Benji

"Benji" by Minibot

Dressup entry

Benji

Postby Minibot » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Benji was just at the age where trick-or-treating was becoming highly uncool. Everyone at his school was holding Halloween parties instead of going out for candy, and if he had had any friends, Benji would have taken any invitation to a party just to escape the possible teasing were he seen out on the street with his family on the 31st. Alas, Benji did not get a single invitation to even the smallest, lamest party. As it got closer to the end of the month, it occurred to him that he could just have his own "party" at home, watching movies and handing out candy to youngsters. He began to brainstorm a costume, wracking his brain for what possible pieces he could have at home that still fit him.

He dug through boxes of old clothes and managed to scrounge up a wizard hat and staff from an elementary school play. A moth-eaten shawl worked nicely as a base for a cloak, and Benji had the bright idea to create a patchwork of fabric scraps for the remainder. He rummaged for a sewing needle and thread, and found a strange black box labeled "sewing supplies" he was sure the family had never had. It was, however, exactly what he needed, so he opened the box.
Inside were several needles and colors of thread, as well as other simple sewing supplies. However, the box also let loose a cackling scream, and a being seemingly made out of shadow flew out and grabbed onto Benji's makeshift costume.
"SO, what's this garbage?" it said, or perhaps yelled, but its voice was too small to tell.
"That's my Halloween costume. I'm just going to hand out candy at home, so it doesn't have to be that good," Benji replied, slightly ashamed.
"THAT won't do at all," the creature muttered. "YOU are going out for Halloween, and we are going to get free candy, and we will have FUN."
Benji looked at the shadow in shock. "I can't be seen out there. Everyone at school will laugh at me tomorrow."
"If you're THAT worried, I can take you on a SPECIAL ROUTE."
"I don't know why I should trust you...but if I'm allowed to go out alone on Halloween, then...maybe. We'll see."

Two very short weeks passed, and suddenly it was October 31st. Benji wriggled into his awkward makeshift costume and and managed to choke out a request for his mom to let him go out alone. She barely got out an "okay honey, stay safe and text me where you go-" before he ran out the door, trying to shove the shadow creature into his empty candy bucket.
"So, where are you taking me?" Benji said quietly, trying to see if anyone who knew him was out yet.
"AH, now, just take a left on Shade Street, and you'll find a LOVELY place to get some SERIOUS candy," the creature said with a smile.
Benji wasn't familiar with a street by that name in his neighborhood, but he turned a corner and suddenly there it was. It was blanketed by a thick purple fog, and lit by jack-o-lanterns where streetlamps would be. Every house was decorated to the max, and massive bowls of candy were laid out on porches. The shadow clapped with excitement and sent a small gold flame to light the end of Benji’s staff. “THERE we go...just making sure you have that WOW factor,” it mumbled to itself, trying to calculate the best route for the most candy.
Benji rolled his eyes at the overenthusiastic creature, but he tentatively walked up to the nearest house and knocked on the door. His mumble was almost drowned out by the excited exclamation of his shadow friend -
Trick or Treat!

Hello! I'm Lucas,
but you can call me Bot
if you like. I love video games,
cartoons, and robots, among
many other things.

I'm not too far into the social
aspect of this site aside from
the occassional forum game or chat.
I mostly focus on collecting pets I like,
and collecting items to dress them up with.
I won't bite if you want to strike up a
conversation, though - I just
might be a bit awkward.

I send out random gifts sometimes!
No need to send anything back - in fact,
I'd prefer you pay it forward!
Minibot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes