Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

species sale - flowerpot punch by caf.

Artist caf. [gallery]
Time spent 16 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

species sale - flowerpot punch

Postby caf. » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:17 am

gonna do a little species auction for a species i love dearly but simply don't have the time to care for. here's the concept:
flowerpot punch wrote:flowerpot punches are a draft-like species of horse with an interesting twist - they are known to have manes and tails made of plant material. flowerpots are known to be gentle botanists, having large, shovel-like hooves with which to dig into the earth and high intelligence. they have been seen creating complex irrigation systems for the massive gardens created by their herds and appear to have quite complex rituals regarding them, especially around the death of a flowerpot - gravesites are sacred places and the gardens that grow from them are well-tended and often incredibly intricate and beautiful. flowerpots come in several types with four rarities:
grass (common) ((shown above))
flower (common) ((in drawing file))
fruit (uncommon)
vine (uncommon)
succulent (uncommon)
deciduous (rare)
evergreen (rare)
aquatic (very rare)
predatory (very rare)
flowerpots' tails are composed of the branches and leaves of their plant type, while their manes are composed of the flowers or products. as well, their personalities are often heavily based around their type. flowerpots tend to live in the same area as their plant origin and are specialized in growing their type of plant, however herds are often composed of many different types. classism between flowerpots is rare, as they seem to be a tolerant breed, and breeding between types is extremely common.
when breeding, both flowerpots will choose a designated area about 16 square feet in size and dig a sizeable hole, into which they will shed much of their manes and tails. after this process is complete, the plant material is mixed and buried. as a result, any two flowerpots can breed regardless of gender. after a period of 8-10 months, a massive thicket will have sprung up, from which a flowerpot foal will have emerged. the foals' type is determined as followed - 45% chance of inheriting the first parent's, 45% chance of inheriting the second's, and a 10% chance of a random type with the rarity of the first and second parents. say you bred a predatory type to a grass type - there's a 45% chance the foal would be a grass, a 45% chance it would be predatory, and a 10% chance it could be flower or aquatic type; it is impossible for any other type to be produced from this pairing. twins are nearly impossible and when they are born, 80% of them have the same type.

rules:
- these must become an adoptable or open species, though i have no qualms about how it's run
- if i could, i'd like to be a guest artist? they're so cute i can't help myself <3
- you can change anything about them, but making them unrecognizable is not permitted
- i can line them for you if needed, but keep in mind you will be charged, as unfortunately i no longer have the time to work for free

just throw out bids, i'll rank them accordingly. i only accept c$, pets, and art as payment (ignore my trade rules aha). thanks for your interest!

bids:
none~

Last bumped by caf. on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:17 am.
caf - they/them - bi
equestrian - vocalist - student

mostly i hang around here for
RVEC nowadays, though i
roleplay on occasion. chat
with me about horses, music,
math, science, or...anything!
caf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery