Postby Mint Chip » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:30 pm

winner
user; Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=452087
name; Drogo
gender; male
owned as of; 1.01.19
(form)

I had a lot of fun working on this one.
This one is inspired by A Christmas Carol, specifically inspired by (sort of based on) Scrooge.
And I'm really happy with how it turned out all in all. <3 Hope you guys do too!

[Form]
Code: Select all
user;
name;
gender;
prompt: what was their turning point? (min. 250 words / max. 1000 words)
(optional) headshot art;
(optional) extra x1;

rules
  • prompt is required. minimum of 250 words and a max of 1000 words.
  • the turning point can be good or bad; be creative and have fun with it!
  • headshot is optional. but must go to the winner.
  • optional extra can be either 1 piece of art or 400 words. *this cannot be added to the prompt
  • prettying up is allowed.
  • good luck!

End Date: Dec. 17th, 2018 @ 8pm CST
possible extension may be granted if 2 or more request it.

mutations
minor mane (uncommon)
cheek, elbow, & ankle drapes (uncommon)
Last edited by Mint Chip on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2906 - Day 10

Postby Prince Audric » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Lol he's so grumpy and adorable
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:14 pm

OMG I LOVE HIM MARK!!!!

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:56 pm

My favorite Christmas story omg, res :0

user; Breado
name; Charles Hackett
gender; M

"You dare wake me at this hour?" - grumbled the disgruntled and tired Charles as he went to open the door. When he opened it, the first thing he noted was the cold.
Winter was always freezing in these parts of the country, but they rarely had storms.
The second thing that caught his eyes though was the figure in front of him whose paw was still on the doorbell. The figure appeared to be leaning on said doorbell like their life depended on it.
Charles brought the candle in between them to see who the pesky rascal who dared to wake him at this hour was.

"Thomas?" - said he, - "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night, you should be-"

But he didn't have time to finish his sentence as Thomas, finally giving in to whatever, fell forward.
Had Charles not caught him in time, he would have hit his head hard on the ground.
Carrying him into his livingroom, the grey viscet gently sat his shivering and freezing partner down into one of the armchairs in front of his fireplace, then wrapped him up in a blanket.

"You're as cold as ice!" - said Charles as he went to start a fire in said fireplace, - "What the bloody earth were you doing out there?!"

"Y-You won't believe wha-what happened, Charlie!" - stammered the freezing viscet.

"Try me." - said the host as he started walking towards the kitchen to bring him a cup of hot cocoa.

"Was about to. So," - started Thomas, - "about our experiment. It was a success after all!"

Hearing these words Charles stopped midway into the kitchen. He froze, a warm feeling of happiness filling him, yet some doupt behind it lingered.

"Oh really?"

"Yes!" - Thomas nodded with enthusiasm. "But..." - he decided to add. This raised the concern of the other viscet.

"But?" - Charles asked. He was now a bit certain the younger one had done something other than just succeeding with their experiment, but he didn't have an idea of what that other thing might be.

"But... I realized," - continued the younger one, - "that the reason for it not working before was... that its real effect only shows when it's consumed by... a viscet."

Any happiness regarding the success of the experiment left Charles as those words left Thomas's mouth, dread and worry filling in its place. He slowly made his way to his partner, taking a better look at the viscet.
From what he could see in the light of the fire and the candle beside his friend, Charles could see that the viscet now had another color in his fur besides red, black and white.
A grass green color seemed to be creeping into the red on one side, while it had almost completely overtaken all the reds on the other.

"And the effect...?" - asked Charles, worse and worse ideas flashing through his mind.

"It's... just what we've aimed for." - after a short pause, he continued, - "I think I finally managed to separate my soul from my body."

The words of the younger viscet left Charles with a feeling of coldness. Suddenly, a hundred questions started ringing in his head, each trying to break out and find their answers, but the grey viscet just stood there silently, his countenance showing a mix of disbelief and fear.

"So far, I can only separate and connect the two with the potion we've developed (and I finished), but who knows! Maybe I'll be able to do it without the use of that liquid in the future!"

The excitement of his partner didn't seem to transfer to Charles, only anger the grey 'cet.

"How could you have been so foolish?!" - he shouted, - "Do you even know what your body does when your soul, your conscience, your feelings aren't in their rightful place?!"

"It seems like it's... like a shell, an empty vessel; it's alive and animate, it too has a conscience, in fact, I can hear what it's thinking and sometimes see what it does... like the soul and body are not totally separate... yet."

"I think it is quite enough of playing with your being." - growled Charles, - "You must stop this before you hurt yourself! Or even others."

