⍭ Sigurd; The Rejected One-Eyed Dream ⍭

"⍭ Sigurd; The Rejected One-Eyed Dream ⍭" by [ r a t ]

Dressup entry

⍭ Sigurd; The Rejected One-Eyed Dream ⍭

Postby [ r a t ] » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 am

A physical dream manifestation gone wrong.
Have you ever heard of the third eye, or the evil eye?
The third eye is associated with "spirituality" and "good", but I wouldn't consider it so.
The evil eye is a amulet used to ward off bad luck.
The actual evil eye is when someone, conscious or not, curses another with a stare so cold and demeaning it can kill a tree at a glance.

It wasn't Sigurd's fault he was formed with one eye.
Everything around him shuns him away in disgust or fear of his one eye, thinking that he may put a curse on them.
This isn't so.
People form their dreams from memories, but it also depends on their mind.
Are they a good friend, a fearful coward, or a cruel malevolent being?
The person who formed Sigurd was a bad person, always hating those who didn't do what he wanted.

There is another thing about eyes in religious contexts.
The left eye can be good, while the right may cause harm.

Sigurd's one eye is the cause of a "good" and an "evil" eye.
His Dreamer had fought over their own self.
Maybe they didn't want to be a bad person, or maybe they wanted to keep being the same horrible person they were.

When a dream manifests itself into a physical form, it takes the traits of their Dreamer's personality and mind.
Sigurd was originally a good Dream, one that had a heart, unlike Nightmares.
When he took form, the constant conflict between what's right and what's wrong from inside his Dreamer's mind had mutated his eyes which grew into one, large, glassy eye. His Dreamer's dark mind made his appearance intimidating, with a scythe with a glowing-eyed skull attached to it, black fur, sharp snaggleteeth, and a cloak as red as blood.

Despite this, he is still a good Dream. Note the flower crown and rose on his leg. These things were given to him by a buckskin colt who calls him his "friend". This is the only thing that gives him hope in his existence, because never in his "life" had anyone ever wanted to befriend or even approach him with friendly intentions.
He devotes his existence to fighting against other Dreams with ill intentions, but in his free time he likes to visit the young horse he calls his "friend".
[http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=3645836]
[ r a t ]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me