Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

p much my first oekaki by bookshelf

Artist bookshelf [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

p much my first oekaki

Postby bookshelf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:29 am

soo basically this was hard and i can't figure oekaki out lmao my trackpad is crying
x

-----------------------------

adult, college student, she/her

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: p much my first oekaki

Postby TheForumFairy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:56 am

Looks great to me. ^^ Without the shaky trackpad lines it would be pretty awesome. ;D
TheForumFairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 am

theforumfairy wrote:Looks great to me. ^^ Without the shaky trackpad lines it would be pretty awesome. ;D

thank you!

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:50 am

this is super cute!! ♥♥

Your hand must be so steady because your lines aren't that shaky! I can give you a tip to get rid of the 'shaky lines' and your work will become more advanced...When you are in your oekaki go to the 'Tool Options' palette and at the bottom of the palette there is a bar that says 'Smoothing: 0%". If you increase the smoothing, your lines will not be shaky regardless if you use a trackpad, mouse or tablet. Though the higher the smoothing the slower the 'brush' will follow your finder or mouse pointer.

My best advice for oekaki is to not be afraid to experiment with the many tools and the many options each tool has on it! If you have any questions shoot me a PM, I'm always open to talk and help out!
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bookshelf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:21 am

JerseyDusk wrote:
this is super cute!! ♥♥

Your hand must be so steady because your lines aren't that shaky! I can give you a tip to get rid of the 'shaky lines' and your work will become more advanced...When you are in your oekaki go to the 'Tool Options' palette and at the bottom of the palette there is a bar that says 'Smoothing: 0%". If you increase the smoothing, your lines will not be shaky regardless if you use a trackpad, mouse or tablet. Though the higher the smoothing the slower the 'brush' will follow your finder or mouse pointer.

My best advice for oekaki is to not be afraid to experiment with the many tools and the many options each tool has on it! If you have any questions shoot me a PM, I'm always open to talk and help out!

ooh okay neat! i knew there had to be a feature like that but i didn't know what i was called. thank you <:

bookshelf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:33 am

Ah this is great! Yep smoothing is a lifesaver, heheh! I usually keep it somewhere around 55-60%. I agree, i definitely learned a lot just by randomly messing around with things. c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me