CC #7.214 - Firefly Glade // Winner posted by tapestry

Based on Click to view
Artist tapestry [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CC #7.214 - Firefly Glade // Winner posted

Postby tapestry » Mon May 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Canis Concolor, otherwise known as Zvers, are an alien species that were discovered aboard a crashed spaceship. Initially believed to be too vicious to tame, humans have formed bonds with these strange beasts, despite warnings from government agents who want them rounded up and exterminated. Despite several attempts, the government has failed to capture the beasts and Zvers have become an established species on Earth. Many Zvers have now become cherished partners and have shown themselves to be extremely intelligent and capable of human speech via telepathy. What will your role in their lives be?

This Zver has firefly-like markings, but they don't glow in the dark! To adopt them, please tell me about their most treasured item.

No extras.
Prettying up your form is fine.
You are allowed to draw a picture of their item if you'd like, but this is optional.

Code: Select all
Username:
Zver's Name:
Biological sex:

Contest ends on May 28th, 2018. Good luck!
Last edited by tapestry on Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
tapestry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CC #7.214 - Firefly Glade

Postby Wileyfangs » Tue May 22, 2018 11:43 am

Username: Wileyfangs
    Zver's Name: Misma
    Biological sex: Male
    Description of item: Perhaps it was because of how different they were looked at different compared to her brothers and sisters, the idea of putting a mask, a fix-it solution, on a problem that they didn't know how to fix. But Misma took well to the bird-like construction, adoring how spooky and frightening it was. It became her way of dealing with the world when it was too rough, too cold. The mask was her hideaway, her sacred place. No one could reach her with it on.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /Aster/ » Wed May 23, 2018 6:42 am

Username: BlueThrush
Zver's Name: Lumin
Biological sex: Female
Description of item:
Lumin's most valued item is an antique brass compass. It was a gift from her grandfather before he passed it was one of the first items he found and claimed after getting to earth. He told Lumin whenever she felt lost to hold it close and it would help guide her. Most of the time Lumin would have seen such sentimentalism as silly but instead, she found it heartwarming. Now she looks to the compass as her most prized possession

I Dream Of Flight
/Aster/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AvisKnight » Sun May 27, 2018 10:51 am

Username: AvisKnight
Zver's Name: Myrrine
Description of item: A small bottle, tied around his neck, filled with herbs and little trinkets, such as black sand, seashells, little bits of seaweed, and ocean water. The bottle is tied on by a strip of rope torn from a fishing net, which he had been given after nearly drowning on a beach. He stays away from water now, but he's always sure to keep the bottle nearby.
AvisKnight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tapestry » Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Quick reminder that this ends tomorrow!
tapestry ✿ any pronouns ✿ isfj.
I believe in second chances,
and that’s why I believe in you

tapestry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Mon May 28, 2018 9:29 am

Username: SergeantWinter
    Zver's Name: Skyfall
    Description of item: Skyfall has never been one for hoarding items or getting attached to objects. However, locked away in his own vault lays a treasure greater than money can buy.

As a young Zver, he was born in the wilderness on Earth. His parents were taken by the humans, but he still had his grandmother. She had taught him how to survive, with the exception of how to create a quilt for the harsh winters. It was her hobby but he never had fancied doing it. He’d go as far as finding excuses to not have to do it at all when she attempted to teach him. This kept happening over the years, and his grandmother grew weaker and sicker. It was not long before his grandmother had passed away. Being left out of his own, he ended up sharing the same faith of his parents. Except he had landed himself in an mansion, to be owned by a rich man who had too much money on his hand, instead of in a laboratory. There was an old maid who worked there, and she was the one who Skyfall bonded with. She reminded him of his grandmother, especially since she loved to quilt. Despite not needing to learn for survival reasons, the Zver finally did so to honour his grandmother.

The only thing is that the quilt remains unfinished to this day. Every year, he adds a new piece, a new memory, onto the blanket. He can never seem to bring himself to complete it.
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tapestry » Mon May 28, 2018 11:09 pm

Closed for judging!

tapestry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tapestry » Tue May 29, 2018 1:00 am

AvisKnight wrote:Username: AvisKnight
Zver's Name: Myrrine
Description of item: A small bottle, tied around his neck, filled with herbs and little trinkets, such as black sand, seashells, little bits of seaweed, and ocean water. The bottle is tied on by a strip of rope torn from a fishing net, which he had been given after nearly drowning on a beach. He stays away from water now, but he's always sure to keep the bottle nearby.

Congratulations, AvisKnight! I really liked the name you chose for him, and your description of his item was very vivid. I’ll add you now!

Thank you so much to all participants, I thouroughly enjoyed reading your entries.

tapestry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CC #7.214 - Firefly Glade // Winner posted