Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

{ fel avis } : feylins by kivr & fireflii

Artist kivr & fireflii [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
44 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

{ fel avis } : feylins

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat May 02, 2020 12:44 pm

- welcome to the city of wealth -
currently... Spring has taken ahold of the land!

here is the discord link!! not mandatory but free place to make headcanons
https://discord.gg/2qNPtFd

[ welcome- information - MYOs - Events ]

[ artist search - myo board]

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ!

Fel Avis is home to a bipedal feline species called Feylin.
Controlled by a collection of aristocrats and the royalty above them, it is a bustling port city filled with chances wealth and dangers of crime.

staff
- winter & fireflii : jack of all trades
- ceance : discord prince

rules
- Do not spam or mini mod. Do not ask to be staff.
- Do not take a design that is not your's. Always credit
- Customs are limited and can be only commissioned with USD. please contact me @kivr#5261 on Discord.
- No limit of Feys you can own. However you may only own 3 that are above the High Class.
- Trade between Feys are fine, however you may not resell/gift.
There will be gifting events from time to time!
- All Feys have to stick with the given power, no more or less-
unless through an event they might improve or loose their power!
- 2 warnings, after that is a ban and your Fey will be readopted.
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Mon May 04, 2020 5:47 am, edited 18 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

INFO

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat May 02, 2020 12:45 pm

power

- All citizens of Fel Avis receive a gem that they channel draw their power from. It can be bought from a (reliable) magic store, or passed on as a heirloom.
- The powers of them gem varies depending on the quality and the size, however, the innate power of the individual is always the basis of one's magic.
- If broken, their powers will greatly diminish, but not completely disappear due to their natural affinity with magic.
- If lost (which happens from time to time - gems have great value in the black market), the Fey will not be able to wield any magic. Their magic will continue to be channeled through the lost gem, but they themselves won't be able to use it because it's likely being used by another that is holding onto it. It is recommended then, to seek a mage powerful enough to cut off your magic from the gem by proxy.
- In rare cases, with a heft amount of training and natural ability, one could possibly extend their powers beyond what was given at birth.

in terms to a stronger vs. weaker magic.... and just in terms to magic power in more detail:
I don't really like the word 'stronger' or 'weaker' because so many powers are niche and specialized - so it really depends on your definition of one? like... if you mean physically dominating magic vs like a mental magic vs healing magic,,, etc what the higher class has an advantage over is the concentration of magic in their blood - there is a reason why a lot of people choose to stay within their class for marriage/ socialization and mainly to make sure their blood line continue/maintain to have as high percentage of magic possible. The higher percentage of magic allows them to usually maintain their magic for a longer time or at a bigger capacity, and at very rare times a chance of manifesting an ability to dabble in more unique/dark arts(usually taboo,,,) but this only appears only in like very old aristocrat houses or royalty.
Anything that would control the flow of world building,, such as time manipulation (in its broad interpretation) would be out of range unless royalty and even at the royalty level, it would have to be more concentrated / focused in a specific area / variated
such as being able to see into the future, see the past or stopping time for a limited time (something like this would have a caveat, like losing their life force the longer the time is stopped)

I ask everyone to have more specific powers than just the general 'fire' wielding - whether it is to form a specific shape like an orb / weapon/ effect (fire for damage? fire for just warmth/light - doesn't hurt to touch or fire?) just so there is a more clear idea of what can be established with the Fey's magic

class

There are 4 classes. The Royalty and Aristocrats are seen above the class and the outcasts are outliers of the system.

Feylins does NOT have a 'traits' system, however most physical mutations (wings, extra limbs, completely different animal parts...) are not allowed. If you have any questions about a specific trait, just ask on this thread!

Outcasts - The ones too poor and mainly rely on illegal terms to make a living.
It includes but not limited to thieves, pirates, conman, and criminals.
Lower Class - Most city folks, labor workers, artisans, any jobs requiring a certain physical skill.
Middle Class - Sought after by majority of the public and jobs that pay relatively well. Such as physicians, teachers, and any jobs that would usually be in lower class - but serving the aristocrats or the royalty.
Military Class - Many in this class works under a specific 'House' of Aristocrats or Royalties. However, it is not uncommon to see independent/contractors. This includes the Royal Guards, Army, Navy, Mercenaries and so forth.
High Class - The ones with land, usually with old money. Ranges from landowners to business owners, often invited to parties of the Aristocrats. Also includes any religious roles serving the royalty.
Aristocrat - Serves the royal court, owns smaller provinces within the empire. Lives in wealth and often doesn't have any role beyond their position in court. Aristocrat houses have risen and fallen with time.
Royalty - Royal blood. Owns the lands of Fel Avis. Fel Avis is under a matriarchy rule.

world

Katius is a capital port city located in the eastern shore of the Fel Avis empire. As the capital, the royal court and the castle is all located within the city. The world is set in a time before what would be called the 'industrial revolution'. Candles light the city at night and while there still is a sewer and water system, it is crude and generally the less privileged has to pump water manually. The class divide is prominent, and it can still be quite hard to travel upwards unless you choose to become part of the Military class.

Because of the strong concentrated magical abilities within the royal blood, romance outside of their level is forbidden by tradition. Although not as potent as the royals, the aristocrats are also known to stay mingle themselves to carry their House's power and reign over their regions. There has been rare cases of them marrying into a lower class, but unfortunately, their stories are hidden in shame by the House.

Surrounding the vicinity of Katius, sand and rock decorates the view up until the endless horizon. However, there are many traders still crossing the desolate and unforgiving land to sell and buy trinkets and goods from the city.

Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Mon May 04, 2020 7:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

MYO : currently open!

MYOs

All MYO Feys have to be approved by me in order to be accepted as an official Feylin.

You may commission artists, claim artist entries, or draw the MYO yourself!

+ You are only allowed to hold 1 FREE MYO at a time.
Once your free MYO has been approved, you may try again to grab a slot again!
+ You can only buy 1 purchasable MYO per opening! (exempting the free MYO)
Please only send the payment AFTER I approve your form!

MYOs of Lower Class is Free. However, the slots are limited and they are FCFS.

MYOs of Middle Class and Military Class is sold at a flat price FCFS.

MYOs of High Class is only auctioned off one at a time.

Outcasts, Aristocrats, and Royalty are only available as Customs or Regular adopts.

Currently Available MYOs

all gone,
come back later!
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sun May 03, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

EVENT

Grand Opening Event!

write write write write
soon to come ty
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sat May 02, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

How set in stone are the different classes?

Outcast usually means they usually belonged to a specific class and has been 'casted out' so.. it'd be near impossible to raise back in class unless they moved completely elsewhere - where no one would know who they are or recognize them. And most outcasts are wanted criminals, so the royal guards would be actively seeking them out to put into jail and/or take to court. After serving time and/or receiving their sentence etc,,, they may slowly be accepted back into the class system by abiding by the laws again - but people likely... be really wary of them or discriminate them still.

Lower class being able to move into middle class is much more feasible - however it'd take a lot of work in terms of making connections and being talented in their job enough to be recognized by the high class + slowly gaining respect and traction by being just really good at what they do... the old way

As mentioned for military class - a lot of lower classes choose to go into military service because it immediately gives them a higher standing in society / more power as a rule enforcer.

High class and up, it's near impossible to rise into those since it's basically well known families holding onto their lands or positions where it's continued on by lineage vs give it to a lower classed worker on the other hand... going down in class is much easier than going up lol. One can be born into a high class, but choose to be a teacher or doctor for the public (which is more often held by a middle class). Most people they interact aside from their family would be of middle class and lower, so generally they'd just kind of merge into that?

Aristocrat that's kicked out of their household for whatever reason (affair? disobedience? clash of beliefs? etc) maybe be stripped of all support and money - so while they aren't an outcast (well unless they did something illegal like... planning a coup or something), they'd likely fall down into high or middle class depending on what they can scrap together or do for a job to support themselves.

Could a Lower Class Fey have fancier clothing?
Yes! Especially if they work as a maid or any other labor required jobs for aristocrats or at the castle! or if they work at a jewelry shop etc.. the clientele is for the high class
so you'd imagine they dress appropriately : )
even if they are low-class it doesn't necessarily mean they are poor/raggedy hah a

Could the Fey have like fantasy-esque pets?
I mean they already wield magic so I'm ok with any fantasy / made up creatures as long as they aren't like... planet destroyers LOL
or just too powerful like that and can make it believable that a Fey can tame the creature. Just use common sense in terms of what they could own as a pet in their property.

Can they have horns?
Not for any class under the High Class? In rare cases they might appear if it relates to their magical ability or manifest as part of their magic (For classes above High Class)

Can Feys be non-binary/genderqueer?
They can identify as whatever is comfortable for them.

What's medicine like?
There are healing magic Feys that usually go in to the medical roles! But for a simple runny nose or a scratch, the home remedies would be more traditional based. Think flowers/plants/herbs etc more eastern based medicine than west.

Are Feys all just slender?
It's just my art style that I drew them in - if you want to draw them more buff / round / tall / short etc that's fine!

What's the brush setting for the lineart?
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Tue May 05, 2020 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved + 1

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat May 02, 2020 12:46 pm

go forth... lets make tons of headcanons and rp...
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sat May 02, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Sat May 02, 2020 12:47 pm

mmmark
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: u can mark if u want :3 c

Postby SaltyBirb » Sat May 02, 2020 12:47 pm

mark!
Last edited by SaltyBirb on Sat May 02, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sat May 02, 2020 12:48 pm

marking

Re: u can mark if u want :3 c

Postby Placebo » Sat May 02, 2020 12:48 pm