Artist saturnus [gallery]
Time spent 6 days
Drawing sessions 4
117 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

staff kalon | whole wheat bagel

Postby saturnus » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:35 am

w/o accessories

we got a gluten king
happy thanksgiving everyone hope you guys are eating well today!!
i had a lot of fun with a wheat theme!! i intended to do a more neutral brown color scheme but it turned out really intense uh oh
i hope it still sorta resembles a whole wheat bagel?? kinda

edits:
[nr] skinny, sclera
[s] shine, claws
[c] fur, tail
[uc] tongue, pupils, ears

prompt:
this kal seems to be hiding a dark secret that theyll guard to the death. what is it?

the word limit is 300
2 extras allowed

extras can be an additional 200 words
comics are not allowed

prettying up is a-ok

Code: Select all
username:
kalon name:
secret:

ends december 19th, 11 pm PST
small extensions will be given if requested :3

Edit: extended to december 22, 11 PM PST

congrats to:
76heart
Last edited by saturnus on Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
saturnus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: staff kalon | whole wheat bagel

Postby fūi » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:36 am

username: mochii - tes
      kalon name: celeste .... or is it?
      secret: good ol' switcheroo!

rai just kept laughing, and laughing.
      "w...what do you mean your leaving?? haha...that's.. that's a funny joke." he stared back at his twin, who looked identical to him. he couldn't believe the stupid words coming out of his mouth. "no one 'leaves' this place. we were born here, we work here till we're no longer needed. those fancy...4th..3rd floorers don't care what happens to Workers like us! all we need to do is fix their pretty machines - and now you have this great idea to just leave...!.... oh god - celeste .... you're leaving with him, aren't you?"

celeste glanced down, his eyes beginning to tear up. but then they shot back up, a strange passion rai had never seen before. " don't you see?? this is my chance to break out of this,, this hell! i don't have to love him, but if he loves me he can take me away to the next level of The Sphere! He's from the 3rd floor-"

"Who cares? Who cares what floor he's from. You will always be a Worker. Stop having these stupid dreams of seeing the outside world-"

slap

Suddenly, a stinging pain was laid on his face. Rai stood there, stunned. His feet ached from standing all day, his hand winced from all the cuts, his arms ached from carrying gear after gear. But this hurt the most.

" I'm not stupid... you are. "
      "Wow...how mature."
      "I'm serious Rai! You're stupid for not seeing an opportunity when it's right infront of you."

"Opportunity? How? All i see you is getting a one way ticket to be some pretty little thing for some 3rd floor prick and I'm the one whose stuck here, working my ass off fixing pipes and gears not just for me, but for every person in the Sphere! Just like every Worker has for the past hundreds of years! "

It was true. The world they lived in, money didn't exist. The whole point was that, everyone did their part in order to help everyone succeed. The Sphere - a community set on creating a self-regulating world. It can fix itself, and keep the cycle moving. Except, that idea was complete bull.

At the very center of The Sphere, was where the Workers lived. They built, fixed, and tended the gears that rotated the day and night cycles. They distributed water through the whole Sphere with pipes and tunnels, farmed food, and more. Money wasn't a motivation, it was all simply the will to live. Workers knew if they ever simply stopped, they'd all die. Simple as that.

everything was artificial. the sky, rotated with the help of machinery. the stars at night? cameras and lights. rai hadn't realised he had been unconsciously looking up, shoulders slouched. he wondered what real stars looked like.

"-switch places with me"

"Uhuh....wait what?"

"Were you not listening?! I said once I leave, this is your chance to move up too! In...a sense. Sigh ... listen Rai. You can take my place within this realm. Use my,, cough other connections and maybe that can be your way to get out of here too! Or just for now - cover me! After today, Celeste is gone, and you can go back to ...'Rai'. But just for today, see how it feels to be in my shoes. Haha, maybe you'll like it. " Celeste has a small smile on his face. Rai just shook with anger.

"You are my brother...and I love you... but,.." Rai gripped Celeste's shoulders, he tightened his grip and stared right into his twin's eyes - feeling like it would be the last time they ever crossed paths. "I have never been so disgusted by your actions. I will not let someone else carry my destiny. I am a Worker. I will create my own path, just like our ancestors have. If i ever move up - it'll be thanks to my own hands." Releasing celeste, Rai took a step back. "Because I love you... I will do you this favor. I will become Celeste... for now."

In a way, Rai was gone and Celeste was...still here. But one day, Celeste will be gone too, and Rai will return, with his own strength.

[699/700]

Last edited by fūi on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fūi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:36 am

username: bed time ✧ kalon name: solomon ✧ secret: [245/300]

"who are you really?"

he turned around slowly and his expression grew dark.

