Chad - D1G3T3D7 by - ; bonk!

• Forum avatar size
Based on Click to view
Artist - ; bonk! [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Forum avatar

Sorry, this artist does not allow people to use this drawing as their avatar.

Chad - D1G3T3D7

Postby - ; bonk! » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:31 pm

had this idea in my head for a while and everyone seems to be making TV head characters so... now's the time, I suppose.
    Chad only appears in two universes so far, but he'll probably appear in RPverse someday. we'll see. anyways, he's in both Pixelverse and Paradise Park.
    in Pixelverse, he's a kind of quirky dude who wears an old 1950's television on his head and answers new players questions, helping them adjust to the sudden environmental changes. no one really knows what's up with the TV, but it works, displaying letters and words when the dials are changed.
    in Paradise Park, Chad has a bigger role. ripped this right out of my notebook so forgive the grammar mistakes, grammar isn't that important to me when I'm writing in my private notebook:
    Chad (or "DGTD #1337") was an old military issue television marked with "DGTD #1337" marked on the back.
    it's unclear what the purpose of the television, complete with a simple and buggy A.I., served in the military, but the machine dates back to 1952.
    the A.I. controlled TV was powered down and left abandoned, but was later dug up in 1993 by Paradise Park's owner, Yvonne Weiß. to her surprise, the A.I. still functioned, though not very well. seeing an opportunity for the new park, Weiß fixed up the television herself and spent years reconstructing the terribly damaged A.I. to fit her needs. after three and a half years of work, Weiß repaired the unit and it's A.I., and constructed a synthetic human body which she attached the head to. her intention was to use the A.I. powered robot, which she'd nicknamed "Chad," as a guide for the park guests as well as an entertainer and customer service bot. in 1998, when the park finally opened it's gates, Chad was introduced. he did his job very well, much to Weiß' delight.
    after the park shut down and was left to rot due to bankruptcy that followed the disaster the park suffered in 2002, Chad, like the rest of the synthetic and automaton characters at the park, was left to wither away. never powered down before the park closed it's doors, Chad didn't exactly get the memo. he has no idea the park is defunct, and treats it as if it's still operational and just closed for the season. he often stresses over the terrible state the park is in and struggles to try and maintain it, futilely trying to wash dusty old food stalls, dust the counters, and wipe rust off the derelict rides. though many of the park's residents have tried to convince him that he's been left for dead and the owners will never return, Chad still holds on to hope that someday the park will open it's gates again.

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chad - D1G3T3D7

Postby - ; bonk! » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 am

nts - add chad to list once on tablet (forgot him)

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me