name; Indulf
gender; male
owned as of; 1.01.19
(form)

honorable mention
user; Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=303096
x1 stubs
(form)

Okay so this was supposed to be posted yesterday buuut the details on this took me so long. Goodness.
[strike]the timer is accurate OTL

As I'm assured any of you that's seen these past several adopts you'll notice I was doing a daily holiday adopt. This one is the final day as I was doing a 12 Adopt Days for this month from various types of adopts. I had a lot of fun and it was a good challenge. While I may still find time to make another couple adopts or so this month but we'll just have to see. <3

Regardless, this is the last of my mini challenge. So I hope you enjoy this second nutcracker inspired adopt, The Mouse King.
This competition will be a limited impress me. c:

[Form]
Code: Select all
name;
gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP);
prompt - Royal Pain OR Greatest Loss; (min. 400 words / max 1500 words)
Extras; 2500 words and 3 pieces of art (optional)

Rules
  • Pick one of two prompts: "Royal Pain" or "Greatest Loss".
  • Prompt requires a minimum of 400 words to qualify but has a max of 1500 words.
  • Extras are optional.
  • There is a total of 2500 words in extras you can utilize.
      These can be sectioned off into different sections, split into different stories/writing or used for one big story! However, you cannot add these to the prompt; though you may continue sometime after or before the prompt story takes place.
  • There is a total of 3 pieces of art you can also utilize. No comics but small animations (like pixels, blinking or small movements) are allowed.
  • Prettying up is allowed.
  • Good Luck!

End Date: Dec. 23rd, 2018 @ 8pm CST
*an extension may be granted if 2 or more individuals request it.
[/strike]

mutations
minor mane (uncommon)
mammal ears: rodents (uncommon)
rabbit nose (uncommon)
slit eyes (rare)
Last edited by Mint Chip on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2909 - Day 12: The Mouse King

Postby Junker Queen » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 am

name; Nutcracker/Nutty (birth name)
gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP); male/male
prompt - Royal Pain OR Greatest Loss; (min. 400 words / max 1500 words) (im not sure whats the difference) failing his kingdom
The King try's to make the best decisions for his kingdom, some work and some fail. The King is most involved with the protection of The People of his kingdom, the worst thing he can imagine is Failing to Protect his Kingdom.
Last edited by Junker Queen on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autism|Lesbian|9/22|Memory Loss pfp by Vidapup
Junker Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am

dropping

name; Amael, the Golem King
      gender; male
      prompt - Royal Pain OR Greatest Loss; (min. 400 words / max 1500 words) - "My crown came with a price to pay. Was it worth it? I still don't know."
      "My blood is cold, my bones are stone, I am a prophecy foretold."
      "I am the Golem King, the ruler of the damned. The throne I sit upon was built of lies."
Last edited by tenlittlesoldierboys on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strudel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:32 am

name; Indulf
gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP); male
prompt - Greatest Loss;

"Your Majesty. Please, just a moment of your time." a stocky guard-- a royal guard as indicated by his bright red uniform-- stepped in front of the king. He bowed low in respect, even as he twitched with impatience.

"Yes, Captain Wilhelm. What is it you wish to discuss? Make it quick, I'm on my way to speak with my son." the king stood tall, looking down to the captain of his guard.

"That's just it, your majesty. It's about your son. There's something you need to know-- before you speak with him. It's of the utmost importance."

"So what exactly is it that's you've been so excited to show me ever since we left port?" Ursa eyed Kemena, who was practically bouncing on the pads of her paws. "And for the love of God, why haven't you shown me yet if you're this excited?"

Kemena grinned "Oh, you'll see. Wait right here, Captain." she disappeared below deck, leaving Ursa as she waited for her quartermaster to show whatever spoils she had acquired on shore.

What Ursa hadn't expected was for Kemena to drag up a person from below deck.

Kemena tossed her quarry to the deck. With a loud thump, the body of the young man struck the wood and he groaned under the sack on his head.

"And what, pray-tell, is this supposed to be?" Ursa looked down to the man, confused and a little annoyed by this turn of events "Kemena, please, explain yourself." she demanded.

"Well, you did tell me to get something nice for myself while we were at port." Kemena chuckled "And he is so very handsome." she leaned down to remove the burlap, and under it was indeed a handsome young man. Early twenties, straight black hair, and bright red eyes that stared up to Ursa with fear in them-- he knew this was the terror of the sea.

"You bring... an aristocrat onto my ship?" it was obvious the young man was from a prominent family, his clothing gave that away.

"No, Captain." Kemena said in almost a whisper. "I bring you a prince."

"Ha! A prince? This little--" Ursa nudged him with her boot "--terrified mouse? A joke." she looked to Kemena, her gaze steely as she looked over her quartermaster. After a moment, a small grin broke through her features "If we don't get sunk by a fleet of naval ships over this... this could be an interesting opportunity." she snapped her fingers "But for now, get this bilge rat back below the deck. It's getting late. Tomorrow we'll put him to work."

"Spit it out, Captain." The king demanded as he sat down on his throne. "What do you have to say about the prince that couldn't wait until after the rehearsal?"

Wilhelm didn't sit, but simply stood at attention "Sir, the rehearsal is a mistake, your majesty." he held his head high, he might have been nervous about confronting the king, but he was sure of what he would say next "You should postpone the rehearsal. The prince, he's not the same man he was when he left."

"Scrub harder bilge rat!" One of the pirates placed a boot on the prince's back, pressing hard against him while he scrubbed the deck "I want this deck to shine like glass."

"Yes, of course, sir." Indulf, the prince, practically growled the words out, but he didn't dare say anything argumentative. Even just this much got him a swift kick in the ribs. He groaned but said nothing as he continued to scrub the deck.

The man spat beside him "And clean that up too, rat." he slipped off after that, having grown bored with tormenting the disheveled prince.

That pirate... I'll kill him when I get the chance. Indulf sighed though, knowing that wasn't about to happen.

"You know, you ought to stick up for yourself." Indulf looked up to see Kemena leaned against the rails "They won't respect you if you literally lay under their boots." she shook her head as she looked him over "Or while you still wear that ridiculous outfit. Dirty or not, it's nicer than anything they've ever worn. And red? Really? do you just want to look like a target? And meet my gaze when I talk to you. Don't look to my feet. You're pathetic."

Indulf stood up, leaving the brush on the deck. He did as she said, looking her in the eyes now "I've come to realize that most of the crew doesn't care much for that. They don't like me, and they aren't going to. If you were worried I wouldn't fit in, maybe you should have left me where you found me." he words came out with a serious bite, he realized this too late and closed his mouth while he braced for a strike... that didn't come.

"Now that's the spirit, princy!" Kemena laughed "You do have a backbone in there, somewhere."

"There's nothing wrong with my son." The king stood up, his expression grim. Even though Wilhelm wasn't a small man, the king seemed to tower over him. "He would never align himself with pirates! He would never join with those criminals." he hissed "You speak out of turn, Captain."_

"Your majesty, with all due respect, I've seen what's happened to him. He needs time before you just... throw him to the wolves!"

"Indulf, quarter turn and strike." Kemena watched him carefully as he followed her instructions against the dummy she had built on the deck of the ship. She could feel Ursa's eyes on the two of them, but she ignored her. Ursa had said that Kemena could do with the prince what she wanted. He was her responsibility. She pulled out her own sword and pointed it at him "Now, show me what you can do. We've practiced enough."

Indulf lunged at her with great speed, nearly taking her off guard but not quite. The steel of his blade struck hers, and they traded blows for several minutes before Kemena managed to kock Indulf to the ground and place the tip of her sword to his throat "Better." she chuckled "But not quite--"

In one swift motion, Indulf knocked her blade out of her hands, she had let her guard down and he had taken advantage. Before her sword could even clatter to the deck, his sword was pressed firmly against her throat. He grinned as she held her paws up. She glanced to Ursa, begging for help with her eyes, but Ursa simply crossed her arms and watched.

After a few moments, Indulf sheathed his sword and picked up hers to hand back "I told you I would eventually win. You've taught me well." there was mirth in his eyes, he had seen how he had affected her in the moment. She had been scared that he would kill her. Little did she know, the thought never even crossed his mind.

Ursa watched in approval as Indulf walked away to go below deck and grab a meal. It certainly wasn't lost on her that he didn't walk with his back ramrod straight anymore, or with an air of superiority. Nor did it escape her attention that he had taken to wearing plain black clothes either, as opposed to his bright red suit from before.

"What could the prince have possibly done, that you don't trust him Captain?" the king questioned as he took his seat again, willing to listen to Wilhelm at least for the time. His family had served in the guard for generations, they were trusted. And he had been Indulf's closest friend. He owed the young man a chance to speak.

"I don't know what they did to him, but he fought alongside them. We need to make sure he's sound before you give him the crown. That's all I ask, your Majesty."

