Artist Prolix [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Regular Event Adopt Kalon #9 - Minakshi

Postby Prolix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Female
Bisexual
A gambler and a wildcard, but she has grown to rely on reason rather than superstition.

Do they have any superstitions they live by?

"She is coming to."

The ringing in her ears was deafening. It felt as if her head was swarmed by shrilly humming fairies intent on muddling her concentration. Half amused, she took a lazy swipe at the little annoyances, only to discover she could not move her arm. This discovery was certainly out the ordinary; thinking back, she couldn't recall injuring it. Minakshi couldn't remember any premonitions from the last few days that foretold she would hurt herself. In fact, she couldn't remember anything at all…

"Hello?"

A voice had intruded on her thoughts, and she struggled to open her eyes to respond. A blurry figure leaned over her figure, a concerned frown on the Kalon's lips.

"Good morning. You are in the ER. You were in a collision two hours ago and broke your arm and clavicle. We removed the shrapnel lodged in your cheek and placed your arm in a cast. You will just fine, miss. Please do not try to move. Your family will arrive to visit you later, but for now you need to sleep and recover."

The nurse gave Minakshi a comforting smile as she turned and left the room, her tail swaying behind her as she moved out of sight and left the patient to her thoughts.

This could not be happening! She started to notice how badly her body ached and caught sight of the sling cradling her appendage. How on earth had she ended up in a car crash?!

Deep breaths, she coaxed herself. Her recollection would come back if she calmed down. A minute or two passed in silence; suddenly, cloudy images trickled into the gaps in her memory. That's right, today was supposed to be a good day.

Minakshi woke up with an eager smile as the sun shone on her face. She declared "Rabbit, rabbit!" as she rolled off her bed on the left side, hoping to wake up quicker as the superstition dictated. Strolling across the room, she checked her appearance in the mirror far away from the foot of her bed— after all, if it was there, her spirit could be trapped in the glass forever while she slept.

Satisfied with her reflection, she skipped off to check the date, though she already knew what it would be: August eighth. Minakshi nearly jumped for joy in her excitement, as eight was an incredibly lucky number, and two of them in a row was even more so. She had been waiting all week for this auspicious day!

Trying to use her luck for all it was worth, Minakshi had scheduled a lovely breakfast with her friends, a job interview in the afternoon, and a night of gambling she was sure to come out of with her pockets lined. Maybe that last plan was reckless, but there was absolutely nothing that could go wrong today!

With a grin stretching from ear to ear, she donned an elegant dress the color of fire to usher in joy and beauty. Minakshi donned a dragon-shaped pendant as a finishing touch for an extra spark of protection, and then she was off to embark on the best moments of her life.

All Minakshi could recall after that was the piercing wail of sirens, a metallic taste in her mouth, and a stab of pain through her heart that wasn't caused by tangible means. Everything she believed in had failed her. What could she place her hope in now?

…No. She couldn't give up like this. She was going to find purpose again; only this time, it would be based in something real.

by Meridiem x Adorable!

-----------
Text Sources:
"Minakshi": x
"Art": x
there is no meaning aside from memeing
Prolix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes