Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Ataamo Penguins by Suatrone

Based on Click to view
Artist Suatrone [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 5
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Ataamo Penguins

Postby Suatrone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm

╔═

╚═
═╗

═╝

╭──────────────────────────────────────╮
Fanclub | Discord | Archive | Colour-Guide | Breeding
╰──────────────────────────────────────╯

╒══════════════╕
Lore
╘══════════════╛

Ataamo Penguins are a newly discovered penguinbreed, that shows a close relationship to Adélie-Penguins.
Originally from an island near the cap of south america, they have been bred by humans for centurys and therefore exist in an wide variation of colours, altought black is still the most common.
The reason of their long unknown existence was the special technological knowledge of the people from this island, that helped them to hide their home from public eyes until now.
Ataamo Penguins are commonly used as pets, and the people on the island have developed a permanent tattoo-like ink for thei feathers to permanently and easy distinguish individuals. These so calles tattood are individual to each penguin and can only be done by professional penguin-tattoo-artists. Altought they are not inherited, most penguin-tattoo-artists will relate to the parents when tattooing an Altaamo Penguin chick.

╓━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╖
Lore | Rules | Infos | Staff | Affiliates
╙━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╜
Last edited by Suatrone on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 am, edited 7 times in total.
He/Him - Penguin
Love for penguins - all the love!
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ataamo Penguins

Postby Suatrone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:19 pm

╔═

╚═
═╗

═╝

╒══════════════╕
Rules
╘══════════════╛

general

➣Abide by all Chicken Smoothie rules and conditions.

➣Show respect to everyone in the community; it is understood that disagreements happen, but absolutely zero rudeness will be tolerated here. If you have an issue, bring it to the attention of an admin or moderator so it can be properly mediated, rather than take it into your own hands.

➣ Do not post unnecessary spam on any Ataamo topics.

➣ You will receive three warnings for any breaking of the rules, after which you will receive a suspension; if any more rules are broken afterward you will receive a ban, and your Ataamos will be re-adopted out accordingly. You are free to message me and dispute a suspension or ban.

➣ The Mod-Team and owner have the right to anytime add another rule or change an existing one if necessary.

➣There is no current limit to the amount of Ataamo Penguins you may own, or to the amount you may adopt in any period of time.

➣ Ataamo Penguins do not own a system of honorable mentions or runner ups. Instead, Artists can instead reward a custom.

➣Do not message an artist to ask when a breeding, custom, or adopt will be completed.

archive

➣ Any name changes musst be posted under the specific Ataamo and messaged to the archivist so they may be kept up to date.

➣ If you no longer wish to own a certain Ataamo, you are free to give away, trade, or host a re-adoption for it. However, you may not sell them for any kind of currency, CS or otherwise, and you absolutely must notify the archivist so that the change may be made to the archives. This notification must be done by the person giving the Ataamo, so if you trade an Ataamo for another Ataamo, both parties must inform the archivist.

➣ If you acquire a Ataamo via a giveaway, trade, or re-adoption, please wait until the previous owner, Admin or the archivist stated that ownership has been transferred to you before using it. Please note that your username in that message must be linked to your userpage, or it is not legit.

breeding

➣ Every Ataamo has 3 free bredingslots.

➣ A forth and fifth slot can be unlocked by character development.
Requirements to unlock:
  • personality-description of min 50 Words
  • a text featuring the Ataamo of min 250 words or min a full-body-sketch of the Ataamo (no colour-ins allowed)

➣ Ataamos can breed once a month.

➣ Ataamos do have stem-cell breedings.

➣ Ataamos have a cooldown of 7 days (succesfull breeding, eggs laid) or 4 days (unsuccesfull breeding, no eggs laid), regardless of their monthly breedingslot. (Example: if you succesfully bred you Ataamo on 17.07., you can breed it again on 01.08.. If you bred it on 28.07, you can breed again on 04.08.)

➣ Unsuccesfull breedings only have a cooldown, they cost wether the monthly nor the general breedingslot.

➣ The colours used for the chicks tattoos must be identical with at least one of the parents - therefore, the hexcodes of the parents tattoo-colours must be used.

➣ Artists may make their own breedings, but every single of them must be rolled by the admin. There are no other limits than the general limits.

➣ All new chicks must wait 3 weeks (21 days) as of the day of posting before they will be able to breed.

➣ Artists are allowed to decline a breeding.

➣ Do not ask an artist when your breeding will be ready. If it has been over two weeks, you may contact me and I will inquire with the said artist for you and find the solution from there. Our Artists have a private life, too.

customs

➣ Do not ask an artist for customs; they will be offered via posts on this thread or the fanclub.

➣ Do not ask an artist when your custom will be ready. If it has been over two weeks, you may contact me and I will inquire with the said artist for you and find the solution from there. Our Artists have a private life, too.

➣ An artist can give out free and paid customs. Free customs can have a max of 20 Rarity-Points. The offering of paid customs must be agreed by the admin

➣ Normal adopt members have two custom-slots per month, staff members three. These slots reset every month and can not be stored. If you go over your limit, the said custom will be put up for adoption. There will be no refund of used items.
Guestartists count as staff member in their main month: (for example: someone is guestartist and has 2 wenns in august, ans one in september. They have three custom-slots in august, but only two in september since their main time as staff member is in august.)

➣ Customs you on as prizes from events do not count towards your monthly limit. These slots can not be transferred or traded, and can only be used by the artist giving them. Follow any given guidelines, and PM appropriately.

Lore | Rules| Infos | Staff | Affiliates
Last edited by Suatrone on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
He/Him - Penguin
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Suatrone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:20 pm

╔═

╚═
═╗

═╝

╒══════════════╕
Infos
╘══════════════╛

Ataamos look closely like an Adélie-Penguin, someone not familiar with penguins will easily confuse both kinds. An Easy way to distunguish both are their feets. While adélies have skin-toned feets, Ataamos feet have the same colour as their beak.This colour is similiar to the suit colour, but can range from slightly lighter to slightly darker.
Their height ranges from 30 to 35cm, there is no difference for the genders. It is always given in cm, as they are more accurate than inch.
Ataamos bond for lifetime. When breeding, they lay 1-3 eggs. There are cases of 0 to 6 chicks beeing born, but most often you get as many chicks as eggs were laid.

The rarity of Ataamo Penguins is made of four categorys, the overall rarity of an Ataamo is the highest rarity from these categorys.
Example: If an Ataamo has a uncommon Suit-colour, a common eye-colour, an uncommon marking and a common amount of tattoo-colours, it's general rarity is uncommon.
Only breeded Ataamos can, genetically, have a gene rarer than their expressed suit-/eye-colour or marking. Recessive and dominant genes that express the same colour always have the same rarity.
For an example of the suit-colours and markings, please look at the colour-guide.

Suit Coloration
The suit of Ataamo Penguins (aka, the dark/black part in penguins) is made up from 2 genes: Extension (E) and Brown (B). It can range from black to a nearly white tone. In Ataamos, there is also the albino gene Ca that lightens up the suit.
The colour name will be made up from the genetics - so an Ete | BtBt | CaCa will be an steel-creme, and an Ete | BtBt | caca will be a light albino. The only exception is, if the penguin has the genotype for black, then the name of the brown-factor will not be listed on the Ataamos page as it is not visible. Its rarity musst still be listed correctly.
Albinos always have blue eyes, regerdles of the Ataamos eyecolour-genetics.

• Common: black-red
  • Uncommon: black-creme, steel-red, steel-creme
  • Very Uncommon: black-gold, silver-red, light albino
  • Rare: steel-gold, silver-creme
  • Very Rare: white, albino

Genes:
  • E - black
  • Et - steel
  • e - silver
  • et - recessive black
  • B - red
  • Bt - creme
  • b - gold
  • bt - recessive red
  • Ca - non Albino
  • ca - light albino
  • ca+ - albino

Eye Coloration
Ataamos know a total of three different eye-colourrations that come in different intensitys. Unlike the colour itself, the intensitys don't have a rarity and their genetic seems undecodable.

• Common: grey
  • Very Uncommon: green
  • Very Rare: blue

Genes:
  • G - grey
  • GT - green
  • g - blue
  • gt - recessive grey

Markings
Like many other domesticated animals, Ataamo Penguins do have markings that rarely occur in wildlife. Currently, the only marking known is spotting (similiar to appaloosa in horses). The markings come in a wide variant due to an additional regulative gene.
Markings are only to be seen on the suit.
Note: While every other gene is completely dominat-recessive, the regulative gene for the marking is partly intermediate and therefore given as combination and not as single allels.
If the marking covers the eye, it will apear blue regerdles of the Ataamos eyecolour-genetics.

• Common: no markings, Snowflake (less than 10% of the suit is white)
  • Uncommon: Minimal spotting (10-33% of the suit are white)
  • Very Uncommon: Spotting (34-65% of the suit are white)
  • Rare: Extreme spotting (66-90% of the suit are white)
  • Very Rare: Few Spots (more than 90% of the suit is white)

Genes:
  • Sp - dominant spotting
  • sp - no spotting
  • sp+ - recessive spotting
  • MM - Snowflake
  • Mm - Minimal spotting
  • Mm+, mm - Spotting
  • mm+ - Extreme spotting
  • m+m+ - Few Spots

Tattoos
Ataamos can have an extremely wide variant of tattoos. Therefore, only the number of colours is reglemented by rarity. The basic white of the Ataamo does not count as colour, but every other does. Please note that, if you want the tattoo shaded, every shade counts as a single colour!
  • Common: 1-3 colours
  • Uncommon: 4-5 colours
  • Very Uncommon: 6-7 colours
  • Rare: 8-9 colours
  • Very Rare: 10-12 colours

Last edited by Suatrone on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
He/Him - Penguin
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by Suatrone on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
He/Him - Penguin
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

╔═

╚═
═╗

═╝

╒══════════════╕
Affiliates
╘══════════════╛

None at the Moment.

Want to become one? Please message Suatrone about this.

Last edited by Suatrone on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
He/Him - Penguin
Slytherin
Suatrone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me