Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Flametail Hellunds by Inkeyu

Artist Inkeyu [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Inkeyu

Flametail Hellunds

Postby Inkeyu » Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Flametail Hellunds

COMING SOON!

I will be brainstorming information about the FH's here in this thread, as this is sketches and experiments.
As I post different aspects of these creatures, I will link them in the post below. You are welcome to add your input if you like, but please don't take offense if I don't take your suggestions or use your ideas. Thanks.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Flametail Hellunds - Species Info

Postby Inkeyu » Thu May 31, 2018 5:55 am

What are they?

As far as scientists have been able to determine, they are somewhere between the fabled Hellhounds, and Kistune. They are rather small, so they can only figure that they are somehow related to fenic foxes. They are not technically from this realm, and are believed to dwell mostly in the spirit world, but come over to our side to seek out partners such as witches and general companions. They do not discriminate based on species though, as they have been known to attach themselves to humans and animals alike. They seem to be able to switch between our dimension and the spirit one easily, and by choice, though it has been discovered that they will completely cease to exist in our realm if their flame is extinguished.

Okay, what are they REALLY?

They are a closed species, made by me. As a closed species, they can not be replicated outside of this adoptable without my permission. That being said, if more art is wanted of them from other people, you may get art of them, but only after discussing it with me, as I would prefer them not to get stolen. I am on several art websites that I check regularly for just such a reason. As I flavor them, they are almost entirely spiritual energy, wrapped around a skeleton and with a metal head, with a jaw attached with a bolt on either side of the face. The 'ears' aren't actually ears, they are channels for their energy. The ball of flame that is perpetually at the end of the tail, is an embodiment of their energy and shows what kind of magic they can do. The flame is kept there by a small outlet at the tip of the last vertebra of the tail. It is an outlet for the excess energy, and so keeps them anchored to our world. If the flame were to ever go out completely, the Hellund wouldn't exist on our plane anymore.

How do they behave?

Most Flametail Hellunds are good tempered, tending to prefer being travel companions or companions for the lonely. However, when their bonded comes under threat, they don't usually hesitate to protect their chosen companion. They can sometimes decide to switch companions, but this is rare and an arduous process they prefer to avoid. They are very active and high energy, but don't tend to need much maintenance as they appear to be made mostly of spiritual energy. They do have favorite treats though. Mochi seems to be the most common for them, though they tend to like all other sweets as well. Hellunds are hoarders as well. So beware leaving anything shiny out, they will take it and stash it in the other dimension. That being said, usually you can bribe them to bring you things from their stash.
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flametail Hellunds

Postby Inkeyu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:55 am

Getting closer to release! Anyone have any questions about these guys?
Inkeyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me