E116 - candy cane bark by Areater

Based on Click to view
Artist Areater [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

E116 - candy cane bark

Postby Areater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:41 am

happy holidays! this lovely little girl is based off of candy cane bark! i've decided that she'll be a tiered raffle: feel free to fill out as much or as little of the form as you'd like! you'll get extra tickets for each question/prompt that you do, but just by posting the basic form you'll get a ticket. each prompt can be done with art and/or words, and the more effort you put in, the more tickets you can earn c:

Code: Select all
[i]merry christmas![/i]
[b]username --[/b]
[b]name --[/b]
[b]sex --[/b] female

[i]everything from this point on is optional! each question will earn you one or more tickets based on how much effort/time you put in. good luck![/i]
[b]what's your favorite holiday song?[/b]
[b]guess my favorite holiday song![/b]
[b]show me your favorite holiday gif![/b]
[b]if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?[/b]
[b]say something nice about a buttermilk community member![/b]
[b]say something nice about a buttermilk staff member![/b]

[b]what is this buttermilk's favorite part of the holiday season and why? [p][/b]
[b]what is this buttermilk's favorite festive treat and why? [p][/b]
[b]is this buttermilk spending the holiday with anyone important to them? [p][/b]
[b]did this buttermilk get or give any special gifts this year? if so, what gifts? [p][/b]

[b]personality --[/b]
[b]if this buttermilk could have any superpower, what would they pick and why? [p][/b]
[b]if this buttermilk could visit anywhere in the world, where would they go? [p][/b]
[b]who is this buttermilk's best friend? tell me about their friendship! [p][/b]
[b]what is this buttermilk's catchphrase?[/b]
[b]what quality does this buttermilk value the most?[/b]
[b]what is this buttermilk's greatest fear? [p][/b]

[b]extra art/writing --[/b]

how much each section is worth:
basic form -- 1 ticket
simple questions/requests -- 1 ticket
my fav. holiday song -- 1 ticket, 2 tickets if guess one of the runner-ups, 3 tickets if guess my absolute favorite!

any prompts -- prompts are denoted by a [p]! if there's no p, then it's just a regular 1-ticket question.
art --
sketch: 1 ticket
+ color: 1 ticket
+ additional characters: 1 ticket per character
clean lines: 2 tickets
+ color: 1 ticket
+ shading and/or highlights: 1 ticket
+ background: 1-5 tickets (depending on complexity!)
+ additional characters: 2 tickets per character

writing --
1 ticket per 50 words!

end date: january 2nd, 5:00 cst -- please ask if you need an extension!
Last edited by Areater on Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: E117 - candy cane bark

Postby Areater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:42 am

i had to write this up in a short amount of time so let me know if i made any mistakes! unfortunately the timer is totally accurate because i tried a lot of things before deciding to go simple.
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:22 am

merry christmas!
username -- Evils
name -- Dinara
sex -- female

everything from this point on is optional! each question will earn you one or more tickets based on how much effort/time you put in. good luck!
what's your favorite holiday song?
I personally like "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch" sung by Jordan Smith.
guess my favorite holiday song!
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"?
show me your favorite holiday gif!
if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to the Great Barrier reef! It's a huge dream of mine to one day work on a coral conservation project there!
say something nice about a buttermilk community member!
Even though Scissors is more of a recent member to the community, they were so excited to get their first moo! They're an incredibly amazing friend and I enjoy talking to them. No matter how down I'm feeling, they always seen to make me smile, and I thank them greatly for that ^v^<33
say something nice about a buttermilk staff member!
Juicebox is very patient and kind and I thank them for that. Their designs are beautiful and I also thank them for being such a great oekaki moderator on the site!
what is this buttermilk's favorite part of the holiday season and why? [p]
Dinara loves to just relax and drink eggnog with her friends while they all watch the snow fall. She enjoys it because while it isn't something huge, she knows that everyone can just be at peace for those few hours as tgey just chat about anything that comes to mind.
what is this buttermilk's favorite festive treat and why? [p]
Gingerbread moos! Dinara bakes hand made ones each year, they don't always come out looking like moos - more like blobs - but she still finds them an enjoyable snack to share with her friends. She also finds them to be the best treat to dunk in hot chocolate or eggnog.
is this buttermilk spending the holiday with anyone important to them? [p]
She is, yes! She's spending it with her best friends Terrance, Kendy, and Johnae.
did this buttermilk get or give any special gifts this year? if so, what gifts? [p]
Dinara gave Terrance a bracelet that she's been wanting for quite awhile. It's made of purple crystals and has a little metal disk that reads "Love" on it. Dinara even got Terrance's name engraved on the inside if the bracelet.

personality --
if this buttermilk could have any superpower, what would they pick and why? [p]
She would pick the power of chance because if she were to say she'd have a 100% chance on winning the lottery she would, or if she were to say there would be a 100% chance on someone finding the cure to cancer someone would.
if this buttermilk could visit anywhere in the world, where would they go? [p]
She'd go to Australia with her friend, Terrance because she's always wanted to visit Sydney.
who is this buttermilk's best friend? tell me about their friendship! [p]
While Terrance, Kendy, and Johnae are all Dinara's best friends, she's the closest with Terrance. The two of them have been friends since they were calves and they've grown up close. Dinara helped Terrance through her time of exploring her sexuality and finding herself, and when she came out as pan, Dinara accepted her fully.
The two of them go literally everywhere together and they often share every meal, too. They act like close sisters and tell each other everything, even if the truth may hurt.
what is this buttermilk's catchphrase?
"You can't do it if you don't try!"
what quality does this buttermilk value the most?
Dinara values the quality of persistence more than any other, especially if it's used to try to become friends with someone who'd a bit wary of friendship but is in need of a companion.
what is this buttermilk's greatest fear? [p]
Dinara fears losing her friends over anything and tries her best to be there for them whenever they need her.

extra art/writing --
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:01 am

extending this to the 5th!
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:15 pm

extending this one more time to the seventh ^^
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skip » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:03 pm

merry christmas!
username --➷.River.➷
name -- Spice
sex -- female

everything from this point on is optional! each question will earn you one or more tickets based on how much effort/time you put in. good luck!
what's your favorite holiday song? I love Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer so much for literally no reason XD
guess my favorite holiday song! Hmm, Jingle Bells?
show me your favorite holiday gif! Image Minions Are Funny To Me XD
if you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I really want to go to Germany!
say something nice about a buttermilk community member! Rose of Dawn who sadly has decided to quit, is super sweet and very kind~
say something nice about a buttermilk staff member! Vintage Rose, the owner is super sweet! They have an amazing personality and are very kind. I honestly find them just such an awesome person!

what is this buttermilk's favorite part of the holiday season and why? [p] Spice loves to lay down all cozy by a fire and drink her favorite thing during the holiday season, peppermint hot cocoa! To her it's a relaxing thing to do during holiday madness.
what is this buttermilk's favorite festive treat and why? [p] Her favorite holiday treat is candy canes! Fruity, minty, you name the flavors, she loves em! To her they are just delicious
is this buttermilk spending the holiday with anyone important to them? [p] Spice is spending the holidays with her family to just enjoy the holidays! It's something she's been looking forward to all year~
did this buttermilk get or give any special gifts this year? if so, what gifts? [p] Spice was given an amazing gift from her sister, a beautiful Silver bell with a red star on it! Her sister smiled when she gave it to Spice because since Spice loves the holidays, it makes her happy to have another way to be festive!

personality -- Spice is a fun-loving sweet Buttermilk. She loves to spend time with family and friends. Her favorite things to do are, hang out with family, eat candy canes, celebrate holidays, and just have fun!
if this buttermilk could have any superpower, what would they pick and why? [p] Spice would want to be able to teleport. She things it would be great to just teleport to any of her friends or family, any time!
if this buttermilk could visit anywhere in the world, where would they go? [p] Spice really wants to visit Paris to see the Eiffel Tower!
who is this buttermilk's best friend? tell me about their friendship! [p] Spice has been bestfriends with a kind Buttermilk named Sophia. Sophia and Spice love to hang out and go on adventures! One of there favorite things to do is every year them and some friends go up to Sophia's cabin to hang out and play in the snow! (did you know cows actually have best friends?! I recently found that out and was amazed)
what is this buttermilk's catchphrase? Spice Loves to say, "If you can't beat em, Join em!"
what quality does this buttermilk value the most? To Spice, honesty is something very important to her.
what is this buttermilk's greatest fear? [p] Spice although ashamed to admit it, is greatly afraid of carrots. She doesn't know why, but she just gets nervous when she is around them.

extra art/writing -- N/A
Thank you for this chance~
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm

the winner is Evils! congrats <3
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:16 pm

Thank you so much!! ;O;
I can't wait to develop Dinara more, I'm so excited!! <3
Her collar is so cute!!!! ❤❤🐄
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprig » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:14 am

Archive correction -- this should be E116 ;v;
sprig