Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

gorgonopsid concept doodle by Nebelung

Artist Nebelung [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

gorgonopsid concept doodle

Postby Nebelung » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:49 pm

soooo i decided i love these and i may or may not have decided to make a few of these babs.

gorgonopsia is a genus of "mammal-like reptilians" boasting elongated canines and several mammal features such as skull shape, scent glands, and possibly fur or hair. they are actually not reptiles at all, but are synapsids, which are a group of animals that include mammals and other animals that are more closely related to mammals than birds and reptiles. gorgonopsids are theriodonts, which is a group also shared by mammals, however they do not have any extant (living) relatives. these animals (some species ranging from the size of a dog to that of a tiger), alive before even dinosaurs roamed the earth, were the apex predators of their time. but sadly they were all wiped out, along with roughly 70% of terrestrial life and over 90% of aquatic life, during the Permian-Triassic extinction event known as the Great Dying.

anyone familiar with Walking with Monsters or Primeval may have seen these babies before. ;3c

enough of the nerding tho and onto the fun.

what if these babies never really went extinct? better yet, what if they were brought back in some Jurassic Park situation and bred for their distinct "mammal-like reptilian" markings?

essentially what im curious about is if anyone would be interested in loving this species with me :3c

she | adult who fails at adulting | engaged ♥
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: gorgonopsid concept doodle

Postby Nebelung » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:19 am

finished~

she | adult who fails at adulting | engaged ♥
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: gorgonopsid concept doodle

Postby Eleya » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:44 am

I just stumbled over this... and it is so amazing T.T
Seriously, I love it <3 probably because I also loved Primeval <3

I just thought Id let you know. Sorry if Im annoying...
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me