The Fair Folk

"The Fair Folk" by Imbion

Dressup entry

The Fair Folk

Postby Imbion » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:18 am

They say that nature is a kind mistress. They say that humanity has separated itself from her grace, and robbed itself. They say that the faeries in the woods are gentle though mischievous creatures, that bring upon grand boons upon those who seek their guidance.

They have, however, forgotten about the fair folk.

Say what you must about their existence. Say that they are just mere tales made up by young societies to explain their fears. That does not mean their fear is ungrounded. The wilderness is a wild and bleak place. Humanity built themselves within walls to protect themselves for a reason - be it the walls of a wooden shack or the stone walls of a city.

The fair folk do not dance in the garden for fun and help grow flowers. The fair folk do not appear to dance in the circle of mushrooms to put on a beautiful display. They take. They steal. They abduct people from their homes for their purposes. Those who come back are forever changed.

They are fair folk. Harsh mistresses. Always listening for our opinions. And they are the reason why the walls are built.

Humanity has just grown nostalgic for the "good ol' days". They forgot about the bad parts of it, though, and they forgot why they built the wall in the first place. They forgot why they created their own world.

Their own world may bring up harsh problems, but it is a better world than the one ruled by the fair folk.
Eᴠᴇʀʏ ғɪɢʜᴛ ɪs ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ ғɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ.
Do not give up, my friend.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bored artist and writer. A complete nerd for lore.
Probably quite tired at the moment.
artspam | ???

Imbion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me