Re: Event Luulo 2 - Gingerbread man

Postby alpenglow » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:49 am

Username: alpenglow

Name: gumdrop

Recipe: this is pretty long eek

Lebkuchen Spice Macarons with Quince Jam and Candied Ginger

Ingredients

For the Lebkuchen macaron shells

90g egg white (approx. 4 eggs), aged for a little over 24 hours on the countertop or 5 days in the refrigerator
30g fine granulated sugar
200g icing sugar
110g almonds
1/4 tablespoon Lebkuchen spice* (see note below) – or you can adjust this amount to your own taste
few drops of red and green food coloring, mixed to give a slightly brown/gingerbread color

For the filling

a portion of Caramelized Quince Jam with a Sprinkling of Cinnamon

a small handful candied ginger – sliced

Method

Prepare your baking tray and baking sheets with a stencil of circles. Draw circles on some baking paper using a (mathematical) compass about 2 cm in diameter. Then place some white parchment paper on the baking tray and flip the baking paper back around.

In a large mixing bowl mix the egg whites with an electric hand beater (alternatively you can use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment) until it is thick and frothy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, whisking all the while, until the mixture turns into a thick glossy meringue. Incorporate the Lebkuchen spice blend into the batter. The consistency of the macaron batter should be similar to hair mousse or shaving foam. Make sure the meringue is not over-beaten or else it will be too dry.

In a food processor pulse together icing sugar and almonds until the nuts are finely ground and powdery. Sift the mixture to make sure there are no lumps.

Place the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the meringue and give it a quick fold using the macronnage technique described in my macaron tips section. Fold a few times to break the air. Continue until you get a smooth and supple mixture, thick in consistency so that when you lift the spatula it flows back in thick ribbons. Test a small amount on a plate – should the tops fall back and flatten by themselves then it is ready, if not give it a few more folds.

Fill a piping bag with a plain tip with the batter and pipe small rounds (2 cm in diameter) on your prepared baking paper. Leave the macarons to rest and dry for about 30 - 45 minutes.

In the meantime preheat the the oven to 140 degrees C. When the macarons are ready bake the shells for 10–15 minutes depending on their size. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Use a flat offset spatula to gently remove the shells from the baking paper and allow to cool further on a rack.

* Note: If you cannot find premixed "Lebkuchen Gewürz" from a German store, you may mix your own. Here are the spices that make up "Lebkuchen Gewürz"

2 T. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground anise seed

╔═══════════╗

alp | she/her
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
400 lux - lorde
th © trades

╚═══════════╝

alpenglow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Event Luulo 2 - Gingerbread man

Postby unris » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:26 am

alpenglow wrote:Username: alpenglow

Name: gumdrop

Recipe: this is pretty long eek

Lebkuchen Spice Macarons with Quince Jam and Candied Ginger

Ingredients

90g egg white (approx. 4 eggs), aged for a little over 24 hours on the countertop or 5 days in the refrigerator
30g fine granulated sugar
200g icing sugar
110g almonds
1/4 tablespoon Lebkuchen spice* (see note below) – or you can adjust this amount to your own taste
few drops of red and green food coloring, mixed to give a slightly brown/gingerbread color

For the filling

a portion of Caramelized Quince Jam with a Sprinkling of Cinnamon

a small handful candied ginger – sliced

Method

Prepare your baking tray and baking sheets with a stencil of circles. Draw circles on some baking paper using a (mathematical) compass about 2 cm in diameter. Then place some white parchment paper on the baking tray and flip the baking paper back around.

In a large mixing bowl mix the egg whites with an electric hand beater (alternatively you can use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment) until it is thick and frothy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, whisking all the while, until the mixture turns into a thick glossy meringue. Incorporate the Lebkuchen spice blend into the batter. The consistency of the macaron batter should be similar to hair mousse or shaving foam. Make sure the meringue is not over-beaten or else it will be too dry.

In a food processor pulse together icing sugar and almonds until the nuts are finely ground and powdery. Sift the mixture to make sure there are no lumps.

Place the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the meringue and give it a quick fold using the macronnage technique described in my macaron tips section. Fold a few times to break the air. Continue until you get a smooth and supple mixture, thick in consistency so that when you lift the spatula it flows back in thick ribbons. Test a small amount on a plate – should the tops fall back and flatten by themselves then it is ready, if not give it a few more folds.

Fill a piping bag with a plain tip with the batter and pipe small rounds (2 cm in diameter) on your prepared baking paper. Leave the macarons to rest and dry for about 30 - 45 minutes.

In the meantime preheat the the oven to 140 degrees C. When the macarons are ready bake the shells for 10–15 minutes depending on their size. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Use a flat offset spatula to gently remove the shells from the baking paper and allow to cool further on a rack.

* Note: If you cannot find premixed "Lebkuchen Gewürz" from a German store, you may mix your own. Here are the spices that make up "Lebkuchen Gewürz"

2 T. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground anise seed

Congrats Gumdrop is yours!
He/They/It
Call me Artemis or Dio
~my characters(toyhouse) ~