Smoke from cannonfire filled the air, nearly choking Indulf as he parried a strike meant to slash him to ribbons. He took his boot and kicked the other man down. Fool. he thought as he went at another opponent The lot of them, all fools. What fool would stand against Ursa?

Indulf held a sword to the next opponent after disarming him, but this man he recognized immediately. Even with a large gash across his face now and blood covering him, he could never forget him.

"Wilhelm..." he breathed. He looked conflicted, just for a moment before his expression grew cold. He lifted his foot, and took his boot to Wilhelm's midsection, pushing him off of the boat and into the waters below.

"He did what he had to do." The king stood. "I won't forsake him, or his claim to the crown. I am sorry, Wilhelm. Go home, son. Get some rest. You'll realize in the morning that he's fine."

Wilhelm left the room, looking back to the king only once before leaving. "He doesn't realize that Indulf as he is, is lost to us."

[1499/1500]

Story 1;

"Come in." A voice spoke from behind the wood-- a voice that Wilhelm would recognize anywhere.

Slowly, Wilhelm opened the door to see Indulf leaned back in his desk chair. He tried not to frown as he noted his old friend's boots propped up on the desk-- his official paperwork scattered around and in front of it. He had paid little mind, obviously, to the papers when he had rested his feet on the desk.

"Ah! Wilhelm! Now, what do I owe the pleasure of the company of the Captain of the guard this evening?" Indulf snorted as he raised his glass up for a moment, in way of greeting "Surely, you don't have any kind of security breach that would need my attention." he grew quiet, and tilted his head, waiting for a response.

"No, of course not sir." Wilhelm's tone was professional, and his answer short. He was not here to exchange pleasantries.

"Ah, well in that case, would you care for a seat? A drink?" there were no other glasses and for that matter no other seat.

Wilhelm bowed "No, thank you, your highn--" he bit his lip "Your Majesty."

"Was that a slip of the tongue I caught, Captain?" Indulf grinned before taking a sip from his own glass "Fine, fine, get on with it Captain. If you won't join me for company tonight, then share your thoughts and leave me to my relaxation."

Wilhelm cleared his throat for a moment and stepped forward and laid a sheet of parchment onto the desk, beside the king's feet. "My resignation, your Majesty. I wish to leave the Guard, and the service of the military." he stood back up, his shoulders back and his back ramrod straight "I have served this country with pride and honor. I wish... for an honorable discharge if your Majesty will allow." he did not want to shame his family's name. Already, he knew his family would be ashamed of him.

Indulf set his glass down, allowing some of the liquid within to splash across the parchment that Wilhelm had placed at his feet. "And why--" Indulf paused a moment, running his tongue across his teeth the clear off any staining from his drink "--Would I do that, exactly?"

"I've served the kingdom loyally. I've nearly given my life for--"

Indulf held up a hand "Ah, I see. You think that doing your job should give you a pass. Leave free and clear. Got it." he set his feet back to the ground and stood up "No. Doing your job does not give you any special privileges, Captain. And neither does our... previous relationship. We're not friends anymore, you've made that abundantly clear, Wilhelm, when you told my father that I was not fit to be king."

"You made it clear we weren't friends, your Majesty, when you held me at sword point and kicked me overboard the Sea Witch." Wilhelm kept the same neutral expression as he said this.

"You're never going to let that go, are you, Wil? Oh, excuse me, Wilhelm." Indulf grinned as he walked around the desk to stand in front of Wilhelm. He studied him a moment, perhaps looking for a chink somewhere in his icy exterior. Finding none, he simply chuckled "Perhaps we could make a deal. A trade-off of service. Get you out of that... nice military uniform you seem to dislike so much now. Though, I will say, it suits your form." he grinned wider, he could finally see Wilhelm affected by him. It spurred him on "Guaranteed two years, as my personal assistant. What do you say, Wil? Two years, and you're free. If not... well... you have five more years on your military contract. You are more than free to remain the Captain of the guard until then."

Wilhelm seemed to consider this for a few moments. The idea of working so closely beside Indulf for two years, well, frankly it scared him now. But working under him for five? In the military? Where everything Indulf told him to do, was a military order, and not following them meant shame for his family and time in prison? It was obvious which of the options was the lesser of two evils.

There wasn't actually a real choice here.

"I--" Wilhelm forced away the grimace trying to appear on his face "I'll do it." he answered, lowering his ears as he spoke "I'll be your assistant. But I want it in writing. Two years, and I'm a free man."

"Deal." Indulf held out his paw for Wilhelm to shake "I'll have the contract drafted by Monday morning. And a uniform ready for you then, as well." when Wilhelm took Indulf paw to shake, Indulf gripped the paw tightly and pulled Wilhelm to him. He leaned in close to startle Wilhelm and whispered in his ear "We'll have fun together, you and I, over the course of the next couple of years. You'll want to stay my assistant, I think."

As Indulf released him, Wilhelm pulled away more quickly than he intended to.

"Please, excuse me, your Majesty. But I must get going. I-it's rather l-late, sir." Wilhelm quietly cursed himself at the sudden stutter. "I'll be by Monday morning." he bowed and slipped out of the office, letting the door shut behind him. With his hat still under his arm, he got as far away as he could from the office. But it wasn't quite fast enough to miss the laughter coming from Indulf's office.

What have I just done? Wilhelm asked himself as the laughter faded in the distance. This man is going to be the death of me, I swear. he sighed.
[950 words]

Last edited by Strudel on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Matreats » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:36 am

Wow- He looks fantastic! He looks like an Edward or an Edmund to me :0

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:05 am

Huuuggeee mark omg

gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP); Male

prompt - Royal Pain OR Greatest Loss;

Extras; 2500 words and 3 pieces of art

Last edited by corgiboy on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am

name; Eldrin Wynjor
gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP); male

prompt

Eldrin Wynjor, A name that once struck fear into the heart of his enemies.

A name that held power

.... A name that he now regretted to hold, A name that was now meaningless and laughed upon.

Eldrin Wynjor, The name of a Fallen K̸̵̶̤͙̖̜̥̬̭̣̱͖̩į̲͕̩͚͕̰́͘ņ̻̣̟̯̻͉̘̳̘̗͎̤̹̯̱̲̮́̕͘͠ͅg͏̷͔̖̘͕̣̭̻̭̭͜

~~~~

Eldrin had once been a mighty king, but one mistake cost him everything.
~~~~~ a Month earlier ~~~~

" My lord I don't mean to question your orders, but we can't win this war if you start it..." One of the knights urged trying to convince the King his plan would fail.

" I don't care! My people need more land for crops and homes I will do what I must to provide that." Eldrin said in a huff. He was a good King but sometimes his choices were not so good.

the Knight sighed and gave a soft nod " I'll gather the troops " He said before leaving the room, knowing this was not going to end well. Eldrin was a good king but he lacked the experience his father had.

Eldrin walked over to a closet and pulled out his father's sword ~ I will make you proud Father~.

~~~

Everything was chaos, the clashing of blades against blades echoed about the streets of this once peaceful kingdom. The enemy had come in the night, bent on taking the kingdom from the foolish king, who had declared war to take their land. Caring not that this kingdom was that of King Eldrin.

Eldrin lay on the stone ground, he couldn't move and everything hurt, his jaw especially, all he could feel was a warm sticky, and metal tasting liquid coming from his broken jaw. He was slowly blacking out when he felt himself be lifted off the ground.

Everything was a blur after that, he felt the person carrying him running away, he could hear others behind them, but he couldn't make out any of their words. Slowly his body began to relax and he fell into the darkness of Unconsciousness.

~~~~~ Now ~~~~~

" My lord you need to eat," a soft voice said as one of the survivors knelt beside Eldrin holding out a bowl of stew.

He looked at her with his crimson eyes, they showed his pain and sadness even though he tried his best to hide it. Eldrin's lower jaw was slightly twisted from where it had been broken, now he could no longer fully close his mouth.

The Female sat the bowl down next to him " I understand you're hurting, but you can't starve yourself" she said before getting up and leaving.

Eldrin sighed softly ignoring the stew. he looked down into the river next to him, looking at his distorted features and scars. With another sigh, he closed his eyes.

His mind flashed back to his life before the war... back when he had his kingdom, his mate.. his son... all gone now because of his chose. gone because he didn't listen to his friend's words. Everything he ever loved was gone, because of his stupid mistake.

Picking up the bowl of stew he tried to eat, but since he was missing some teeth, and the crooked jaw, it was extremely difficult, he put the bowl back down in frustration. ~maybe it's for the best that I starve... My people need someone who can lead them and not get them killed~ he thought looking over at the remaining members of his kingdom.
Last edited by Prince Audric on Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 am

I love rat/mouse viscet s and this one is awesome, definitely going to try out.

name;
gender / gender for breeding purposes (GFBP);
prompt - Royal Pain OR Greatest Loss; (min. 400 words / max 1500 words)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