Smaki and Slashimi by Verdana

Based on Click to view
Artist Verdana [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Smaki and Slashimi

Postby Verdana » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am

[From this game I have learnt that mantis shrimp are essentially pokemon already. Also oekaki is much easier with pen pressure.]

Smaki (right) evolves into Slashimi (left).

Smaki Pokedex entry:

Name: Smaki

Type: Water

Length: 5-8cm

Mass: 50-80g

Despite their small size, Smaki pack quite the punch. Equipped with force-based water attacks, they are often surprisingly powerful, but prefer to hide, unlike their evolution. They can be found in shallows and rock pools, investigating fish and nibbling fingers.

Slashimi entry:

Name: Slashimi

Type: Water and fighting

Length: 15-20cm

Mass: 300-400g

Slashimi are the hidden dangers of the seas. Their flamboyant colours attract both Pokemon trainers and other Pokemon, but Slashimi likes nothing more than to fight. Its signature move, Tidal Slash, has been known to propel unwary trainers right back onto the beaches they came from. Slashimi are grouches, and easily feel threatened.

Also entered are:

Top left:

Mushrat (based off of the Hawaiian Hoary Bat, which has a distinctive rounded hairdo)

Type: Poison

Length: 40cm

Mass: 600g

A parasitic fungus is slowly taking over Mushrat's mind. It doesn't seem to mind sharing its body, though. It flies around, sharing its love (and its fungus) with other, often less-appreciative Pokemon. It prefers dark, damp places, and while the bat prefers only to hunt at dawn and dusk, the fungus encourages more erratic activity. Trainers should only ever handle it with gloves, though humans seem resistant to the fungus.

Bottom left:

Camolon

Type: Grass and poison.

Length: 20cm from nose to tail.

Mass: 300g

Camolon is a placid sort, slow-moving and sedate. It meanders through heavy plant matter, using its floral tail as camouflage. Beware, though, because a sniff from that particular flower can send you to sleep, and a lick from its tongue is venomous. Despite this, Camolon is a lover, not a fighter, and is as dopey and dozey as it makes its would-be attackers.

Right:

Ginpod - based on shampoo ginger. This is basically a joke pokemon for the lols.

Type: Grass

Height: 1.5m

Mass: 80kg

This grumpy behemoth of a plant is as fiery as its colour, though not its type. It hides surprisingly well in thicket, and when surprised, shoots stinging plant matter into the eyes and face of whoever is close-by. However, it has a fondness for sweet things, and will become very biddable if these are offered. They smell rather strong, and should not be left in confined spaces.

Its evolved form, Ganger, has a much more unruly crop of those weird little white doohickeys, and vines as well.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me