Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Umbra Adopts! -New owner as of 2/21- by crucifying.

Artist crucifying. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Umbra Adopts! -New owner as of 2/21-

Postby crucifying. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

What is an Umbra?

An umbra is a species that is unknown, living in the deserts of many countries. We're unsure how old they've been inhabiting these areas, but they presume it's been over 100 years. They're a friendly species who enjoys human company and other animal company as well, as they are a rather social species. The skull on their face is part of their body, like an armored face plate to protect them.

They may also be found in the arctic regions, but this is very unlikely as they prefer the heat and to bask in the sun to keep themselves warm.

Currently I have no baby lines designed, so until further notice there will be no growths or breeding, but when that changes I will post updates concerning that. However, I will start designing baby lines shortly so that a nursery, growths, and breeding may be possible in the near future.

Updates:

Feb 6th, 2018: Umbra's are now open, and litters will start being designed.
Artist search is also open!
That's all, check back tomorrow to see if there are any more updates!

Rarities, line edits, and more:

Generally Umbras will have no line edits, however if they do this will play into our little rarity system that I have set up.

Common: No line edits, basic face, no tail, generally basic designs or patterning.

Uncommon: Minor line edits and tweaks, small tail, basic designs, more complex patterning.

Rare: More noticeable line edits, medium length tail, gene morphing, oddities genes.

Very rare: Complex line edits such as missing limbs, exposed face, any length tail, complex gene morphs, more chance for a gamble of an oddities gene.

What is an 'oddities gene'?

An oddities gene is a gene that is not commonly present in an Umbra.

These are the current oddity genes:
Gems, fish scales, fish gills, antlers, long ears, earrings.

Cooldown times, and more:

After adopting an Umbra, you must wait one week before enter a raffle for another. This is to allow others to have the opportunity to win one as well. You may own as many Umbras as you'd like, there is no limit to that.

Customs:

To order a custom, you must contact me directly for approval and payment. I will then proceed to either do your custom myself or forward you to another artist so you can discuss your custom with them and pay them. You are only allowed one custom monthly, this is to prevent artists from being swamped with custom after custom. There will only be 5 slots monthly for customs, once those are filled, customs are closed until they are completed and for a week cooldown period.

Pound:

In the next post, you will see a 'pound' section, this is for people who have chosen to give up their Umbras for re-adoption and re-homing. To receive an Umbra that has been sent to the pound, it will be re-raffled.

How can I obtain one?

To obtain an Umbra, it is very simple. They will always be raffled off and up for adoption. I will not likely auction them, as I do not feel a need to profit off of these, unless it is for a custom. Always check in for raffles.

Rules:

They are quite simple. Please don't argue with staff, or artists as it is stressful enough to make sure enough are being put out. If you lose a raffle, please do not be petty, or rude as it will earn you a strike. Please do not spam the thread for any reason at all. If you have questions, take it directly to my inbox. Please do not sell my lines, or my Umbras for any sort of profit, this includes CS pets or c$. If you no longer want an Umbra, you must speak to me or an artist, do not sell it.

Artists:
nygma. (previous owner)
AvocadoLawyer (new owner)

Due to me not feeling like I can connect with these anymore, and feeling like I'm not too interested in them, the new owner is AvocadoLawyer. Thank you.
You may still contact me concerning an Umbra, or if you have any questions. I may pop in every now and again and design one to raffle, but it will be rare.
Last edited by crucifying. on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Umbra Pound

Postby crucifying. » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Current Umbras in the pound:

None. Check back later!
Last edited by crucifying. on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Cooldowns

Postby crucifying. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:03 am

Please check here to make sure you are not on the cooldown list before entering a raffle!

Current cooldowns:

None. Check back later!
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me