The younger viscet seemed to be taken aback.

"No. No, Charlie, this is my life! This is what we've worked for for at least two years now, we can't just abandon this when we're at the brink of success!"

"Believe me, boy, science is my life, but I know when one should give up! And that point is now!"

Thomas had none of this. He threw the blankets off of himself and started angrily on his feet.

"You'll see, my friend." - he hissed at his older partner, - "You'll see that this experiment will be successful. With, or without your help. Come and give me a hand if you want to, stay away and don't bother me if you don't, but until we see meet again, I've got work to do."

And with that, Thomas walked out the door, leaving his long time friend alone in his home with the fire and one question in his head:
What should he do now?

He knew leaving his friend would be a mistake, yet he left Thomas and his whole interest for science behind after that night, fearing he might become as corrupted as his friend became. He still longs for all the experiments and undiscovered things, but he made a promise that night to never touch anything that has to do with science. Having Thomas as his only friend, he basically became an introverted grumpy viscet, and hearing worse and worse things of his old friend doesn't help this.
He wants to help him, but he can't. Not anymore. Not after abandoning him for so long and letting him get into more trouble with his experiment.

words: 999/1000
;w;
(optional) headshot art;
(optional) extra x1;
Last edited by Breado on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| I know what you are... you're a doubter! A doubter!

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:37 pm

user; corrosive_limes
name; Drogo Mortimer Dumnonos
gender; Male - DMAB

prompt: what was their turning point?
      word count ;; 999 / 1,000

------"A CHILD? Du'an are you out of your MIND?" the elder Viscet roared. "Have you no respect for science!?"
    ------Du'an was taken aback at first before growing suddenly defensive. "Are you questioning my ability? I can raise a child and continue research at the same time!" he spat back. "And besides, this was unexpected for me, too. Do you really think I planned for this to happen?"
    ------Drogo glared at him, his anger rising. "Du'an, you know better than anyone, - anyone! - how long we've been working on this and how close we finally are to achieving out goal! Do you have any idea how irresponsible this is of you!?"
    ------Du'an bristled. "ME? Irresponsible? Well excuse me, I'm sorry that some of us actually have lives outside of our duties! Not all of us are slaves to our work, Drogo!
    ------The anger churning inside Drogo finally hit its boiling point and he snapped.
    ------"THAT'S IT! I'm done with you! I can't stand you! I see now how stupid and naive I was to believe I could trust this project with someone else." Du'an was completely thunderstruck but Drogo didn't give him the chance to retort.
    ------"If this project is so unimportant to you, Du'an, I'll just complete it on my own! Maybe that was you won't need to worry about juggling your 'responsibilities'."
    ------Du'an was struck paralyzed by the shock and anger fuming up within him at Drogo's words. He clenched his paws so hard his arms trembled and he bared his teeth in a snarl, biting back an angry response, before something within him finally snapped. His paws uncurled, his posture relaxed, and he let out a light sigh. The fury in his eyes was replaced with cold indifference as he glared at the grey Viscet.
    ------"I see how it is," he murmured. "So be it, have it your way then. I'll take my leave, but I'm warning you. Your endeavors will fail. You know you'd never be able to accomplish this without my help."
    ------Du'an turned away, reaching out and pulling on his cloak in one fluid motion. As he gathered up his few books and supplies in his arms, he spared one last glance at Drogo.
    ------"Oh, and don't bother following me."
    ------The coldness of the black and blue Viscet's reaction only further incited Drogo's fury. As Du'an slammed the door shut behind him, Drogo erupted in a fit of rage.
    ------"THEN LEAVE THIS PLACE AND NEVER COME BACK!" he bellowed. "You're sorely mistaken if you believed I ever needed YOUR help! In fact, I'll finish what I started right here, right now! Then we'll see who comes crawling back!"
    ------He stormed over to the long desk where all their notes had been laid out and swept all the scrolls and bits of parchment off onto the floor with a sweep of his tail. He shoved books and tomes out of the way as he searched for one in particular. He found it at the bottom of a stack and immediately snatched it up, furiously rifling through its aging pages as he searched out the spell they'd deciphered among its papers.
    ------The book itself had a black cover with a black leather-bound spine. Gold and silver engravings decorated the covers, but had grown dull with time. The edges of the pages were lined with gold, but had become chipped and worn down. The colors were muted and dusty from years of being left forgotten, until a strange merchant had happened upon it and it was sold to Du'an and Drogo, who recognized it for what it was.
    ------An ancient black magic tome, filled to the brim with necromancy and dark magics. It held the secrets to life and death, and they believed it contained the knowledge about the secrets of what differentiated the living from the dead, the mortal from the undying, and the mortal body from the ghostly spirit within.
    ------Drogo found the page he was looking for. On one page was an illustration of a tree with sprawling roots and a glowing white heart, and directly below that was an illustration of Viscets in various poses, from paws outstretched to hunched over on the ground. On the other page was a note hastily scrawled in flowing letters in black ink, written in a long forgotten language.
    ------Teeth bared in a triumphant and angry smile, Drogo whispered, "Oh yes, Du'an. We'll see who's laughing by the end of the night."
    ------He shut the book decisively after staring at the scribblings for a few moments. He gathered up five candles and placed them loosely in a circle on the floor, before gathering a pawful of black powder and making a crude outline of a star. He stood in the center and closed his eyes, taking a quick breath to sooth his nerves. He should be as calm as possible while doing this.
    ------He began a low hum, slowly rising in volume before dropping back down into a hushed whisper. Drogo recited the incantation on the page three times, each one louder than the last. When he'd finished, he paused arms shaking with trepidation.
    ------Yet nothing happened.
    ------Had he done something wrong?
    ------He shook himself. He thought of course he'd done nothing wrong. That was exactly what he'd read written on the page below the illustrations so many times!
    ------Drogo was about to step out of the star and look through the book again when a sudden stabbing pain shot through him. It went from the base of his skull all the way down to the end of his tail, like a white hot flash of lightning. He dropped to his paws and knees, crying out as the searing agony coursed through him like fire. His strength ebbed as he struggled to stand.
    ------His ears rang, and as his vision faded to black he felt his legs go numb and he collapsed to the floor.
    ------Drogo's final thought before fading was, "How could I have been so wrong?"

written extra: brief about
      word count ;; 97 / 400

------An angry spirit with a love for science, Drogo's found a new job working as the Royal Mage and Scientist to Kyne. Though he doesn't have direct control over Eadonn's work as potion master, he still does monitor him and offer the occasional snarky remark as advice every now and then.
    ------Eadonn and Drogo don't get along on the best terms considering Eadonn's past with Du'an. To Drogo, Eadonn is a daily reminder of the project he failed to see completed.

Du'an, Kyne, and Eadonn belong to me
Quotes are from the Polar Express
Fonts are Rhapsody Black Letter and BARK and can be found on 1001fonts.com
Divider made by me
Title and headers included in extra word count.

Last edited by corrosive_limes on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snuggle_Bean » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 am

SO MARK!!!

user;
name;
gender; Male For Both
(optional) headshot art;
(optional) extra x1;

He is a grumpy old man who does not know the meaning or spirit of Christmas, he hates everything and everyone except the Baker across the street Nestle (another tryout). On Christmas Eve he gets visited by Christmas spirits of the past, present, and future. His waking point was when Christmas spirit future showed him where he would be in a few years and the grump would have died old in his house alone on Christmas, and no one came to his funeral! That woke him up! WIP!!!!

╔══════════════════════════════╗

╚══════════════════════════════╝

Snuggle_Bean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vluwu » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:59 am

grumpy ol' boy. Mark perhaps ; v ;

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:52 am

Extended to Dec. 27th @ 10pm (US) CST as there are no qualifying forms.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || I know what you are... you're a doubter! A doubter!

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:06 am

Mint asked me to judge this comp; so here I am, announcing the winner c:
      Congrats, corrosive_limes, Drogo is all yours ♥

corrosive_limes wrote:

user; corrosive_limes
name; Drogo Mortimer Dumnonos
gender; Male - DMAB

prompt: what was their turning point?
      word count ;; 999 / 1,000

------"A CHILD? Du'an are you out of your MIND?" the elder Viscet roared. "Have you no respect for science!?"
    ------Du'an was taken aback at first before growing suddenly defensive. "Are you questioning my ability? I can raise a child and continue research at the same time!" he spat back. "And besides, this was unexpected for me, too. Do you really think I planned for this to happen?"
    ------Drogo glared at him, his anger rising. "Du'an, you know better than anyone, - anyone! - how long we've been working on this and how close we finally are to achieving out goal! Do you have any idea how irresponsible this is of you!?"
    ------Du'an bristled. "ME? Irresponsible? Well excuse me, I'm sorry that some of us actually have lives outside of our duties! Not all of us are slaves to our work, Drogo!
    ------The anger churning inside Drogo finally hit its boiling point and he snapped.
    ------"THAT'S IT! I'm done with you! I can't stand you! I see now how stupid and naive I was to believe I could trust this project with someone else." Du'an was completely thunderstruck but Drogo didn't give him the chance to retort.
    ------"If this project is so unimportant to you, Du'an, I'll just complete it on my own! Maybe that was you won't need to worry about juggling your 'responsibilities'."
    ------Du'an was struck paralyzed by the shock and anger fuming up within him at Drogo's words. He clenched his paws so hard his arms trembled and he bared his teeth in a snarl, biting back an angry response, before something within him finally snapped. His paws uncurled, his posture relaxed, and he let out a light sigh. The fury in his eyes was replaced with cold indifference as he glared at the grey Viscet.
    ------"I see how it is," he murmured. "So be it, have it your way then. I'll take my leave, but I'm warning you. Your endeavors will fail. You know you'd never be able to accomplish this without my help."
    ------Du'an turned away, reaching out and pulling on his cloak in one fluid motion. As he gathered up his few books and supplies in his arms, he spared one last glance at Drogo.
    ------"Oh, and don't bother following me."
    ------The coldness of the black and blue Viscet's reaction only further incited Drogo's fury. As Du'an slammed the door shut behind him, Drogo erupted in a fit of rage.
    ------"THEN LEAVE THIS PLACE AND NEVER COME BACK!" he bellowed. "You're sorely mistaken if you believed I ever needed YOUR help! In fact, I'll finish what I started right here, right now! Then we'll see who comes crawling back!"
    ------He stormed over to the long desk where all their notes had been laid out and swept all the scrolls and bits of parchment off onto the floor with a sweep of his tail. He shoved books and tomes out of the way as he searched for one in particular. He found it at the bottom of a stack and immediately snatched it up, furiously rifling through its aging pages as he searched out the spell they'd deciphered among its papers.
    ------The book itself had a black cover with a black leather-bound spine. Gold and silver engravings decorated the covers, but had grown dull with time. The edges of the pages were lined with gold, but had become chipped and worn down. The colors were muted and dusty from years of being left forgotten, until a strange merchant had happened upon it and it was sold to Du'an and Drogo, who recognized it for what it was.
    ------An ancient black magic tome, filled to the brim with necromancy and dark magics. It held the secrets to life and death, and they believed it contained the knowledge about the secrets of what differentiated the living from the dead, the mortal from the undying, and the mortal body from the ghostly spirit within.
    ------Drogo found the page he was looking for. On one page was an illustration of a tree with sprawling roots and a glowing white heart, and directly below that was an illustration of Viscets in various poses, from paws outstretched to hunched over on the ground. On the other page was a note hastily scrawled in flowing letters in black ink, written in a long forgotten language.
    ------Teeth bared in a triumphant and angry smile, Drogo whispered, "Oh yes, Du'an. We'll see who's laughing by the end of the night."
    ------He shut the book decisively after staring at the scribblings for a few moments. He gathered up five candles and placed them loosely in a circle on the floor, before gathering a pawful of black powder and making a crude outline of a star. He stood in the center and closed his eyes, taking a quick breath to sooth his nerves. He should be as calm as possible while doing this.
    ------He began a low hum, slowly rising in volume before dropping back down into a hushed whisper. Drogo recited the incantation on the page three times, each one louder than the last. When he'd finished, he paused arms shaking with trepidation.
    ------Yet nothing happened.
    ------Had he done something wrong?
    ------He shook himself. He thought of course he'd done nothing wrong. That was exactly what he'd read written on the page below the illustrations so many times!
    ------Drogo was about to step out of the star and look through the book again when a sudden stabbing pain shot through him. It went from the base of his skull all the way down to the end of his tail, like a white hot flash of lightning. He dropped to his paws and knees, crying out as the searing agony coursed through him like fire. His strength ebbed as he struggled to stand.
    ------His ears rang, and as his vision faded to black he felt his legs go numb and he collapsed to the floor.
    ------Drogo's final thought before fading was, "How could I have been so wrong?"

written extra: brief about
      word count ;; 97 / 400

------An angry spirit with a love for science, Drogo's found a new job working as the Royal Mage and Scientist to Kyne. Though he doesn't have direct control over Eadonn's work as potion master, he still does monitor him and offer the occasional snarky remark as advice every now and then.
    ------Eadonn and Drogo don't get along on the best terms considering Eadonn's past with Du'an. To Drogo, Eadonn is a daily reminder of the project he failed to see completed.

Du'an, Kyne, and Eadonn belong to me
Quotes are from the Polar Express
Fonts are Rhapsody Black Letter and BARK and can be found on 1001fonts.com
Divider made by me
Title and headers included in extra word count.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery