Sea Foam

"Sea Foam" by Gwyneira

Dressup entry

Sea Foam

Postby Gwyneira » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm sure most people know that the Disney version of "The Little Mermaid" ends happily ever after, however, the original fairy tail by Hans Christian Anderson has a slightly different outcome. Besides falling in love with the prince, one of the main reasons the little mermaid wanted to become human is because they had souls, while mermaids did not. So, she went to the evil sea witch and asked to become human and the sea witch told her that if the prince didn't fall in love with her, she would melt into the sea. The mermaid decided to risk it. She drank the potion the witch gave her and bore unbearable pain, walking on legs she was never meant to have. While the prince grew fond of her, he was arranged to marry another princess. On the Prince's wedding night, the evil sea witch came to the little mermaid and told her she could only be saved if she killed the prince. The mermaid couldn't bring herself to do it and she sacrificed herself in favor of saving the prince's life. However, because of her selflessness, she was given a soul and it is said that, when it storms on the sea, she can be seen guiding ships to safety.
Gwyneira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me