself up and tested the next. Eventually, I made it to a rockpool surrounded by tall pieces of sandstone. I hopped up onto some granite, it went between the sandstone and hung over the shallow water. If I tried to enter over the sandstone, it might crumble and I could fall. I walked to the edge of the granite and lay down with my head and front paws over the edge, skimming the water with my claws. Watching my reflection, I noticed how the flowers on my body were all withered. They only grew when I was fine, and glowed when I was happy. The sight made me want to leave. Walking around the sandstone I came across the cliff face. Most people couldn’t get past this point, but if you looked closely, there was a gap in the cliff face.

Emerging into the cave system, I blocked the sunlight with my body and saw light coming from the left, confirming that the only other person who knew about this was here. Rounding the corner, I saw him sitting on a pillow, reading under a lantern we had hung from the ceiling.

"Hey," I called. The figure didn't react. "Kieran!" I said more forcefully, picking up a pillow sitting on a chair next to me and throwing it. It hit his head with an indignant "Hey!" as he over. Standing up, he glared at me. "What was that for?" He said angrily, picking up his book and inspecting the cover. "You weren't responding," I replied, walking over.
"What business do you have here, at this time of day?" I wondered out loud, sitting down in a chair by the wall.
"I could ask you the same question," he shot back.
"I'm here because my family is driving me crazy. "Aureola, go do this, Aureola, go do that." Just the usual, they want me to be prepared for the competition, they won't leave me alone so I left." I used a high pitched voice when imitating my parents, making Kieran chuckle.
"What about you?"
"Basically the same," he replied. "My parents won't let me quit the competition."
We had both been forced to register for the competition by our parents, they wanted us to uphold our family names but we both didn't want to dance for the rest of our lives.

We sat in silence for a while, but eventually Kieran said, "What if we just left? Left the town, traveled around Spain, maybe even the rest of Europe?"
It was something I had been thinking about, too. We both loved our families, but we were old enough to go our own way. Two best friends, traveling, with no limits or restraints. It sounded nice, and we agreed to meet the week before the competition.

It was time to leave. My bag was packed, and I had left a note on my bed, telling my parents not to worry, that I was traveling and would visit. I snuck out the same way I had when I had made the plans with Kieran, and walked down to the rockpool where I was to meet him. He wasn't there yet, so I sat by the pool, noticing how the full moon's reflection made the water look silver. A strange sort of contentment washed over me, I felt calmer and happier than I had in ages.

I heard Kieran arrive, and turned around to meet him. He was looking at me in shock. "A-Areola!" When I shot him a look of confusion, he pointed at the pool. "Look at your reflection."
I turned, and gasped. My halo had returned, and my flowers were in bloom, and glowing. It had been years since this had happened last. I let out a surprised laugh, spun to face Kieran and said, "Let's get out of here."

Word count: 1000/1000

To do:
Draw one more picture

Original post Speedpaint ~ Whoever wins is free to use this art! Just make sure to credit me; DA, TH and here is all leopardspots142.
Last edited by Leopard_14 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 13 times in total.
inactive- only leaving account for oekaki gallery
Leopard_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cakepopcat » Sat May 30, 2020 2:31 pm

[size=85]username;;
sagittariyote
name;;
Wisteria
pronouns;;
she/her
here's my origin story;;
I'm a mutant, born in a bunker. That's what everyone would call me; not that I minded it. It wasn't taken as something derogatory to me. I was blessed compared to my mortal counterparts, although I didn't realize how much of an importance that my mutation made me to my community and world.
My name is Wisteria. I was born after the solar flare hit, singeing the earth and deriving it from all life. That's what i've always been told since I was just a pup, living life blindly to what was outside of our solitude. I've never known what the world was like before the catastrophe struck. They would constantly leave, the other Keldines that I lived with. They would come back with supplies and different things we needed to survive. It was devastating, living in a world deprived of life. I would watch the other Keldines fall sick, or even worse, never return to the bunker. They were struggling to try and thrive.

I never got hungry much, which I found quite unusual. But I was very weak, I lived under artificial lights, which I always noticed gave me more energy than anything else. I didn't consume matter like the others; my body seemed to feed itself.
As I got older, I began to bud. My body began to grow it's own life, nutrients. My mutation, my flowers, my plant growth... It provided life in the wake of death. I was deemed a goddess by my family, my community and leader. When they realized how precious my life was, they began protecting it at all costs. I was considered a blessing. A chance for a new world. I wasn't allowed to venture out, and no one spoke of my power. If the word got out, we could be raided, or worse. I realized my significance, how important I was to helping keep my bunker mates alive. I cared about them. I wasn't allowed to leave as it was though; I had no choice but to stay.

There was nothing more that I wanted than to be able to leave my confinement. It was torturous, watching the others who were just like me be able to go out and see the light. Everything I assumed there could be there... others like myself. I heard their stories, I wanted to travel. I wanted to see it all. My favorite Keldine I lived with was Alduin. He would tell me stories of the outside world and I was always in awe of the things he would say. It all sounded so wonderful, especially the stories of what life was like before the disaster struck. Life like myself was common, instead of so scarce. I felt more connected with the earth, and myself.
As I grew older, I gained the ability to grow more. More energy for my counterparts. I could provide them with life, water, sometimes food. I was constantly feeling weak and drained... I felt wilted. I was proud of my purpose, but it was all I had ever known. I was confined to a life of artificial light and darkness, but it wasn't until quite a bit of time had passed had I realized I wasn't living at all.

I watched the other Keldines around me pass away. It was really hard noticing their age over time, and sometimes I would get nasty looks from the remaining friends and family around me. Me, their blessing, had become a pinnacle for their jealousy. I was more alive than they could ever be again.. and that was when I realized I wasn't dying like they were. I assumed I wasn't immortal, I just seemed to age slower. Even the younger Keldines, born after myself, seemed to be aging faster than me. I was confused and lost, and I felt like I was losing my entire purpose, and support system. I didn't feel genuine love from them anymore... not even Alduin. Now I wasn't sure if I ever even had.

Eventually it came to being just me down there. I stayed in the bunker for so long... that's what it felt like to me, anyway. I had never been able to correctly tell the time. I was surrounded by the dark, and at this point I only had myself. I was devastated at the loss of my friend and my family, even if they had shut me out in their last days. It was so lonely.
Although he had wronged me, I would still daydream about the stories Alduin told me. I woke up one day and I realized I was wasting my life away down here. It was my time to escape, leave, be free. It was crushing to me that it took them all dying to grant me freedom. But now, I was free. I had the ability to go wherever I wanted and be myself. I was ready.

Now, I am free. I'm here, living my best life. I have seen the world, the light, everything around me was just as they would say. It was astounding. I was bewildered by what I was being kept from, especially once I realized that the world wasn't a threat to me. They had only kept me their for their own selfish gain, but now I am free. I make a living for myself, and i've created a home for myself as well. Now that i'm at my full potential, I was able to come to terms with myself. I made the assumption my mutation was from radioactivity. I am made to live under the sun, to photosynthesize and be free. It can be draining, but I spend most of my energy and time recycling it into the earth and trying to grow back what was lost. I am protected by the earth herself, and I am considered a blessing by the few who I greet. I am trusted...
although know one really knows where I came from.
Last edited by cakepopcat on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
cakepopcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravenshadow17 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm

username;; Ravenshadow17
name;; Bel
pronouns;; she/her/her
origin;;

Bel is named after bellflowers, a beautiful purple flower that symbolizes affection and everlasting love.
Last edited by Ravenshadow17 on Sat May 30, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenshadow17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sat May 30, 2020 3:00 pm

username;; Griff
name;; Gaianne
pronouns;; She/Her
origin;;

A World Forgotten...
FF6 Main Theme

Barren. Silent. Dreary. These lands had long since been stripped of any life or energy. Those that remained were barely hanging on, usually with just enough of a spark to keep them alive but not much else. The origins varied depending on which Keldine you asked. Nuclear winter, stripped lands, magical catastrophe... nobody knew what had really happened. Nobody was left to remember. They only knew it had not always been like this from what the previous world had left behind, their paintings and books.

Gia was fascinated by all of it, that history, and it inspired her to have a thought that nobody in centuries had experienced: why not find the remnants of the old world? Seeds of life, any life, find them and plant them! Why, if she conserved food and water, if she was careful, surely she could find something and bring it back here! She wanted her pack to know what living was like. She wanted them to experience the viibrant world the books told her of. She wanted to see it too, with her own eyes and ears.

So Gia set out, determined to find SOMETHING. It seemed no matter where she went however, the world told the same story. Using all of her energy to search high and low, in water and lands, she still could not find a single spark or a seed to bring home. She began to hear voices as she grew weaker. 'Turn back...' they told her. 'Nothing remains here save death.'

She figured she must be losing it, as she spoke in return to the voices. She told them what she knew, what she hoped to do, why she could not turn back now. If she turned back, nothing would change. And this world, as dead as it was... everything needed to change. The voices grew louder the longer she searched, the further she went. As they grew louder, her own voice became weaker. Her steps were slowing, as were her thoughts.

And then one day her own voice was silent.

Remnants of a World Long Gone...
You're Not Alone

It was on that day a group of keldines the world had not seen for centuries emerged. A group that gathered aground the fallen Gia, with varying expressions. "We warned her," the youngest hissed. "We TOLD her to turn back..." It was clear he was distraught, as he began to pace. Ashes were left where he paced, drifting into the air.

"And yet, for the sake of a new world, she kept going. Even when she had to know she was..." The Keldine who spoke looked down at the fallen traveler, tears hazing their vision.

The eldest, a Keldine with but a skull visible for their face, spoke at last. "Our conflict led to the ruin of this world. I had believed it to fix to save it. But... perhaps..." They placed a hand over Gia's chest. "This world has no need for gods, anymore. No need for heroes, or villains. What it needs... is a voice. And a new chance." The other two Keldines regarded the eldest, head tilted. They understood.

"Yeah yeah," the youngest grumbled. "I ain't gonna miss it here. Maybe in the next world, we'll finally get it right." The ancient trip placed their paws on Gia's fallen form, each releasing their magic into her. "Don't screw this up like we did Kid." In a blaze, where three Keldines had stood beside a fallen one, now only remained a sleeping Keldine, being changed by the magic she now carried.

A New Path Created...
Hopes and Dreams Orchestrated

When she finally woke up, she realized she felt different. Looking over herself she paused, seeing the seedlings in her fur, the living flowers. Curious, she placed one of the glowing seeds in the ground before her, and gently sent a tiny bit of hope its way. Amazed and delighted, she watched as it began to bloom. This. This was how she could fix the world! But where had such power even come from? She could not remember! But she felt new, and she would make this world new as well.

And so she did, traveling to ensure the world became verdant and green again. She soon realized time held no power over her, and that she could feel and hear through the plants she left behind. She was the voice, the life, and the hope of this planet. If anyone tried to hurt things again, why she could show them a thing or three! She returned to her home, and there was seen for the goddess she had become. But, as she would one day find out, she was not alone in her status. But that was a story for another day and time.
Last edited by Griff on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me