"it doesn't matter."

"it doesn't matter."

tears welled up in the young boy's eyes. he grasped his brother's hand tighter, only for it to be shaken out of his grip angrily.

"please kade," solomon sobbed. "please tell me where they are."

"i said it doesn't matter!" kade snapped, whipping around.

solomon flinched and jumped back. the little boy trembled in fear of the unknown.

"i just want mama," solomon whimpered. "where's mama?"

"she's dead, sol," kade growled. "how many times do i have to tell you?"

"i don't believe you!"

"well you better start believin' me!"

solomon curled up, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging them. in the back of his mind he knew his mother was gone, but he didn't want to believe it for one second.

"you're such a bother."

"you're such a bother."

the officer laid a tight grip on the child's shoulder and guided him towards the police car. solomon was screaming, hot tears streaming down his face.

"I DIDN'T KILL MY MAMA!" he wailed.

kade watched from the front door, emotionless. he had killed mama.

"i killed her,"

"and you can't tell anyone, got it?"

solomon nodded, his eyes watery. he didn't want to anger his brother even more.

"i killed her,"

his throat was dry, and his chest hurt. solomon couldn't make eye contact with anyone except the floor.

"i-i killed her," he repeated.
Last edited by epilogue on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aeryn » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 am

Mark
━━━━━━━━━
SILENCE
━━━━━━━━━

SPEAKS
─── w h e n
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FAIL.❞
▬▬▬▬▬
┌───────────
hello i'm aeryn, i'm a digital
artist and i'm very active on
cs so feel free to pm me.

└───────────
ImageImageImageImageImage
Aeryn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:41 am

username:

DragonOfEmber

kalon name:

Minnoe

secret:

The roaring chants of the spectators echoed around the large room, ringing in Minnoe's ears for her to knock out her opponent. The tension in the ring brought about a sense of hatred within her, the screams only fuelling her hate for the one who caused the whole thing.

She'd been a teen when she first got recruited, though she was only here to pay off a debt. A few years prior, Minnoe had gotten herself into a street fight, leading her to slam an opponent into a million- dollar custom built Lamborghini belonging to a fighting ring owner - The car had gotten dented. Now she was fighting her way to freedom, wanting out of this debt she owed.

"Upper cut!" The crowd screamed, cheering her on like the bloodthirsty people they were. The one rule was no headshots - every fighter here had a life outside of the ring - and the crowd knew this, yet they pressed on anyways. They didn't care if a fighter lost their job to a face full of bruises, they just wanted blood.

Gods, what Minnoe wouldn't do to be able to tell someone she was part of the ring; if she told, she'd have a bounty on her head. Unpaid debts did not go without major punishments in this city. She was stuck being black and blue. At least her opponents looked worse.

With a heavy sigh, Minnoe took a swing, knocking her opponent to the ground in a swift punch to the stomach. Victory was once again hers.

[258/300]

Image Credit
Full image
Last edited by justamindset on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 9 times in total.

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faunsie » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:41 am

mark!
feel free to call me aero or aeth!! || they/them
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Working full time! Sorry for any long wait times. Feel free to
message me with any questions! My discord is 'faunsie'.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WiltedLovers » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:41 am

username: Sweet Dreams Always
kalon name: Sienmu
secret: I secretly allergic to gluten, but can not let others know..
Last edited by WiltedLovers on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
║░░████
║░░████
~She- Her - Adult !!
~ Self-taught artist <3
~ Full time CNA

═════════════════════════════
Image████████████████░░░░██

‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

███
░░░
░░
██
▀▀
Kals - link 2
link 3 - link 4
link 5 - link 6
───────┘
WiltedLovers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumixlily » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 am

marking <3
im in love with alto flute and im here to spread the word
lumixlily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 am

Mark!

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emrys » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:43 am

username: creativeuser
      kalon name: Ryker
      secret:
      The god of nature is what he is known as, but only his mother Rhena, the goddess of plenty, knows who his real identity is. His birth father was the former titan of plague while his birth mother was the goddess of panic. Titans do not care for anyone but themselves, their offspring usually the product of their desires to consume the power of a being stronger than themselves. When Ryker was born, he had no powers of his own and was essentially a mortal with the lifespan of a titan. His parents cast him aside to Earth, where Rhena found him crying in a field of wheat. When she consulted the Oracle to find out who his parents were, she vowed to protect and care for him. Titans were not liked in any realm, so the identity of his real parents would have to remain unknown, even from himself.
Last edited by emrys on Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

alex | asian american | she/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trades ۰ fr ۰ pfq ۰ dv ۰ ©
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[★] personal archive | [☾] dreamies/goals
emrys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups