Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

N'dye #1 by Individuality

Based on Click to view
Artist Individuality [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

N'dye #1

Postby Individuality » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 pm

What is a N'Dye? wrote: Recently, a group of tourists that were diving in the Caribbean saw a large, brightly colored tail hidden between two rocks in a coral reef. Believing they had found a mermaid, or perhaps a new shark species, they inspected it closer. The tail suddenly was gone, and a strange creature darted out from between the rocks, disappearing into the reef. The tourists reported this to a marine biologist, who could not place the species. The group went out searching, and eventually found what seemed to be an aquatic wolf. However, it was quite different than a normal wolf. With gills, two ear pieces, large fish-like tails, a seahorse-like muzzle, and tentacles in place of their dewclaws, the species was something they had never seen before. Naming them Pescelupus Nadalus, or N'dai (Singular: N'Dye) for short, the specimen was taken in and cared for. It was discovered that they make great companions, as long as you have some sort of area they can swim in nearby!

N'Dai mostly eat fish and crustaceans, but kelp and coconuts are a healthy treat that they all enjoy. It has been observed that they use their tentacles to grab things, almost like a human would use hands. Ink will sometimes secrete from their tentacles, which the N'dye would collect with a seashell, or anything they could find. Biologists have been providing vials for the N'Dai to use, which they wear around their neck on a rope made of seaweed. Most N'Dai are colorful, in order to blend into their coral reef home. Their ink is normally a color that they have on their body somewhere, but rarely it can be a different color. They have a great sense of sight and hearing, but their scenting isn't the best. Using their 'hinged' ears, a N'dye can hear much better than other sea creatures. N'dai have both lungs and gills. They hunt using echolocation, but have been seen on land, using their blunt claws to bash crab or lobster shells. Pups are normally fed some soft creature, such as oyster or snail.

First adoptable! Yay!
For this one, you need to explain it's glowing orb thing that is in the vial.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Why the glowing orb?:[/b]

Ends: on June 30th or on the 5th post.
-
I an big gay
(currently judging for my Kalons.
Please be patient as I have a lot to go through)
-
Individuality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: N'dye #1

Postby eltonn » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 am

Username: seedcakes
Name: Reef
Why the glowing orb?: His great-grandmother found it when she was young during a storm- its been passed on as a family heirloom since then.

mgosh this is gorgeous, i definitely do not regret making you an artist :o

Last bumped by eltonn on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 am.
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me