Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #83 - CLOSED!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #83 - CLOSED!

Postby starry--knight » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am

Lions of the Cosmos Civil War
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|| Species Info || Archives || Nursery || Fan Club|| Customs || DA Group || Re-Colors || Website ||
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome Travelers (AKA Future L.O.C. Owners)
This is adopt #83 of Version 5 of L.O.C! To be eligible to adopt you must mark the main thread, and fill out the form below! Effort on forms is required. This community is focused around participation and just really being a part of the group. If you are not up for being active in the community, please do not apply :c

LoC Name: Hassan, an Arabic name meaning Handsome.
Element: Air.
Allegiance: Neutral.
Last edited by starry--knight on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #83 - OPEN!

Postby ophanimera » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 pm

dropping out!
sorry
Last edited by ophanimera on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:48 am

Username: Armoury.
LoC Name: Quintus
Name Meaning: Fifth voice, also the poet who continued the Trojan epic.
Element: Air
Abilities:
learned to remove air from an area from instrument practice
Allegiance: Rebel
sub rank: Strategist
Personality:
History:
Younger Years:
Born into a loving family of "pride" maned/sighted lions
Grew up with other cubs, playing and learning to fight
worked with father to become a strategic warrior
began to see patterns and gain inspiration for music from battle,
"sings" his commands with an instrument or something.
Art: (optional)
Extras: (optional)

I have to show progresswhoops

Theme: Melody, Come Alive?
Pull from: Merele - music
Major telationship: ? find
Side: Rebel
Reason: born into it
Needs an earth or metal friend? to make instrumment? preferrably earth
Whole section on instrument
Last edited by Medd-Lee on Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Bump! A little over a week to finish forms! Be sure to finish in time for the 12th!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 am

Username: Penultima
LoC Name: Sibelius (Named after the Swedish composer, Jean Sibelius)
Element: Air
Allegiance: Neutral, with long-time pride ties
Personality:
Outdoorsy and introverted, Sibelius is a nature nut, and would rather spend all of his time in the great outdoors among the trees and streams more than he would around other lions. He also loves music, especially understanding the mechanics of sound waves, vibrations, tones, rhythms, and beats. Along with music, he enjoys dancing, and loves to choreograph dances in his mind. These he'd be far too afraid of sharing, as he thinks they wouldn't be nearly as good or worthwhile as the dances he's witnessed and joined in in his life, but he likes to imagine the beauty that such dances could create if they were able to take place.
He has a bit of an inferiority complex, and is constantly comparing himself to the success of other lions, which always brings up memories of every failure or shortcoming of his to the forefront of his mind. He doesn't like this about himself, and is acutely aware of this shortcoming. He tries his best to not let it show, and put on a bit of a mask to preserve his dignity and social acceptance, which fools almost everyone rather successfully. If there's anything he's good at, it's putting on an act. He'd seen it so many times in the pride performances at festivals, dances and stories that tell many a tale to enchant a young lion's fantasies. Storytellers can manipulate voices and set the scene for the desired effect, and dances evoke strong emotional and even spiritual feelings. Sibelius learned to adapt these concepts into his day-to-day life, although he would never use manipulation for bad things or personal gain.
Overall, Sibelius is an independent lion, who mostly enjoys solitude with the breeze and meandering around the woods introspectively. He's a strong observer, and loves to watch and learn from nature, and other lions, and by doing so to learn by experience, rather than by rules and orders. He can often be found humming to himself, smiling at sunlight, and talking pleasantly to both strangers and friends as if he's the most confident and self-sufficient lion around. In a way, he's still in the process of "finding himself", and what his true passions in life are, which is why he's chosen to be self-sufficient and unaffiliated, and just wants to learn and take in experiences to figure out what his purpose in life is.
History:
To put it simply, Sibelius has always been a momma's boy. Not that he doesn't love his father, but he just never felt that super strong father-son connection that many young males do. He grew up in a typical family den on Lochren, exploring the outdoors and partaking in pride traditions with everyone else his age. Exploring in fields and woods, places where he could feel the wind in his mane, was his favorite past-time. He also quite enjoyed hearing the music of the many performing and artistic lions in the pride, and he always looked forward to when the pride would host any form of celebration. He was always extremely independent, and although he's very charming to adults and friendly to peers, he always bore a sense of loneliness; a separation from other lions that made him feel like he couldn't quite connect or be their equals. As sociable as he is, the deeper part of him is more withdrawn and self-sufficient. This is necessarily a bad thing, and Sibelius often quite enjoys his self-selected solitude, letting the thoughts whirr inside his head and seeing, smelling, and hearing all he can about his home planet, and always looking for a chance to explore the worlds beyond and satiate his intense wanderlust. He somewhat passively left the pride in his mid-200's, preferring instead to not be bound by laws and regulations, which he cares little for and find tedious and trivial. Despite this choice, he's still very much invested in the pride, albeit in a more passive way, and visits quite frequently to meet with his favorite lions and roam his favorite places.
Art:
Relationships:
Acacius: He and Acacius go way back. Having been born into the pride, Sibelius grew up in a nearby den to Acacius, and together they'd explore to their hearts content. Acacius, having the element of darkness, always preferred exploring the cave systems around them, and seemed to be able to find his way in them quite nimbly. On the other hand, Sibelius was too much of a clutz, and would constantly bump into stalagmites or whack his head on low entrances. Besides, the cool chill was never very fun for him, and he'd feel lost and a little anxious away from crystal clear skies and warm breezes. His idea of their best adventures included open fields and dappled forests, filled with the musical songs of wildlife and wind blowing through branches, and the soft babbling of refreshing brooks. Although out of his comfort zone, Acacius graciously joined him on these journeys, and even as their life pursuits drew them apart with age, Sibelius still reflects fondly on those happy memories, and the feeling of having a friend.
Last edited by Penultima on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby olivionary » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:28 am

Username: olivionary.

LoC Name: Hassan, an Arabic name meaning Handsome.
Element: Air.
Allegiance: Neutral.

Personality: Uncertain is probably the word that is most often used to describe Hassan. He is rarely certain of anything, often opting to allow others to make decisions for him. Whether this is because he is simply nervous about providing a bad impression or whether it is because he is lazy is up to debate. Hassan fears being disliked and prejudged before someone can really come to know him, but he is often seen as lazy, wanting to do the bare minimum before he can relax.
Hassan is however prone to becoming stressed, no matter what it is that is happening, he will find something to worry about. He would say that he is simply being (over) cautious.
Once Hassan has gotten to know others, he often relaxes and becomes significantly more open. He's loud and playful when given the opportunity, often attempting to roughhouse like he was a cub again. Sometimes he gets his way and other times he is told to act his age. He often has a good sense of humour, however he may on occasion take someone's joke literally and overreact to their statement.
History: Hassan grew up in a quiet region of the Pride Lands by his Mother. He knew very little about his Father, but as a cub had heard other Lions and Lionesses discussing a Male who had since been taken away to the Prison Planet. Although he did not realise it until he was older, Hassan's mother was often subject to taunts and threats particularly from other parents. He was blinded by his youth and often feels a sense of regret from not defending her, despite his lack of understanding.
He never experienced any of the abuse that his Mother received, but maybe the young Lion had simply ignored it and never understood what was being said. As a cub Hassan had few friends, often playing alone or occasionally with an older cub of one of the few Lions who remained neutral with Hassan's mother.
Once Hassan had grown and become independent from his Mother, he was told to explore more of the Pride Lands and to take the opportunity to explore the world around himself, so he did. When he finally returned back to his home, his Mother was no where to be found. Hassan remains uncertain to where she went and what happened, but he often over hears discussion that she had been going crazy and disappeared into the Unknown lands.
Extras: (optional)
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

Closing in 1 day ! Be sure to finish up forms!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:55 am

Closed for judging!

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vraska the Unseen » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Vrask is taking over judging this one!

You both had lovely forms, however only one of you may take this lovely boy home! The lucky person that gets to work with this boy is... olivionary.!

Penultima your form was lovely, I wish you luck in future forms and comps, keep working hard!
Vraska the Unseen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos Adopt #83 - CLOSED!

Postby olivionary » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:40 am

Ah, thank you <3
edon & shania pixels by syntheticfox - vern by loafhound - vern and laith pixels by rayxray

ImageImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━
olivia. she/her. feb 14.

"You're as subtle
as a wrecking ball."

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
olivionary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery